any other fanboys/girls sick of the nintendo kiddy thing?

rodent

WiiChat Member
Aug 7, 2006
i was just wondering if any other nintendo fanboy/girls or even just supporters were sick of the "kiddy" image? i personally don't believe nintendo is "kiddy", but i am sure as hell sick of it being seen that way.

either way, although i know nintendo certaintly isnt "kiddy", i do wish we had more M rated games. i know there are a lot, but lets face it, E games outnumber M games on all nintendo systems.

4 anyone who's sick of the "kiddy" image, i have an idea.

all nintendo needs is a HUGE controversy, something that will make blowhard politicians ***** about it 4 quite a while. If Nintendo had that, then no one could ever call us kiddy ever again.

post your thoughts

When Manhunt 2 is released , we need some young teens to go on a murdering rampage through a major city then turn round and blame the Wii.

Yea.. that out to do it :devil:

i0n said:
When Manhunt 2 is released , we need some young teens to go on a murdering rampage through a major city then turn round and blame the Wii.

Lmao totally. then people wont dare tell teens that the wii is kiddy. :devil:

i0n said:

LMAO, good to see im not the only one with a sick mind here :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I really don't care about the image. I don't want my Mario games to be rated T or M or anything. I like them the way they are and it seems the kiddy image is making the most money for Nintendo, so that's good for us because it guarantees they can still stay in business.

I'd rather have more games like Hotel Dusk rather than some senseless Man Hunt crap any way.

Last edited:
Matt90 said:
dude, Wii is getting Manhunt 2. but 360 and Ps3 aren't nuff said.
its because manhunt wasnt that big of a success so they dont want to spend all the money on next-gen hardware... (its really my guess, but its most likley true if you know something about something)

kiddy never

holdpage_01.gif

Whats wrong wioth the kidy games
Who here didnt like Zelda

Capcom's shown interest in making the Resident Evil series exclusive for Nintendo systems. However, things didn't work out, so now there's only 2 (and 1 other one in development) that are exclusive.

Definately not a childish series.

Otherwise, I like a lot of the games that others might consider "kiddy". Chibi Robo is amazingly fun, along with the Mario games.

That's an interesting thought,

For a long time, Nintendo was the only major player in the console arena, right up to the Nintendo 64, where Sony made their big debut with the PlayStation which changed peoples perceptions on videogames forever.

Up until the PlayStation came out, the common perception of videogames were that they were all "kiddie" themed (with the exception of a few very popular PC/Arcade titles, namely DOOM and Mortal Kombat). The Nintendo 64 was still very childish, with it's colourful controllers and few mature titles (or for that matter, few titles that sparked mature interest).

(just for the record I am aware that the PlayStation came out before the Nintendo 64 so don't bother pointing it out, I am comparing them like this because they are of the same generation of home entertainment consoles).

All of a sudden we had Sony, with plenty of racing games, sports games, espionage games, fighting games, complex RPGs, survival-horror games, and whatnot, which was significantly more appealing to an adult market than what Nintendo had to offer (the vast majority of RPG attempts on the Nintendo 64 fell flat on their face, with the Zelda titles being justabout the only exceptions).

Sony instantly gained appeal with an older audience, if not for the primary presence of more adult orientated titles, for the sheer quantity and choice of games, not to mention the fact that being CD-based meant that parents with morgages to pay off could scunge on games and join the rampant piracy swag that plagued the first PlayStation.

It's true, Nintendo have made a comeback into a more grown up market, by aiming its two latest consoles (the DS and Wii) at an broader demographic. It seems to be working; people who have never considered owning a Nintendo console have happily purchased a Wii or DS and have gotten countless hours of enjoyment out of it.

I believe a common misconception among the "kiddie" image is not so much that a console is AIMED at younger demographic, but moreso that a rival console appeals to an older demographic, therefore anything that is not that console, must not be aimed at an older demographic - Do you get what I mean?

Hope this makes sense :p

i0n said:

nothing will happen to Ninty, they already advised parents to use parental control.

Back