Name your most under rated/over rated games ever.

Over rated
GTA
Halo 2.

the originals of each of those games were great, ish, ... but then they just milked the name for every bit of money they could get, and still are doing. I got bored with halo 2 and didnt finish it, same with every GTA since london.

Underrated:
Diddy Kong Racing.
Quest 64

Diddy Kong Racing is still my favorite game ever made. I played it so much my bloody cart ended up breaking. I constantly had friends over and we were playing that (and some SSB). Excite Truck *might* change that, we'll see.

Quest 64 was an awesome game, and I hope it comes out for the VC. It was simple, and it worked. The battle system was a bit tedious at first, but it becomes the main reason you want to keep playing later on. I still have memories about this game. Good memories.

I know LoZ: OoT was a good game, but I could never bring myself to play it all the way through. I got out of the forest, went to the freaking farm and pretty well stopped playing around there. Nothing about it really said "Hey try this, it looks like fun!" to me after that point..

MaXiMiUS said:
Underrated:
Quest 64
I completely forgot about that game it was awesome althouhg the combat system was a bit strange to begin with it was still very creative. It was all great to have another adventure to play after I'd beaten OoT

OverRated:

Fifa to an Extent though they ARE good one comes out each year. Abit pointless.

UnderRated:

Crash Bash lol (That game Rocked)

xD After that it went poopy though

legacy of kain blood omen was underrated
wind waker was underrated for a zelda game

Link_ said:
legacy of kain blood omen was underrated
wind waker was underrated for a zelda game

Blood Omen one or two? two was unfinished but undoubtedly the coolest idea for a vamp game EVER! I never really got into the first one though

Overrated:

Halo series
Metal Gear Solid 2
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X-2
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Half-Life series
The Getaway (GTA without the fun)
Donkey Kong Country
Manhunt
Every WW2 FPS (or at least the ones I've played)

Underrated:

Jet Set Radio series
Beyond Good and Evil
Rez
Zombies Ate My Neighbours

Overated:
World of Warcraft
Half Life

Underated:
Starcraft
Mafia

Back