Medal Of Honor 2 Interview 8-16

Secumfex said:
Medal of Honor Heroes 1 on the PSP did feature 32 players combat already and as far as I know, it didn't lag. And Battlefield 2 features 64 players without lag.
I think EA knows what they're doing.
yeah i'm hoping this game will be as good as the battlefield games

When they said it would use EA nation, I was like oh brother. I hope they get this one right.

Yea I think that they will make it so that it wont lag but you know, its EA !

They do a lot of stuff right but sometimes they can mess things up !

Yea I think that they will make it so that it wont lag but you know, its EA !

They do a lot of stuff right but sometimes they can mess things up !

This should be really good. Could put the Wii's hardware to the test too and maybe bring the Wii to a few more gamers attentions.

Marc said:
This should be really good. Could put the Wii's hardware to the test too and maybe bring the Wii to a few more gamers attentions.

All the photos I saw up on IGN looked shallow--nothing with much depth to an area. They said the PSP wasn't going to be a limiting factor, but then, what were they going to say "haha, you're not getting Airborne!"?

this is my most anticipated game of 2007. EA...dont screw it up.
OR ILL SCREW UR FEMALE BOSS

EDIT.- the graphics look really cheesy wow. I expected more!!!!
those are like ps2 graphics even sonic was better then that

Last edited:
mk_south_london said:
this is my most anticipated game of 2007. EA...dont screw it up.
OR ILL SCREW UR FEMALE BOSS
...WTF?!

Surely you don't mean either that...

And you don't want Galaxy or Corruption?

SUPER MARIO 64 WILL BE THE ONE AND ONLY MARIO GAME FOR ME. metroid prime just sucked. i got stuck so many times and i havent even completed it...its scary too :scared: .

And if i got a condomn at the ready then i might just have to....:wink: (really)

mk_south_london said:
EDIT.- the graphics look really cheesy wow. I expected more!!!!
those are like ps2 graphics even sonic was better then that
Hmm, after looking at them, I can see that they could be vastly improved. Where's the bloom lighting? I know the Wii can do it, because Metroid Prime 3 has it.

Are we sure we're looking at the Wii screens and not generic screens of the title (which could be the PSP version)?

I mean, they haven't shown any footage of Proving Ground for the Wii yet either (to my knowledge).

Agreed the graphics could be better. I'm hoping the online mode will out weight them though.

Matt Tomporowski, a producer for EA Canada, spoke with media Web site IGN about the online infrastructure, control scheme, weapon selection, and special features of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for Wii.

Tomporowski confirmed a difference between the Wii and PSP versions of Heroes 2, stating, "While the two versions share a lot of the same design, they have each been optimized and custom built for their respective platform." The Wii version will feature more advanced visuals, widescreen and progressive scan support, an extra single-player level, an on-rails casual mode that uses only the Wii Remote, and full Wii Zapper support.

"Action gestures" will be a "huge part of the game", Tomporowski stated. One such gesture will allow players to reload their shotgun by pumping the Nunchuk in a manner typical of that weapon. "We also have the bazooka which is of course a shoulder mounted weapon, so in-game you actually lift the Wii Remote up to your shoulder to engage the weapon," Tomporowski said of another action gesture. "When you fire it, you hear the rocket launching out of the chamber through the Wii remote speaker right next to your ear."

Players will have access to 14 weapons and other equipment in Heroes 2 direct from the military's Office of Strategic Services. Many devices, some of which have "never before [been] accessible in previous MoH games", will utilize unique gestures. Driveable vehicles will not be present in the game.

Up to 32 players will be able to compete online in the Wii version of Heroes 2, but no offline multiplayer will be available. According to Tomporowski, the team has employed continous-joining server models in order to allow players to "quickly and easily jump in and out of the online action anytime." The servers will support stat tracking and leaderboards. The online system will maintain default game preferences, but more experienced gamers will also have options for number of players per map, usable weapons and more. Multiplayer will support the Wii Zapper peripheral to the same extent as the single-player campaign.

Heroes 2 will utilize EA's online service rather than Nintendo's Friend Code system. Tomporowski confirmed the absence of voice chat. The game will instead incorporate a "quick-chat" feature that "can quickly send important, audible, tactical messages to other members of your team in team based games."

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is expected to be released this fall.

Quick summary if anyone cares :lol:

Marc said:
Agreed the graphics could be better. I'm hoping the online mode will out weight them though.

Exactly what I was thinking

Back