A little stumped.

CantGetAWii said:
Well lets get started.

Recently I have told a girl that I have liked her.
Her response was either one of these two..

"I haven't thought of you like that"
or
"I haven't really thought of you like that".

Those may be similar there, but the last one sounds better in my books.
Now, rather than her ignore me or completely disregard my existence she hasn't.
Rather the opposite. Maybe all girls don't disregard guys that have told them they like her, but I have seen it happen before.

We were friends before, we knew each other before..I didn't just go up to some random girl and tell her I liked her.
The reason I did was because we were flirting and what not for a bit, we would always talk etc.

I figured she felt the same way for me for sure.
Now I would like for her to feel the same way, maybe she does.

Do I stand a chance? :lol:

How exactly does she flirt with you? Well, you can't really push a girl into liking you. Lol, of course. If you see her kind of backing off, stop flirting. That is like the least thing you would want to do. Has she changed ever since you told her that you've liked her?

samXcor3 said:
just keep doing what you're doing. in my opinion you should never outright tell a girl you like them. it puts them on the spot and makes things awkward. i think you should just let it happen, keep flirting, maybe hint that you like them, and eventually it might come up some how.

Well, it depends. >_< At least you didn't find out from someone else that the person likes you. I mean, this kid who still likes me.. never told me face to face. He had to let the wholeeeee school know. Then again, I don't even know this kid.
But yeah, some girls just flirt and they don't even notice it. I guess it's a girl thing? Same with guys? My friend flirts ALL the time.. with every girl he sees. It's not even funny! He doesn't even like them. But he flirts? Anyone want to explain why?

(and what Rach said, is totally true.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.
We haven't talked in person since I told her.

We have been talking on good ol msn though :lol:

I am just happy she's not ignoring me :lol:
Surely that must be good.

She hasn't really changed since then, still talk a lot.
Haven't brought all that up though.

Maybe no change is bad, maybe its good.
All I know is I am quite clueless, and will attempt to pull something off with this :lol:

Thanks again.

hmm... It's difficult to offer advice with so little information.

1. How old is she?
2. How long have you known her?
3. How much do you know about her?
4. How to you carry yourself around an individual you are attracted to?
4b. Has others noticed your actions? Have the commented on them?

Other than the more generic (good) advice, such as be yourself, etc. etc., there needs to be more information present for us to assess your situation. :)

1. My age 16
2. I have known her since May of this year.
3. I know quite a bit about her, hard to explain that one :lol:
4. I act normal around her, like I would anyone else..besides when I am trying to get her attention.
4b. No one else has seen my actions really, my close friends know I like her, and have noticed me talking to her, nothing more or less than that.

hmmm...

The romance between a male and female can get complicated, with some mastering down to an art while others spend a lifetime struggling.

CantGetAWii said:
1. My age 16
2. I have known her since May of this year.
4. I act normal around her, like I would anyone else..besides when I am trying to get her attention.
Comments like...
"I haven't thought of you like that"
or
"I haven't really thought of you like that"
...tell me that you may have not have been making it obvious that you liked her by means of subtle flirting. Women are emotional creatures, and if a male proposes himself simply as a friend without signs of interest a woman will commonly accept that.

CantGetAWii said:
This is really important, as each person responds differently to various actions. This is where getting to know someone goes into a different level, beyond simply her favorite color or food. You will need to experiment to a degree and study her reaction to your comments and actions. Keep it very simple at first, and build upon that based on her reaction. Once you've managed to learn at least some degree of her personality, then you can start inserting ideas that keeps her mind at work. Keeping her mind wondering is key, as the more she thinks about what you previously, the more likely she is to assess her feelings towards you.

Women are emotional creatures, and almost all women seem to love some sense of mystery or generally anything that outlines there emotional preferences.

A good example would be what Warrior said, "well mayeb you should start thinking about me in that way". Some women would see this as a sign of masculinity, and if that is a desired preference in a mate then it could of had a positive reaction. Others, like Frogger, took it as more shovenistic and referenced it as more of an attack - her reaction was more negative obviously.

By studying her reactions to less obvious comments and flirtation will be the key, then you can evaluate your own personality and build from that point on. Once you get a better understanding of her personality and while she does the same with yours (by keeping her thinking), and if all goes well in time even more direct responses will result more positively.

Still need more information, greater detail, however consider improving your subtle flirting and notions of your feelings at this time verses bluntly spilling it out pre-maturely.

Kris, I don't know how you reach a new level of awesome every time you post but you do it...

Thank you Frogger and Eagles, it's people like yourselves (and many others as well) that make it a pleasure to regularly visit this site, a routine I plan to continue notably because of good people like yourselves. I hope the same of you as well, because this community would not be the same otherwise.

I wish I could say more however such kind words of compassion are simply not taken lightly or for granted, and I appreciate them more than I could express by mere words. The best I can offer at this time is simply a moderate thank you, again, and to let you know that the relatively same level of individualized compassion and respect has been acknowledged on my end as well.

I like to also note that I don't see you as simply "just words on my screen", and like to view each of you as people expressing the thoughts to which make you who you are. For this reason I have strong impression that a number of you are relatively good people, and good people are hard to come by. It is for this reason it has been nothing but an enjoyable experience to be able to communicate and participate in this online community.

Again, Thank you. :)

Back