Need help with component cable.. My screen shakes like crazy(Pix Included)

Mamagochi

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2007
I have plugged the component cable wit my Wii.

Right after i chnanged it to 480p, the screen is shaking like crazy..

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 360
That happened with my tv when I tried to make it 480p (my tv is an ordinary tube) and it didnt work because the tv could only display 480i. Your pic looks exactly like my tv when i tried to do 480p. Are you sure your tv can do 480p? Some tube tvs have component connections but can't do 480p.

how do i check that??

They have the component connection in the back..Y, Pb, Pr ....

What type of tv do you have? LCD, Plasma, tube, etc.
If its tube, you most likely cant do 480p (only some tube tvs can do 480p, its pretty rare actually). But even if you have a tube tv, the component cables make a good difference, even in 480i. Makes everything sharper, better colors, etc.

It's a sony. Tube.

......man..why did they have the component connection on the back...*sigh..so mine tv can't use compnent connection?

No no--it can use component for video, it just can't display in 480p. Nothing to worry about. Component video is the highest quality picture you'll get out of a 480i tube like yours. Trust me its better than using the standard cables.

But if you really want 480p, the price range is like $250-$1000 for a 480p tv, depending on how big you want it.

yea..i think they just support 480i, i just checked..
well..do you think S video will make a difference?

Mamagochi said:
yea..i think they just support 480i, i just checked..
well..do you think S video will make a difference?
Stick with the component. It's better quality than s-video.

rgf942 said:
Stick with the component. It's better quality than s-video.

....Crap..my tv wont support 480p...*sigh..gong to stick wit hthe composite one for a while..

Mamagochi said:
....Crap..my tv wont support 480p...*sigh..gong to stick wit hthe composite one for a while..
Noooooo! Composite is worse than component and s-video! Just keep the component cables, theyre WAY better.

rgf942 said:
Noooooo! Composite is worse than component and s-video! Just keep the component cables, theyre WAY better.

do you have a comparison of S-video and composite??

I have an old sony WEGA tube TV. it doesnt support 480p technicaly. My tv cheats and when in 16:9 mode it doesnt draw the black bars on top and bottom and instead uses the extra scan lines to draw in a type of progressive mode. Give it a shot. You still have to leave the Wii In 480i however.

Goots said:
Can't you still use the component cables but in 480i mode ?

Don't know if this is possible but it seems the obvious thing to do.

well..what does it really do?? does it improve graphic ?? even without choosing 480p

Back