Modern Warfare 2: A Rant

Athronox

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2009
You know, I remember one day where I was sitting in History class back in '07, and this girl in my class named Sarah was going on and on about how she loved Halo.

This mindset is one which I have found accross the board. So many, many people love Halo, for reasons unknown to me. And even though it's probably not all that bad of a game- I hate it. Because of the impact it has had, and the kind of people it attracts. I'm more of a person who enjoys niche games, or ones of less popularity, because it kind of makes me feel like it's my own in a way.

I hate Halo. But then there came a game called Modern Warfare. This game took my hate for Halo, and expanded upon it many, many, many times. My hatred for this game is so great, so deep, I can hardly express it with words. But allow me to try...

Back in '07 when it first came out, MW was "the thing", and has remained "the thing" for almost 3 years. But I could handle it. I could handle it because it seemed like a decent game, and I even owned it myself.

And then, then comes the tragedy, the monstrosity, that is- modern warfare 2.

But why is it so terrible? Is it because its story sucks? Is it because it has horrible game play? No. It's terrible because it is the exact same game it use to be. It has the exact same graphics, the exact same game play, the exact same weapons, the exact same feel, and most of the maps are just larger rehashes of old COD4 ones.

But no, I could handle this. Even though it put me righto n the brink, I could handle this. It was the hype, and the enjoyment of this game even after its release, that made me explode.

"9.5/10" - IGN

Are. You. Serious?

Every single publication out there gave it a 90 something, if not a perfect score.

It does not deserve it.

It makes me so mad that people are actually so pathetic and lackluster that they would actually spend $60 on the medicore, highly over-rated, rehashed bucket of smegma-coated prostate juice which is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

I am so incredibly disappointed by this game, by others for liking it, and in myself for actually spending $60 on it thinking it would be halfway decent. I learned a valuable lesson.

And as if it weren't enough for them to completely re-brand the original game, that actually had to implement poor versions of game play mechanics from Killzone 2, like the sentry bots and turrets and whatnot.

I'm sorry, but anyone who actually enjoys playing this heap of garbage must have a brain the size of a slightly salty peanut. I am so pissed at this game.

thats the main reason i hate COD as a whole. gets praised for being innovative and doing new things but its all stuff we've seen in other shooters. COD sucks period and MW2 is just the latest pile of s*** that they've pushed out

Wow. Lot of hatred going on there. I don't like the sheep mentality that "Its great because everyone else thinks its great", but I did actually like the first and have always thought that a good game can always do well without too much different. Left 4 Dead 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 are but two examples. Though I do think the price tag for these doesn have to be so high.

I try not to do this. But Athronox, your an idiot.

Really? So, I'm an idiot for disliking a game which is a completely re-packaged version of a game I bought 3 years ago? Let's see- it uses the exact same graphics engine, the campaign is actually shorter, it has all of the exact same weapons except with a few variations and pointless add-on's like the tactical knife, and bigger maps with more kill streak variations on "air strike"....Yep. Sounds like a totally new game worth $60.

........Yeah...Okay. Sure. Have fun with that concept. You and your smarts go have fun playing COD4- I mean, MW2.

Last edited:

i second that.

seriously anthronox, the create a class has been totally rebuilt making for a fresh online experience and the short, but good campaign is not the main focus of the game. simply put, why fix what isnt broken? up until modern warfare 2's release modern warfare was the best online shooter available. the graphics engine is still one of the best out there for an online shooter. again, why fix what isnt broken?

instead of crying about spending 60 dollars on a game you dont like why dont you do some research or read a review or 2 before you buy a game? or better yet.. go outside.

uhhh dude.. you must be retarded sorry for calling you that but seriously.
MW2 has
Improved Graphics
Added Gamemodes
NEW guns
a few bugs have been fixed
Deathstreaks
Choose your death/killstreaks
Dual Wielding guns

from your words it seems as if you havent even played the game yet
and you shouldnt say crap about a game just because other people like it a lot.
does that mean you also hate games like
Grand Theft Auto
Half-Life / Counterstrike
Left4Dead
?
and anyways... of course infinityward's gonna make a sequel because it sold well.
it was also one of the few games for consoles to bring actual modern warfare to gaming.
sure there's games like Rainbow Six and SWAT but those were cop based not military.
others were usually based on other wars especially world war 2.
of course they're going to take things from other games that seemed well... thats how games IMPROVE.
actually try reading some reviews especially if you arent a call of duty fan.
and this isnt really a rant your just pissed off at the game because you dont know sh*t.
Gamespot rates
MW2 9.0
KZ2 9.0
MW1 9.0
i think it was fairly rated....

