My external drive is corrupt, please assist me.

WiiChat Member
Jun 26, 2016
Israel
I've had an external drive for my :wiiconsole: (wii) for a few years now, a few months ago id made a little error and I went ahead and fixed it.
Lately I have desired to add games to it but unfortunately I have discovered that my computer does not read it well as well as WBFS manager.

I cannot add games or even backup my old ones so that I will erase it and start over.
I also tried to download these games again but they are nowhere to be found on the internet especially in PAL.

If someone has any solution (that isn't giving up) and is willing to lend me a hand I will be vastly obliged.

Edit: The Wii does recognize the drive and launches the games smoothly. That is why I don't wanna format it without backing up first.

Edit 2: Member Reign has helped me out and sent me to a different program then WBFS Manager. it is called "Wii Backup Manager" it did recognize my games, and allowed me to download covers and add more games I have downloaded.
Thanks Reign, seriously thanks.

Last edited:
If you got the console hard disk issues, I recommend you replace it with a newer version. Also, if you need to recover the lost data on your disk, I can recommend you to use some hard disk recovery services like raid recovery service. This service doesn't require any software to download on your device, and you just need an internet connection and a google account to register on-site. If you need help processing the procedure, feel free to reach me via private message.

Last edited:
Back