My Sword Collection (Lots of images!)

Im going to have Sephiroth masamune its not as long but its over 6 feet tall...either then that i got a katana...i train with it every single day

Akaymay said:
I actually get all my swords straight from Japan, I know someone there and he knows a blacksmith, so he just sends them all to me, and I send the requested amount of money back. :lol:
Any chance of a name of him

Darkprinny said:
Any chance of a name of him

Okay, you won't belive this, but his name is Shigeru. He used to work at a Farmer's market a little down the road from me, and he makes bi-monthly (Twice a month) Trips back to his hometown in Japan, and just picks them up for me from one of those ritual blacksmiths. But since he isn't allowed to bring them on the plane, he mails them to me and for some reason, he asks for money send to house in Japan.

ALSO, I forgot to mention, On the Jamacian Hunting knife, I was messing around with it, and ended up cutting off 4 centimeters into my finger...

So just a reminder, this swords are meant for SHOW! Dont tell your parents I told you that you can be deadly with them!!

Sweet collection. I have a few swords. A mini and a large Samurai, a **** load of pocket knives, and a few out of the ordinary weapons.

Akaymay said:
Actually, a lot of those were pretty cheap. Sword collecting is a very inexpensive hobby.

Those arnt swords, those are wall hangers. A good sword is at least 300 to around 5000.

these are sword collectors. I don't want to poo poo you though, Its a good start, but sword collecting is not inexpensive, its VERY expensive.
http://www.myarmoury.com/home.php

Darkprinny said:
Most swords you can buy are rubbish you have to import from Japan to get the best

also not true. Most swords that are good come from India i think well at least windless steel, but the swords you are talking about are around a few grand, from the national treasures of japan (maybe 100 grand). The ones the government pays to make swords, for the sake of keeping the culture and the secrets of sword making alive. They only make 1 or so a year, so its Really expensive. all other swords from japan pritty much suck, although i know their are exceptions. Katanas are not blessed by god though. In fact they were used be sharp and fight unarmed opponents, while longwords are not as sharp, but can take a beating and can strike metal on metal much better the katana, and absorbed the blow through bending and springing.

They are just different, and used for different purposes, but no matter how good the sword is, if you don't hit it on the primary (or was it secondary) node, it may damage the sword

I would be worried about using a cheap sword, Those probably shatter and imbed in your chest, like that qvc guy.

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:
also not true. Most swords that are good come from India i think well at least windless steel, but the swords you are talking about are around a few grand, from the national treasures of japan (maybe 100 grand). The ones the government pays to make swords, for the sake of keeping the culture and the secrets of sword making alive. They only make 1 or so a year, so its Really expensive. all other swords from japan pritty much suck, although i know their are exceptions. Katanas are not blessed by god though. In fact they were used be sharp and fight unarmed opponents, while longwords are not as sharp, but can take a beating and can strike metal on metal much better the katana, and absorbed the blow through bending and springing.

They are just different, and used for different purposes, but no matter how good the sword is, if you don't hit it on the primary (or was it secondary) node, it may damage the sword

I would be worried about using a cheap sword, Those probably shatter and imbed in your chest, like that qvc guy.

Uhm, but how many times are you going out and killing people with your sword? Because if you are, remind me not to come to your area. :crazy:

Meh I have a kenshin approch to swords
nokilling
but since its illeagel to carry one and train with one outside all my training is for nothing

Darkprinny said:
Meh I have a kenshin approch to swords
nokilling
but since its illeagel to carry one and train with one outside all my training is for nothing

Would you really want to carry a sword around with you though? I mena, using that in a fist fight would be pretty messed up... but very entertaining none the less. If you do, please tape and youtube it. :p

Darkprinny said:
Meh I have a kenshin approach to swords
nokilling

very true, its not really about if its sharp, Thats why i think a katana is a poor choice for a unsharpened blade, as its meant to be sharp, and cut flash, while a longsword is ment to bash armor (and flesh, just not as good as a katana) A longsword can still work very well and not break if its unsharpened. Btw when i said unarmed (in my prev post), i ment unarmered (sometimes lightly armered).

Dont worry ABC, i dont have any really good swords yet, well not untill i get job, then i'm going to get the kind of sword with the garentee you can hit a bus and it wont even nick..... the buss on the other hand will have seen better days.

Last edited:
White-Wolf said:
Dont worry ABC, i dont have any really good swords yet, well not untill i get job, then i'm going to get the kind of sword with the garentee you can hit a bus and it wont even nick..... the buss on the other hand will have seen better days.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Good stuf, good stuff.

ABC said:
Would you really want to carry a sword around with you though? I mena, using that in a fist fight would be pretty messed up... but very entertaining none the less. If you do, please tape and youtube it. :p
Id love to to bring a bit of law to the streets

but with a bullet proff vest

Darkprinny said:
Id love to to bring a bit of law to the streets

but with a bullet proff vest

:lol: Yeah, it would be kind of hard messin' someone up with a sword when they are shooting art you with an illegal 45.

unless i go matrix on the arse
sod it
ill just go el wardo on them

Back