Modern Warfare 2

first technical issues. the 360 will overheat redring of death and have these errors in which u have to send it in for a few weeks which is crap.ive never in my life ever had a problem playstation systems.

second. you have to pay to play online??? that is abserd. ps3 is free and the money u pay for live could be spent on dc (downloadable content) for other games.

and another thing the cool things sony does with the controllers and ALL ps3 games.
like the smoked(see through) controllers for ps3 and its the same thing with the disc. just hold it up to the light and look at the back. you can see the frontside of the disc.
the rechargeable controllers=no more batteries

Last edited by a moderator:
first technical issues. the 360 will overheat redring of death and have these errors in which u have to send it in for a few weeks which is crap.ive never in my life ever had a problem playstation systems.

The 360 itself is a fine reliable console now as updated hardware has been preventing the technical issues. Using this point shows you're a fanboy, obviously you haven't been following it and you're beating a dead horse. Saying this is like saying that the PS3 has no games, both comments are obviously false. The PS3 also has had technical issues as well you know, and for the price you'd expect more reliable hardware. The microsoft warranty is also in place, free one year and if you console dies within that year you get a replacement console and 3 more free years.

second. you have to pay to play online??? that is abserd. ps3 is free and the money u pay for live could be spent on dc (downloadable content) for other games.

The cost of Xbox Live is worth the price of admission, the whole online service is excellent. The market place, community, content and the onlive service as a whole is better than the PSN. That doesn't mean the PSN is bad it's still a good service.

and another thing the cool things sony does with the controllers and ALL ps3 games.
like the smoked(see through) controllers for ps3 and its the same thing with the disc. just hold it up to the light and look at the back. you can see the frontside of the disc.

I'm more concerned with button placement and how the controller feels in the hand. You can make yourself, or purchase chases for controllers. The disc being see through thing?:lol:

the rechargeable controllers=no more batteries

360 also has connectors for the console to the controller. And rechargeable batteries are an easy option as is the range of controller chargers.

The 360 itself is a fine reliable console now as updated hardware has been preventing the technical issues. Using this point shows you're a fanboy, obviously you haven't been following it and you're beating a dead horse. Saying this is like saying that the PS3 has no games, both comments are obviously false. The PS3 also has had technical issues as well you know, and for the price you'd expect more reliable hardware. The microsoft warranty is also in place, free one year and if you console dies within that year you get a replacement console and 3 more free years.

The cost of Xbox Live is worth the price of admission, the whole online service is excellent. The market place, community, content and the onlive service as a whole is better than the PSN. That doesn't mean the PSN is bad it's still a good service.

the xbox just ripped off nintendo when they added that avatar creator crap

I'm more concerned with button placement and how the controller feels in the hand. You can make yourself, or purchase chases for controllers. The disc being see through thing?:lol:

360 also has connectors for the console to the controller. And rechargeable batteries are an easy option as is the range of controller chargers.

the buttons are the exact mirror image. the only difference is the 360 controller is fat. and see spending more money for extra stuff for 360. microsoft is just out to get more money any way possible.

Personally I'm not a fan of 360, I much prefer PS3's.
My reasons for this are that I don't really like the 360 interface (like the dashboard) but that's my own opinion. I don't like the idea of having to pay to go online (I couldn't give two shits whether it's better) as many people spend £100 odd on setting up a wireless network in their home, and should be able to connect and play for free. Another thing is that 360's don't have WiFi built in (I may be wrong with the Elite version) but I'm not going to pay £50 for a wireless adaptor which basically comes built in a PS3. PS3 has a Blu-Ray player, (yes many 360 users say "Oh yeah but what's the point of it, DVD's are just as good). Fact is that they're not, the quality is by far better, and 360 users have to buy a HD Movie player to play those HD DVD movies that I've seen in the shops. The price as well, 360 users tend to say that PS3 is overpriced and you don't get value for money, I spend £400 on my PS3 on launch (which was 2007) and I've never had a problem (in that space of time a 360 usually gets a RROD once or twice, in which case you need to send the console off for 3 weeks and that means no play, and 3 weeks of XBOX Live subscription wasted which you don't get refunded), in the £400 I've also got myself a Blu-Ray player, Internet Browser (which 360 users don't have) and some other good stuff which comes in handy. PS3's controllers are motion sensitive, something that Microsoft never placed into their products (Racing games feel 10x better with a motion controller, ask any Wii user). You also get a bigger hard drive than most 360's (I think Elite has a 120Gb but PS3's 160 combats this), you can also put an external hard drive into a PS3 anyways and for example put 1TB on your PS3.

Overall I love my PS3, I'm not saying 360's are crap, but from my perspective I think PS3's are better and they suit me better, and I prefer them

The 360 controllers feels better in the hand, plus the LT and RT buttons are better than the PS3 equivalent R2 and L2. Also, the PS3 is out to get money too, there's no doubt the production cost of the console has reduced dramatically yet they're still charging full original price. The 360 has dropped its price considerably and is cheaper than the Wii. And the PSPGo for $240? =/

How about we get back to MW for Wii now?

The 360 controllers feels better in the hand, plus the LT and RT buttons are better than the PS3 equivalent R2 and L2. Also, the PS3 is out to get money too, there's no doubt the production cost of the console has reduced dramatically yet they're still charging full original price. The 360 has dropped its price considerably and is cheaper than the Wii. And the PSPGo for $240? =/

How about we get back to MW for Wii now?

I don't agree with you on the controller feel, as I think PS3 controller's feel better, but that's your own opinion and also my own opinion.
60GB PS3's are no longer made and they were £400 on launch, 80GB consoles with a few games are around £270

yes the 360 did drop the price to 200 but they took out alot of software to do it.
as where the ps3 is having a price drop soon down to 300 and and you get the full software that comes with it

i would go 360, in fact, i recently bought one. I bought the arcade version for $199, a 20 GB hard drive (more than enough) for $25 on amazon and 2nd wireless controller for $25 on amazon. So I got everything for $250. That is much much cheaper than the ps3. If you dont have an hdtv that is 1080p capable, than the blue ray player on the ps3 is not worth the extra price you are paying.

as far as paying for xbox live, its 10x better than ps3 and wiis online. plus xbox live has netflix which is huge for me.

As far as the system breaking, the new xbox consoles have not had problems. and sony had its share of problems to. no matter what though you have a 3 year warranty from microsoft that fixes the problem for free.

So, should you buy the console for MW2? I wouldnt for one game. But if you are interested in other games, then get it. 360/ps3 basically have the same games. i liked the 360 more because it was cheaper, had HALO, better reviews whenever compared to PS3 from respectable sites/reveiwers, its from an american company, and microsoft is ahead of the game in the online world.

ALSO NATAL comes out next fall which looks sick.

i doubt natal online would match M.A.G online.

256 players in one online match.

now that is sick

i doubt natal online would match M.A.G online.

256 players in one online match.

now that is sick

:lol:

Natal is a motion 'controller'...

oh well my bad for not knowing 360 crap and ps3 already has sixaxis

The Six axis is an extremely limited motion controller, Lair has showed it cannot be utilized as a control scheme and only for waggle. The PS3 is launching a Wiimote like controller as a motion controller, while Microsoft is launching Natal as their equivalent.

Right, can we end this PS3 V 360 debate here please? This topic is about Modern Warfare for the Wii and we're just dragging it down.

Back