Question for the girls...

ThatGuy127 said:
Here's some advice (I've never been in this situation before, but I think this might help): Talk to your friend. But don't tell him you've always felt this way. Just tell him you think you're really starting to like her. See how he reacts; if he goes psycho and thinks you're poaching on his girlfriend, then I suggest you don't talk to her about this while he's around. If he understands and whatnot, then you can just ask them while they're together if you can have a word with her. Ask her if she remembers when or what you told her (of course she does, but this'll just bring up the subject). Tell her that you need to know whether you two could ever start dating in the event that she and your friend break up. That should give you your answer. If not, oh well, if so, great.

Uh....don't listen to that one. Doing that would majorly effect his relationship with his friend. You have to understand that high school (or even lower) relationships are not strong in any sense. One day your best friends and the next day you're sitting at completely different lunch tables. When you actually graduate, only about 2% or lower of the people you called your best friends will still be your friends. Trust me, no guy is going to pick his best friend over a girl in high school.

kitkat_bar said:
Trust me, no guy is going to pick his best friend over a girl in high school.
In most relationships, you'd be correct, however I can honestly tell you that if any of my friends gave me some sort of twisted "me or her" ultimatum then he'd have just made my decision for me. Not because I love her, though I do, but because any "friend" who would ask you to choose is not a friend at all.

Such young people. I feel so old being 19 lol, but nvm.

Anyways, I don't want to sound harsh but this stage your going through is not "love". It is puppy love and I know you are prolly sitting there and thinking you don't know how I feel about her and such, and yes I don't know, but I have gone through the same thing. Every person on these forums have gone through the "puppy love" stage, its how we grow from them and learn what we want and what we don't want.

I don't think you should tell your friend about your feelings for her, just let it go, because he could react in a upset way and not want to be your friend. Which would make you lose someone that you know wants to be around you. Girls come and go, and each one will be different. There are plenty of girls out there, you are so young you don't realize you have the rest of your life to find you "true love". Just don't get yourself so worked up over one person, its not worth wasting time on.

Also if she thought you were joking when you expressed your feelings and won't talk to you know, I'm sorry to say this but, its not a good sign. She most likely was smiling at you everyday to be friendly and nice, but springing on her with feelings may have overwelmed her. If you can sit down and talk to her, great, do so, it will not only work things out for the best, but you will feel better too.

Just adding some of my advice with the rest of the people on here, every little bit helps in one way or another.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

looks like masculinity is out of the window ...lol

anyway i'm not sure ive ever had this problem, you just have to be confident and say what comes out, sometimes its gone bad sometimes good

you just have to dice with death.....i mean love

I hated today. This whole thing was happenin for valentines, where guys would get these cut out hearts, and if they talked to a girl, they had to give them their heart. The object was to keep your heart with you for the whole day in a sense. It was lunch hour, I was with a friend, and guess who comes up behind me trying to get me to talk, that's right, her. It killed me inside when I tried to hold it in. I nearly broke out and almost started talking to her. I tried to avoid it, I walked down the hallway and she was just clinging to my back. I went into the library and started reading a book, and I looked up and she was gone. I feel so ridiculous right now. I should've said somethng, but what could I say? The one thing she told me while she was trying to convince me to talk, was this. "You know you want to talk to me." Now I can't help but wonder if she was just intimidating me to talk, or if she meant about how I feel inside. I feel like a bag of **** right now. I should've said something. I had the perfect opportunity, but now it's gone.

wiiwillstand said:
I hated today. This whole thing was happenin for valentines, where guys would get these cut out hearts, and if they talked to a girl, they had to give them their heart. The object was to keep your heart with you for the whole day in a sense. It was lunch hour, I was with a friend, and guess who comes up behind me trying to get me to talk, that's right, her. It killed me inside when I tried to hold it in. I nearly broke out and almost started talking to her. I tried to avoid it, I walked down the hallway and she was just clinging to my back. I went into the library and started reading a book, and I looked up and she was gone. I feel so ridiculous right now. I should've said somethng, but what could I say? The one thing she told me while she was trying to convince me to talk, was this. "You know you want to talk to me." Now I can't help but wonder if she was just intimidating me to talk, or if she meant about how I feel inside. I feel like a bag of **** right now. I should've said something. I had the perfect opportunity, but now it's gone.

You did the right thing. First off if she is making you feel like a bag of **** it is not worth any of it. No person you want to be with should make you feel like that. Second her saying you know you want to talk to me....that sounds like she is using you to her advantage. She knows you like her and she might start playing head games with you. You need to be strong and do what YOU feel is best.

Didn't you already tell her how you felt and she denied you?

I'm not trying to be mean, but you should just give up on her. If she did nothing after you told her your feelings obviously that's probably a sign she doesn't want you, so spare any more embarrassment for her or yourself.

I'm a guy btw, but couldn't resist.

I've had plenty of opportunities... But that doesn't matter, because in the immortal words of Chris Griffin: My friends gave me the 411 on that b****, and she is all about the bling. My sister (who is two years older than me and is a cheerleader with the girl I liked) said that she uses guys and has even admitted it. She also said that she slept with a Junior (we're Freshmen by the way). It sucks to know that she's not the girl I thought she was, but I can breath a HUGE sigh of relief now.

I agree with the fact that she could be playing head games with me, but she could also be saying that she's waiting for me. She wants me to talk to her! What about that? You never know? I just don't know what to do. Hopefully we get a snow day tomorrow (with all this winter storm stuff happening) and I can think this through, otherwise I have to face it dead on unprepared.

If you really want to know why she wants to talk to you, then see if she comes up to you tomorrow or whenever you return to school, and let her talk talk, see what she talks about. See if she talks about you guys or if she just talks about normal things, like the weather for example lol. That will give you some kind of idea what is going on.

wiiwillstand said:
what do you mean? I have to be honest, I don't know the way girls think, especially in conversation.

Well if she talks about the weather, then she's definitely just trying to give you an opportunity.

However, I have to caution you (again), this sounds like a bad situation getting worse. :nonod:

Oh the high school memories. I too feel old.

bad situation or good situation, I have to know! Do I have a chance, or not? That's what I need to know! But how do I find out? How can I possibly go back to her after nearly two months of avoiding each other.

Back