Things about girls I just don't understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topeka would be perfect for you. It is for me.

LMAO...NY is heaven compared to GR.....

They actually have one of the lowest crime rates for large cities, thanks in part to the one and only.

GR and Detroit round out the bottom....ahahhaah

I wouldn't mind the city.....wi-fi......cable tv......grrrrrr

The_Loose_Cannon said:
haha ya darn right! i wont subject her to the menusia of pop culture (i think i spelt that wrong......gahh! its so early in the morning to be using big words!)

anyways you know im joking right?????? :rolleyes:

in any event, hmmm tyler if you were to date my daughter "sophia" hmmm.....well considering yhou dont look like something i arrested, you speak well, come from good breeding....yeah id let you step foot in the house. had you look and talked like a total skell, id cuff you and process you for attempted rape or something lmfao.

Sophia:no wonder i only have girlfriends!
*runs to room*

jkjk

LOL, what's wrong with only having girlfriends??? See my earlier post. ;) :lol:

hm...an insert in my bulletin on sunday, "how to talk to your spouse"

LMAO, Apparently, the guys usually just say what's wrong, instead of asking for the woman to explain her view.

I am usually the second one (I think so anyways.....). How about you? this thread needs some more life...

Brawny said:
LMAO...NY is heaven compared to GR.....

They actually have one of the lowest crime rates for large cities, thanks in part to the one and only.

GR and Detroit round out the bottom....ahahhaah

I wouldn't mind the city.....wi-fi......cable tv......grrrrrr
Where have you traveled? Ive almost been to every state, and can say, for shame of quoting "The Wizard of Oz", this state's most common resemblance, that theres no place like home. Kansas is DENSLY populated in the east, but boarderline baren in the west. Something for everyone.

You guys have proivded some really interesting points of interest here, and I greatly appreciate all the response you've given :)

Something else occurred to me while I read through some posts in response to the idea of body image for girls... The idea of beauty... Well, what I mean by that is, girls seem to attack each other by attacking the other girls body image (for example, even if a girl isn't fat by any means, if she's called fat there's a high probability she'll believe she is fat, due to her self concious nature). In believing she's fat, she'll probably believe she isn't beautiful anymore... And that's something I find interesting.

The Idea of beauty seems to be vastly manipulated, and every girl seems to have a different idea what the definition of "beauty" is. If she's fat she thinks she isn't beautiful, why? Because guys won't find her attractive? Because she doesn't feel good about herself? Or could it be because she doesn't know who she really is?

I don't believe beauty is something that can be measured in physical terms, I believe it is an intangible energy that surrounds an individual, and what makes them unique as a human being which is the true beauty of a person, a person who is content with themself and their life, a person at harmony with the world and those around them, a person who respects their body and those around them. That I believe, is truely a beautiful person. It doesn't come from ladelling on layer upon layer of makeup, it doesn't come from hair colouring, or lip gloss.

I do believe, that girls become ugly with vanity and a self-righteous attitude of superiority; no matter how physically "pretty", toned or "glamourous" they may be. Someone cannot be considered beautiful if they treat others unfairly.

As I write this, a girl from University springs to mind... Some would consider extremely attractive, but I do not. She's tall, quite thin, blue eyed and very fashionable. I do not consider her beautiful though. She's vain, obsessive over her makeup (she once spent the whole half-hour bus ride to University putting on makeup), and above all, shallow. She's a product of the media, a one-dimensional character with no substance who thrives off a life of trendy conventions and tastes. I cannot find a person with so little integrity beautiful, no matter how physically "attractive" she may be.

I mean, I don't consider myself fashionable. I've got long black hair (it's growing longer, the back's down to my shoulders and the front fringe tips come down to my mouth) and I usually go to class wearing a pair of old, faded jeans, some band shirt (lately it's been either a Trivium or Mudvayne shirt) and an unzipped dark green military-style jacket over that and in my favourite Globe skate shoes.

