my wii will not turn off

Baseball

WiiChat Member
Sep 15, 2007
Ok both controllers are completely charged but when i push the power button on the remote the wii will not shut off. I also tried to turn off the console by trying hitting the power button on the console but that also does not work. What do i need to do?

hmmm, sounds like this could be a problem with the remote, you could always try and ***** at nintendo

ways to turn off wii

1.tap the power button
2.hold the power button the light turns orange on the wii
3.unplug it
4.throw it out of your appartment window

Waring:#4 IS ONLY USED WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO EVER PLAY IT AGAIN

icyoooppplaa said:
ways to turn off wii

1.tap the power button
3.unplug it

Thorws it out the window

Bounces back

DAMN DOUBLE GLAZING

icyoooppplaa said:
ways to turn off wii

1.tap the power button
3.unplug it

You missed out:

5. Yell at it

Baseball said:
Ok both controllers are completely charged but when i push the power button on the remote the wii will not shut off. I also tried to turn off the console by trying hitting the power button on the console but that also does not work. What do i need to do?

Hold the power button down for about 10 seconds until the light turns to red.

Then restart

looks like your wii might have some power management problems looks like you gotta send it in for repair.

I had a problem in which my Wii wouldn't turn on at all. I unplugged the power supply and put it in a cool place, it wasn't hot, but that fixed it after a week of thinking it was broken. Never failed me since.

The end.

if you just tap the power button does it turn it off or just put it on standby? Im confused with the lights and just tend to hold the thing down till it turns Red. Stupid battery used controllers...thank god they came out with the standby modes for them..

77punk said:
if you just tap the power button does it turn it off or just put it on standby? Im confused with the lights and just tend to hold the thing down till it turns Red. Stupid battery used controllers...thank god they came out with the standby modes for them..

Quick press to orange light - standby mode (assuming you have WiiConnect24 active).

Long press - all the way off (even if you have WiiConnect24 set to be on, it will be off until you turn on the Wii again).

This should all be covered in the manual.

Baseball said:

Make sure you sync your remotes to your Wii using the orange button method (press the orange button in the remote's battery compartment, then press the orange button behind the SD card slot door). Only remotes synced with this method can turn your Wii off and on.

If you've only done the temporary sync (syncing them throught the remote settings screen), then that remote cannot turn off or on your Wii.

However, this doesn't explain why the button on your Wii itself doesn't work.

Mine doesnt completely shut off either, just standby.

is there a way turn the wii off completely? as in no lights at all. apart from turning it off at the mains i cant seem to do it

Back