Nintendo is ticking me off !

LLBChamp said:
Nintendo is ticking me off im not sure about anybody else but i know im really gettin fed up with there kiddy image that wont break. there too laid back and in the end its gona bite some1 in the butt. they want what the parents want not the actual gamers. (gamers people who actually play the games)throwing out these stupid party games. at least they are trying by giving us a few good titles like godfather, scarface, and even ssx was a gamers game. and those are just ported titles that has been out for months already nothin great, not counting ssx. plus there lack of online is sucky the first online game is pokemon which is also sucky (pokemon who cares). and there only chance to shake that image was manhunt and nintendo them selves said no AO GAMES. question why do we have an ao rating thats not used for adults like myself. and the AO rating states
ADULTS ONLY
Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.
i assume if your gonna buy an AO rated game a person should show id. i don't see why its such a problem. if your the dumb parent who phisically sees that the title has a big AO rating a buys it for there kid is an idiot. if the big n ever puts out an ao game i will bow down to them. but for now the wii is a big thing and if it keeps up the crap i dont think people are going to care for wii be cause of the image they give off im already feeling that way i almost dont want to play it. and i hope game companies arent afraid to put good content on there games just cause of what happend to manhunt. the should infact start making more AO games to show them what gamers want. (u kno gamers the people who actually play the games) and overun the ESRB with so many Ao titles nintendo will have no choice but to allow a few or go wit the dinos and stay kiddy. im sorry i love nintendo but there just ticking me off

who is owning.....thats all that matters, who cares what you think. as long as they sell more games and make more profits....they realy dont care about this

paintba||er said:

If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

Censorship = Bad
Exactly.

paintba||er said:

If a kid can't tell the difference between a game and real life, they already have problems. If they are stupid enough to go out and kill someone, they probably would've ended up doing it sometime anyway.

Censorship = Bad

If you were to take this argument one step further you would be calling for movie censorship to be abolished,you would probably use the argument "well its only a film they should know its not real".

How would you feel if you had a 10 year old son/daughter and you found out they had been playing this game at their mates house because his brother left it in the Wii when he went out?
As a father i can tell you you would be gutted.
Take a look at the statistics for the last 10 years how many console games have been banned compared to how many have been released,very few have been banned ,the censors are doing a great job in my view.

Last edited:
Censorship is good, its needed to prevent children from seeing things that are deemed to be unsuitable for them.

Banning things is wrong, regardless of the reason. As an adult I feel I have the right to choose what I want to watch/play. I may not like some of the extreme cinema out there, but at least I should be able to make a choice.

callme.nasty said:
i personally think that whoever thought up the name "Wii" was an idiot. Half of my friends think the system is gay just because of the name. Really, its quite a kiddie name. Revolution would've been much cooler.
You and your friends are obviously kids.. what are you 12?

I personally don't see how Nintendo can be considered kiddy unless it is compared to other systems. But right off the bat not much about Nintendo is really all too kiddy. What makes it kiddy? The use of more vivid colors? The lack of blood/guns? The lack of AO games? Unless you live in a black and white world, just because Nintendo doesn't directly gear towards adults, it doesn't mean it is geared directly for kids. So yeah, Nintendo is "kiddy" compared to Sony and Microsoft, but when it stands alone, nothing about it is really too kiddy. The level of "kiddiness" is relative to other things. Anyway, that's my shpeel.

But it doesn't matter much to me anyway. Wii pwns in my opinion. :)

Back