Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 IGN Review (Impressive)

iOwnage said:
8.4 is really good score.

Notice how in this game the arcade mode is a Rail game, yet Res. Evil Umbrella Chro. is all Rail. That really makes me mad.

Anyways, I cannot wait for this game.

Does it have splitscreen? If it doesn't I might wait before I buy it.

no it dosnt have splitscreen

vashivihan said:
no it dosnt have splitscreen
that pisses me off.

Why cant they include splitscreen and online. Is it so hard? I mean would u rather play with ur friends and family, or a group of people u dont know, never talked to, and never will. First they left it out BWii and now this. They sure r getting the online down except now there screwing up with another aspect. I would much rather wait another month if it meant splitscreen.

iOwnage said:
that pisses me off.

Why cant they include splitscreen and online. Is it so hard? I mean would u rather play with ur friends and family, or a group of people u dont know, never talked to, and never will. First they left it out BWii and now this. They sure r getting the online down except now there screwing up with another aspect. I would much rather wait another month if it meant splitscreen.

The big EA teams passed us over. So we got Team Fusion. On the upside, they respect the system and worked hard to deliver the best controls available to the system. On the downside, they have fewer resources, less console experience (they're a portable dev team--no splitscreen needed when you deal with handhelds), and so they had to make choices about what to include and what not to.
I mean would u rather play with ur friends and family, or a group of people u dont know, never talked to, and never will.
It's not a question of who you would rather play with. It's a question of how often you want the option to play. Do you only want to play when your buddies are around, or do you want to be able to turn it on and always have a real intelligent person (rather than AI) to play against? For people who've grown up and don't have quick access to their old game playing buddies anymore, online is too important to pass over.

Jake said:
6 hours long and no split screen. . .

You should get whatever games best suit your needs, but the campaign is 6 hours long, not the game. Throw in a few more hours on arcade, and potentially hundreds of hours in online gameplay, and you have probably the biggest gaming experience yet on the Wii.

Also, if MOHH2 fails to draw a big audience, what are the odds anything better will come along? We're losing the FPS genre. Our second dev cycle of games is even more sparse than our lackluster first cycle. Most publishers gave us half a game the first time around, and this time most of them are giving us nothing.

Wiinter said:
The big EA teams passed us over. So we got Team Fusion. On the upside, they respect the system and worked hard to deliver the best controls available to the system. On the downside, they have fewer resources, less console experience (they're a portable dev team--no splitscreen needed when you deal with handhelds), and so they had to make choices about what to include and what not to.

It's not a question of who you would rather play with. It's a question of how often you want the option to play. Do you only want to play when your buddies are around, or do you want to be able to turn it on and always have a real intelligent person (rather than AI) to play against? For people who've grown up and don't have quick access to their old game playing buddies anymore, online is too important to pass over.

You should get whatever games best suit your needs, but the campaign is 6 hours long, not the game. Throw in a few more hours on arcade, and potentially hundreds of hours in online gameplay, and you have probably the biggest gaming experience yet on the Wii.

Also, if MOHH2 fails to draw a big audience, what are the odds anything better will come along? We're losing the FPS genre. Our second dev cycle of games is even more sparse than our lackluster first cycle. Most publishers gave us half a game the first time around, and this time most of them are giving us nothing.
hmm. . . isn't the arcade mode the same levels of the campaign though?

JAKE196 said:
hmm. . . isn't the arcade mode the same levels of the campaign though?

yeah they almost are.except it would be faster because the computer is moving for u.

Wiitime said:
i was hopeing for 9 or higher. but i will take it.. still cant wait for this game... if it was any lower i would be shocked.
Yeah, I'm quite pleased with this review, now let's just see what these pansies over at Gamespot have to say, they better not bash this game!!!:mad5:

Me, I dont care about the reviews, I dont give a crap. NBA Live 08 for Wii got a freakin 3/10 and I still want to buy it. I care if I like it or not. I wouldnt care if IGN gave it a 0.1, I'd still go out and buy it, or at least rent it, and see for myself.

And anyway, as everyone has said, quit complaining, 8.4 is good.

I highly recommend anyone who likes first person shooters to pick this up. Single player is fun and a great way to learn the controls, Arcade is ok, but the multiplayer is amazing. There are only a couple things I would knock it down for

A voice chat system would of been nice, even if it was just for talking with your own team for team deathmatch and capture the flag. The method of pressing the 1 button and then using the control pad to pick what you want to say to your team is pretty unpractical, especially because you cannot move while doing so. Nevertheless, the online play is still extremely fun.

Splitscreen multiplayer would have been nice as well. It is a bummer that 2 people in the same room cannot play together unless there are 2 tvs and 2 wiis.

As far as lasting value goes, had this game had voice chat and split screen multiplayer, and maybe even the option for 2 people to go online from Wii, it would have easily been a 10.

I still highly recommend purchasing it!

I just bought it today and played for about an hour. Its not as easy as I thought it would be, online especially. I pwn in COD online, but this is way different. I think something that would help anyone is having little icons above the heads. Something for Axis and something for the Allies. The uniforms are hard to tell apart, but like I said Ive only played for about an hour, hopefully it gets easier. No voice chat doesnt bother me, Im used to it.

What does everyone use for settings, I cant seem to find the right combo?

sugart said:
I just bought it today and played for about an hour. Its not as easy as I thought it would be, online especially. I pwn in COD online, but this is way different. I think something that would help anyone is having little icons above the heads. Something for Axis and something for the Allies. The uniforms are hard to tell apart, but like I said Ive only played for about an hour, hopefully it gets easier. No voice chat doesnt bother me, Im used to it.

What does everyone use for settings, I cant seem to find the right combo?

Yes! Sometimes it is hard to tell until you get close up if the person is on your team or not. Maybe if they made the uniforms different for the teams, and everyone on the team had the same color which was a different color than the other teams.... I dunno

Back