Miyamoto Talks Wii U Zelda

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8790-zelda-skyward-sword.jpg

Eurogamer reports that Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto has been talking to Entertainment Weekly about a Wii U Zelda game. At last year’s E3, fans were wowed by a tech demo that was shown of a Zelda game running on the Wii U in HD, and many were hoping for more of the same at this year’s E3, which is one of the reasons why some fans were disappointed by the Wii U launch this year, as they had been hoping that a new Zelda Wii U game would have been announced as well. Talking about the prospect of Zelda on Wii U, Miyamoto told EW that Nintendo is still working on the Wii U controls for the next Zelda.

“With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, and I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren’t able to do that or didn’t like it as much and stopped playing partway through it.”

Somewhat worryingly though, he also said that the game should be more accessible to a broader audience, telling EW:

“What is the most important element of Zelda if we were to try to make a Zelda game that a lot of people can play? So we have a number of different experiments going on, and [when] we decide that we’ve found the right one of those to really help bring Zelda to a very big audience, then we’ll be happy to announce it.”

Source:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-08-miyamoto-zelda-wii-u-still-in-research-phase

I damn-well don't know anyone insane enough to not finish Skyward Sword...

I'm not at all worried 'bout any seemingly absurd direction Miyamoto could take Zelda. Loved Twilight Princess, loved Skyward Sword, "gimmicky" motion controls 'n all.

Back