Rockstar comment on Manhunt ban

What is the Child to Adult ratio to Nintendo owners? Half of you that post here couldnt even get the game without a mommy or daddy that dont know what they are buying. I care less what happens to this game. I think if its bad enough for a country to ban it, then a 10 year old kid shouldnt have it.

jared19 said:
What is the Child to Adult ratio to Nintendo owners? Half of you that post here couldnt even get the game without a mommy or daddy that dont know what they are buying. I care less what happens to this game. I think if its bad enough for a country to ban it, then a 10 year old kid shouldnt have it.
How very condescending for someone that doesn't actually know the ages of the people on here.

The last comment was moot considering a 10 year old shouldn't have it in the first place, whether it's banned or not. It's the fact that over-18's, people with so-called freedom to do what they want are being protected from this kind of content.

It's never even been proven that violent videogames make people violent. It's merely one of those things that gets jumped on the bandwagon.

Squall7 said:
How very condescending for someone that doesn't actually know the ages of the people on here.

The last comment was moot considering a 10 year old shouldn't have it in the first place, whether it's banned or not. It's the fact that over-18's, people with so-called freedom to do what they want are being protected from this kind of content.

It's never even been proven that violent videogames make people violent. It's merely one of those things that gets jumped on the bandwagon.

Ok. Theres a thread about the ages of people on the forum. Go check it out. There are very few over 18.

jared19 said:
Ok. Theres a thread about the ages of people on the forum. Go check it out. There are very few over 18.
Actually, there's quite a few over 18's on there. I know quite a few people on this website that are over 18, possibly not into Manhunt, but over 18 nonetheless. I haven't checked the thread lately, but I know that there was originally quite a few over 18s where I got to.

XwiimasturX said:
wrote a ten page paper on that for english class and i got a 134/135 on it. i was so proud.
On media effects not being provable? What level was it for (High school level, College level, etc...)?

Squall7 said:
Actually, there's quite a few over 18's on there. I know quite a few people on this website that are over 18, possibly not into Manhunt, but over 18 nonetheless. I haven't checked the thread lately, but I know that there was originally quite a few over 18s where I got to.

No sense arguing, it is no concern of him because he is under 18. If he was old enough so it could matter to him, then he would be agreeing with you, so he thinks that there will be no difference whether there is a ban or not, he will not be allowed to play either way. It should matter though, it is about freedom and censorship, and people as young as 6 should know that we have freedoms as adults, and we should all protect that freedom so that WHEN you are old enough, it wont be too late.

LowTek said:
No sense arguing, it is no concern of him because he is under 18. If he was old enough so it could matter to him, then he would be agreeing with you, so he thinks that there will be no difference whether there is a ban or not, he will not be allowed to play either way. It should matter though, it is about freedom and censorship, and people as young as 6 should know that we have freedoms as adults, and we should all protect that freedom so that WHEN you are old enough, it wont be too late.

Im 22. And if you check the forum, 75% are under 18. Theres no sense of having a game AO.

so wait.. im a bit confused with this whole thing. let me try to clear it up for myself..

so manhunt 2 is DEFFINATELY rated AO?
and that means you must be 18 to purchase right?
BUT there would be no point in purchasing because the wii doesnt support AO games? or CAN you play AO games on it? and they just dont support the IDEA of AO games?
and finally, whats the reason for the rating? is it because you can rip off a mans testicles with pliers.. do they actually show the testicles because other than taht there shouldnt be an AO rating on it..

Its obviously a loop hole for companies to trash games that don't fit there "standards" even though most of the games they do release are sub-par. A good way to get rid of a game they don't like is give it a rating that the consoles don't even support and the majority of retail stores don't stock.

Even if a game with one of the actual AO standards (nudity - duke nukem uncensored) is made it won't be stocked unless there is some form of dumbed down version. But you always have to ask yourself, won't they see nudity at some point anyway? Whether they are teens experimenting or on the internet, they will see stuff their parents don't even imagine.

So the whole point is that we are already mostly demoralized, the religious wrong is just fanatic about making other people conform.

SensesFail said:
so wait.. im a bit confused with this whole thing. let me try to clear it up for myself..

so manhunt 2 is DEFFINATELY rated AO?
and that means you must be 18 to purchase right?
BUT there would be no point in purchasing because the wii doesnt support AO games? or CAN you play AO games on it? and they just dont support the IDEA of AO games?
and finally, whats the reason for the rating? is it because you can rip off a mans testicles with pliers.. do they actually show the testicles because other than taht there shouldnt be an AO rating on it..
Actually, you've bought up a good point there. The Wii has parental locks. Even if a kid somehow managed to get hold of a copy, he wouldn't be able to play it without the code. Of course, this only works if the game gets a certificate in the first place...

There's been controls on the recieving end of games, why do we need controls placed on the distribution too?

And finally, if it's such a problem even for 18 year olds, can't they add a new certificate like 21+ or something? They did it with Spiderman... (12A)...

Back