But I'm not that superficial, I wouldn't dress 'nice' in designer clothes just to impress people. I'd dress a certain way because I felt like it, and I like how it looks on me, as opposed to doing it purely for other people. If I'm friends with someone (or for that matter dating someone) it's becuase they like me for who I really am inside, not just because of how I look (having said that I do have respect for myself, I wouldn't let myself go because that would equal disrespect to myself), and that's the same reason I would be friends with, or date someone; because I like, and resonate with the person they are inside, and not just because they dressed in certain clothes, or looked a certain way. They need to be beautiful, the kind of beautiful I describe above.

Sorry if this kind of went on a bit, I had a few things running through my head as I wrote this.

(ps: I'll add this post into my original post)

Brawny said:
lol, long read. It's good though, even if you have restated everything I believe. hehe.
OUCH. He just typed that hour long post and you tell him it's been said already. Harsh Adam. >.<

Ezekiel86 said:
You guys have proivded some really interesting points of interest here, and I greatly appreciate all the response you've given :)

Something else occurred to me while I read through some posts in response to the idea of body image for girls... The idea of beauty... Well, what I mean by that is, girls seem to attack each other by attacking the other girls body image (for example, even if a girl isn't fat by any means, if she's called fat there's a high probability she'll believe she is fat, due to her self concious nature). In believing she's fat, she'll probably believe she isn't beautiful anymore... And that's something I find interesting.

The Idea of beauty seems to be vastly manipulated, and every girl seems to have a different idea what the definition of "beauty" is. If she's fat she thinks she isn't beautiful, why? Because guys won't find her attractive? Because she doesn't feel good about herself? Or could it be because she doesn't know who she really is?

I don't believe beauty is something that can be measured in physical terms, I believe it is an intangible energy that surrounds an individual, and what makes them unique as a human being which is the true beauty of a person, a person who is content with themself and their life, a person at harmony with the world and those around them, a person who respects their body and those around them. That I believe, is truely a beautiful person. It doesn't come from ladelling on layer upon layer of makeup, it doesn't come from hair colouring, or lip gloss.

I do believe, that girls become ugly with vanity and a self-righteous attitude of superiority; no matter how physically "pretty", toned or "glamourous" they may be. Someone cannot be considered beautiful if they treat others unfairly.

As I write this, a girl from University springs to mind... Some would consider extremely attractive, but I do not. She's tall, quite thin, blue eyed and very fashionable. I do not consider her beautiful though. She's vain, obsessive over her makeup (she once spent the whole half-hour bus ride to University putting on makeup), and above all, shallow. She's a product of the media, a one-dimensional character with no substance who thrives off a life of trendy conventions and tastes. I cannot find a person with so little integrity beautiful, no matter how physically "attractive" she may be.

I mean, I don't consider myself fashionable. I've got long black hair (it's growing longer, the back's down to my shoulders and the front fringe tips come down to my mouth) and I usually go to class wearing a pair of old, faded jeans, some band shirt (lately it's been either a Trivium or Mudvayne shirt) and an unzipped dark green military-style jacket over that and in my favourite Globe skate shoes.

But I'm not that superficial, I wouldn't dress 'nice' in designer clothes just to impress people. I'd dress a certain way because I felt like it, and I like how it looks on me, as opposed to doing it purely for other people. If I'm friends with someone (or for that matter dating someone) it's becuase they like me for who I really am inside, not just because of how I look (having said that I do have respect for myself, I wouldn't let myself go because that would equal disrespect to myself), and that's the same reason I would be friends with, or date someone; because I like, and resonate with the person they are inside, and not just because they dressed in certain clothes, or looked a certain way. They need to be beautiful, the kind of beautiful I describe above.

Sorry if this kind of went on a bit, I had a few things running through my head as I wrote this.

(ps: I'll add this post into my original post)

Damn that was good. I need to marry this guy.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
In my opinion every girl is beautiful, but what really would make me want to be with them is their aura, their internal beauty, which you can find out as you meet them, how they talk, act, etc.

Last edited:
yep, personality.

Actually liked a person based on personality alone recently...... no pics were seen at all. :/

Beauty 1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).

A deffinition. Cliche? yes. Do I care? Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back