I really need some help here (girl problems)

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your responses, that was really great of all of you to put your thoughts and feelings forward like that, I really appreciate it :)

I thought I'd share with you how things went at the festival:

The Big Day Out was yesterday, unfortunately, things didn't go quite as well as I had hoped... I did go, saw a few bands (my main band being Trivium, where I felt as if I almost died of dehydration/overheating - lousy cramped indoor section) and whatnot, caught up with a few friends too. But I don't know... the day just felt incomplete... I found everywhere I went I was thinking about her more and more, reminds me of those song lyrics - "Everything I see reminds me of her, god I wish I didn't care anymore" - Slipknot - Everything Ends.

I guess the day got off on the wrong foot in a sense... We were supposed to get there around 12 noon, and a friend (an ex from a few years ago) was going to give us a ride in, while at the same time my best mate was coming with us too and she was bringing some guy too. My best mate took a while getting here (seemed like about 40 minutes from the train station given it only takes about 15 minutes to walk...), and she was almost an hour late :rolleyes:

On the trip there all they talked about were the drugs they were planning on taking, which left me as the odd one out, as I don't do drugs. It did really start to irritate me too because my best mate who was with us told me he was going clean, then to hear him saying he's really hoping to find some stuff inside the show really annoyed me. Also I can't say I really liked the guy my ex dragged along, I lost all respect for him when he started screaming at people out of the car window (I HATE people who do that). Freakin' hell... Is it that hard to enjoy music straight faced?

So that didn't set up a good disposition for the day... We parted ways soon after, my bestie and I wandered off to catch The Butterfly Effect (just for the record they're an East Coast rock band, I'm not talking about the movie) which helped cheer me up somewhat. After that we went to see Birds of Tokyo, who were actually pretty decent, and I started hanging with this really short cute girl in the crowd. She recognised me a couple of times later in the day and gave me hugs, I felt loved lol.

After the Birds of Tokyo show, Trivium came on and they were easily the most intense band of the day. They put on a damn good show, but there were alot of inconsiderate morons in the crowd. What was even worse was that unlike every other stage which was situated outdoors, this stage was inside in which after a short while I felt as if I was going to die of dehydration from that mosh pit...

By the end of the show I wandered out trying to look for people, apparently Leah's (the girl I'm trying to get over) best mate saw me and was waving at me, but I had no idea as I was thoroughly zombified by the time I got out of that mosh pit...

I caught up with some friends here and there, but I couldn't take my mind off her... Everything I looked at somehow made me think of her... Where we met, where we went to sit down and talk, going for a stroll with her etc... I dunno... maybe I was just overly emotional that day or something... but it really was wrecking things... It got even more frustrating when I was trying to organise places to meet up with people and it never worked out! My bestie spent most of his time in the Boiler Room (the big dance music arena). I did a few scouts around there, but saw no sign of him amidst the mass of people.

Also... backtracking a bit... The Day Before (day before the Big Day Out that is)... I was really hoping to catch up with her again... but I was told by numerous people not to call her, and to wait for her to call me... I went into town with a mate, at the same time that girl was in... I was just aching to call her and ask to catch up but mate told me not to... I was aching all day to call her at the Big Day Out too, but everyone told me against it... Just as I get home from the Big Day Out at like midnight, I have a message on my phone from her saying "I didn't see you anywhere, I thought you were going to call me!" and I was just thinking "****... Why did I not call her?!"

I can't help but feel.. I dunno... I can see why they told me not to call her but what the hell!? That's just wrecked... I could have had an angst-free day if I had just given in and done what I felt was right. I know my brother and the girl who gave me advice weren't trying to steer me in the wrong direction, but I mean what the hell.... I was so cut up about it.

Ah well... At least I feel like some balance has been restored somewhere. My best mate left me waiting over half an hour for him outside the Boiler Room (dance hall place), he got a bit of lovin, and I let him sleep in my bed; That balances because at the Big Day Out of 2004 I left him waiting for about half an hour for me (without me even knowing), and at last years, well I met that girl, and once he let me stay in his bed and he took the floor. I feel like something's balanced out now.

*sigh*... Oh well... I didn't think I'd write so much, Well... There's a good chance I'll be re-posting a good portion of this in my online journal.

Thanks for reading/listening peoples
Thanks again for all the kindness, all of you seriously rock

Sorry to hear things didn't work out as well that you wanted them to, but you did talk to another girl and that is great! Hang in there.:thumbsup:

Once again read every part of it, and I feel for ya. To start, I've also been in situations where people have been talking about something which I'm totally unrelated with, which always gets me down until somethings brought up in which I find easy to blend in. Now onto the girls.

Pros : You got speaking to another girl - shows a clear sense of confidence (a lot of guys wouldn't even try)

Cons : As far as I can see, you did nothing what so ever wrong.

With your friends telling you not to ring her, they were right, and you did the right thing not giving in to temptation. I understand that your feelings for her were tryina take over, but you gotta remember past experiences with this girl, and how that she could easy just take advantage of your feelings again. Though I might be wrong. She could be sitting there right now, thinking 'why didn't he ring me :(' and that she really did wanna speak/see you again, as more then a friend. But to balance that argument, she could also be sitting there right now thinking 'damn, seems like he's got the picture of what I'm doing to him now.' See what I'm saying? It really depends on how you picture this.

What you planning on doing next? Waiting til she goes to that college (think thats right) near you, ring her or move on? I personally feel that moving on is the best bet. You've proven (to me) that you can go to public places easily, and even get chatting to new people, which I think is exactly what you need to do. Go out as much as you can, and even if it isn't looking for a girlfriend, it's always good to make loads new friends, due to it increasing your self-confidence, and also the chance of them introducing you to new people :)

Well, thats all I can think of saying right now, good luck with whatever you choose to do (respect to whatever that decision is) and I look forward to any sort of reply :) and I'd be more then happy to try and help in the future :D

You guys have been really great, there have been excellent responses here and you all have been so helpful and supportive, much love to you all :)

I wish I could personalise this a little more, but it's so difficult because you've all given me such great advice. So, to those who posted, thankyou so much (you know who you are :) ).

As far as things go with this girl... I'm still not sure, I'm feeling a little more confident about things though, and I find myself worrying less about what happens between us. I guess... Part of me still aches for things to be good between us, but I don't find myself hanging out for it as bad as I used to.

I guess I have other things going on around me now, like my job (which has been irritating me all week long) which I am about to quit, and University will be starting soon, so I'm looking forward to that. Things might improve from here... Once again, thankyou so much to those who have helped me through such a difficult time, you guys seriously are the best.

Should any of you have problems in the future I only hope I can be as helpful as you've been.

Sovieto said:
these arent the dr. phil forums!!!! :mad2:

these also arent the inconsiderate dick forums either :prrr:

man you'll find someone else no doubt, if she THOUGHT you were gonna call her she obviously didnt have the sense or the willingness to get up and call you

i know its hard but move one

Back