Motion Sickness?

djroberts

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2007
Southern California
Wii Online Code
3065-1652-9879-4158
I'm hearing a lot of conflicting reports about this. People saying that the game makes folks very dizzy on the other hand a guy who get motion sickness from FPS games told me he had no issues.

Any concensus here? I don't want to buy it if it's going to make me sick. I get motion sickness from a lot of FPS games.

huh? Sick???

Well... the second universe of the last dome, purple comet, made me totally "sick-mad-annoyed" It was damn hard to pick all 100 purple coins... I've lost around 50 lives in that stupid stage... and I had 119 starts... meaning that stage was sepparating me from Luigi... Regarding that... nop... never got sick (

I know what you are talking about, the first few times I played, and the gravity/camera thing does the loop de loop, it made me feel kind of wonky, but just for a second. Now I'm fine. Sometimes when my roommate watches me play it affects him lol.

when i first picked up the control, I got a tiny bit dizzy as the camera etc went upside down as i chased a rabbit around the planet. After that and through the rest of the game everything was fine though.

-Pnuts

My dad has that type of motion sickness. He has never been able to play, let alone watch a fps (always tried to get him to play Doom 2 deathmatch). However I was home this weekend and had him watch a few levels of SMG just to show off the game, and he said it wasn't bothering him. One of the first few levels, Egg something, is one of those shifty camera ones and he wasn't bothered.

If you find a way to try the game out before buying, don't base your judgment on just a few minutes of play. I have no history of motion sickness and I found the camera views on planet levels a little dizziating at first.

Lol... I never got sick with this game

However, I got dizzy with Dry Dry Wet World (from Super Mario 64)
Also, it was easy to get sick playing it in 1st person.

hey guys...

the game made me slightly dizzy, until I got used to it....but NOTHING like the orange box did on the 360.......Half life 2 actually made me sick for 3 days......after only 10 minutes of play...I actually brought the game back.......

try sitting further back from the TV..and leaving lights on also helps....

it made me dizzy at first but i got used to it. i only got dizzy cause i don't really play games like this a lot and the camera threw me off

Maybe if you ate too much chilly dogs before you played the game. Really thought how could you get dizzy im perfectly fine(but thats me!) maybe for people wiith weaker stomachs.

Well, motion sickness has actually got alot more to with the brain than the stomach. Something to do with the eyes confusing the body's balance. So your dad, has to either focus on mario alone, or just look at the screen and not concentrate too much.

And no, don't get motion sickness from SMG.

killik119 said:
Well, motion sickness has actually got alot more to with the brain than the stomach. Something to do with the eyes confusing the body's balance. So your dad, has to either focus on mario alone, or just look at the screen and not concentrate too much.

And no, don't get motion sickness from SMG.

I got motion sickness when I had my spine ripped out to a resounding "FATALITY"...

Only motion sickness i ever experienced on the Wii was when i first started playing super mario galaxy but that went away after about 10 min of playing its because of all the upside down stuff :p

djroberts said:
I'm hearing a lot of conflicting reports about this. People saying that the game makes folks very dizzy on the other hand a guy who get motion sickness from FPS games told me he had no issues.

Any concensus here? I don't want to buy it if it's going to make me sick. I get motion sickness from a lot of FPS games.

Most of the game has no up-down reference and the camara and point of view will change a lot. You may get very motion sick playing Super Mario Galaxy. But you know what? the experiece of playing it is WORTH it, Haha!

Some tips to lesson the misery: Get some cough drops and suck on them as you play. (The menthol in them sooths nausia)

Make ginger root tea and drink it.

Don't eat much before a play session.

Don't be overly tired when you play, your brain will black out.

If you feel cruddy, stop playing and go lay down.

When I first started playing it, I got soo sick. I felt horrible, all nauseated, shaky, wabbly and disoriented. Bad feeling indeed. But it seems that I have adjusted to it. As long as I keep my play sessions short, I'm ok.

Last edited:
Back