It does suck.

It's rushed, even hardcore mode from CoD4 was rushed, instead of increasing weapon damage, they just decreased players health, so you can get blown up by a car on the other side of a concrete wall.

They just shove a bunch of crappy weapons with next to none recoil into a game, then add some fancy things like dual wielding Shotguns and desert eagles (Almighty desert eagle lul), and nukes for a 25killstreak.
CoD2 was the best cod to ever come out, great story, great graphics, great voice acting.

They could have fixed the hitboxes atleast, but they didn't.
Just add a bunch of crap to please the community of 5 year old xbox live users.
And you know I'm right.

It does suck.

It's rushed, even hardcore mode from CoD4 was rushed, instead of increasing weapon damage, they just decreased players health, so you can get blown up by a car on the other side of a concrete wall.

They just shove a bunch of crappy weapons with next to none recoil into a game, then add some fancy things like dual wielding Shotguns and desert eagles (Almighty desert eagle lul), and nukes for a 25killstreak.
CoD2 was the best cod to ever come out, great story, great graphics, great voice acting.

And you know I'm right.

uhhhhh i really dont think cod6 was rushed because just compare it to a majorly rushed game (Smash Brawl) in smash brawl the voice acting doesnt always sound like its done by the same person. the variety of attacks is greater but still very similar to the next guy. online play sucks, and campaign is wayy to easy.
in cod6 the voice acting is consistent, variety of guns (more added from cod4) online lags not to much but on rare occasions......

of course infinityward / treyarch might rush a game. call of duty is wayyy to popular to not be rushed. f they didnt rush they'd probably lose a lot of fans. they took about a year to release a cod. if they took their time and took 2 years then id just become impatient

i think the game was done well. most people are happy with this game
and please do remember.... cod is also for the ps3 making me feel left out :sick:

It does suck.

And you know I'm right.

uhhhhh i really dont think cod6 was rushed because just compare it to a majorly rushed game (Smash Brawl) in smash brawl the voice acting doesnt always sound like its done by the same person. the variety of attacks is greater but still very similar to the next guy. online play sucks, and campaign is wayy to easy.
in cod6 the voice acting is consistent, variety of guns (more added from cod4) online lags not to much but on rare occasions......

of course infinityward / treyarch might rush a game. call of duty is wayyy to popular to not be rushed. f they didnt rush they'd probably lose a lot of fans. they took about a year to release a cod. if they took their time and took 2 years then id just become impatient

and please do remember.... cod is also for the ps3 making me feel left out :sick:

what the hell are you talking about? SSBB was not rushed, but rather delayed 3 times so they could work on it more. learn what your talking about before making stupid claims like that.

It does suck.

And you know I'm right.

what the hell are you talking about? SSBB was not rushed, but rather delayed 3 times so they could work on it more. learn what your talking about before making stupid claims like that.

okay sure maybe it wasnt rushed but alot of it sucked.... the voice acting was horrible for some characters, the online really just was a fail even in local areas. a lot of the sounds sound generic. it was to easy to unlock all the characters. hell it took me a few hours to do that. melee ftw :D

i second that.

seriously anthronox, the create a class has been totally rebuilt making for a fresh online experience and the short, but good campaign is not the main focus of the game. simply put, why fix what isnt broken? up until modern warfare 2's release modern warfare was the best online shooter available. the graphics engine is still one of the best out there for an online shooter. again, why fix what isnt broken?

instead of crying about spending 60 dollars on a game you dont like why dont you do some research or read a review or 2 before you buy a game? or better yet.. go outside.
Well said. No need for me to say anything, haha. This man has owned this thread.

But Jesus ****ing Christ, if you hate this game so much, instead of whining about it so much and "hating" it, why don't you just not buy it? If I hate something or someone I just ignore or try to forget about it. By the way, it's just a game. Lol.

Back