Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Hello,

I seem to have the most stupid problem ever... I have a router and a wireless network. I do not seem to have any problem understanding the procedure. My problem is that when I get to this screen:

http://support.2wire.com/view/141/wii-menu13.png

I can't enter my WEP key code because the keyboard is the same than the one I see above with the exception that it doesn't have any digit!!?!???!!!! It's driving me crazy!

I bought my Wii almost two years ago. I search on the web and in the forums here but couldn't find anything. I must not be the only one?! Can anyone help?

Thank you.

ETA: I found the solution. My Wii is set up in French; as a result, when I click on the up or down arrow, I do not immediately see the digits on the onscreen keyboard, but I get all the French accented characters instead; I have to click more than one time on the arrows to switch keyboard.

That didn't solve the connection problem - now I get one error code after the other, but I'm going to try to sort this out tomorrow. It seems that a network class is required to connect the Wii to the Internet!

Last edited:
I am going crazy. I received a Wii for Christmas and I for the life of me cannot connect it to my router. I am able to find my router and everything and when I put in the passcode everything is fine but when I go to run a connection test I keep getting the same error message telling me it cannot connect to the router and to consult the user manual. It is really starting to frustrate me. Please help!

Problems with connecting my Wii wirelessly.

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

I am trying to connect my Wii to the internet via my wireless router.

My setup is as follows:
  • My router is a BSkyB DG934G
  • I am running WEP
  • Access control turned off but would like to have it turned on in the end.
  • The router is approx 5-6 m away from the Wii
  • I have two wireless laptops that can access the internet fine.
The wii is setup as follows:
  • Wireless connection (with correct SSID)
  • WEP with hex WEP key
  • Auto obtained IP address -yes (cant find "device name" for the Wii)
  • Auto obtain DNS -yes
  • Proxy server - dont use
  • MTU value - 1500
When testing the connection iget the 51330 error code.

I have tried numerous things and keep getting the same error so far.

please help

Wii Internet Connection

I have a few questions...

What is SSID?
How do I know the type of security? I think it's WEP...
I believe Auto Obtain IP and DNS are both yes... right?
What's the Proxy Server? I think I say Don't use?
What is MTU value?

I'd like to get online but am having a few issues with these.
Thanks for any help!
Phizz50677

I have a few questions...

What is SSID?
How do I know the type of security? I think it's WEP...
I believe Auto Obtain IP and DNS are both yes... right?
What's the Proxy Server? I think I say Don't use?
What is MTU value?

I'd like to get online but am having a few issues with these.
Thanks for any help!
Phizz50677
Your SSID is your network username kinda.. usually given with your router... um the security should also be stated on your router.. the type of security your router uses depends on your internet service provider so if you cant find it on your router then ask your internet providers. tbh I dont know much all I know is I searched for the acces point input the password and away I was...

Hi we just got the wii and luv it.

Want to go on line but need help.
I have a belkin N+ wireless router. Should I use the wireless connection or hard wire with a cabel. the wii is only about 15 feet away from the router.

If you have any questions on how to get your wii onlineline then ask me. I will be glad to answer them.:thumbsup:

I am trying to connect my Wii to the internet via my wireless router.

My setup is as follows:
  • My router is a BSkyB DG934G
  • I am running WEP
  • Access control turned off but would like to have it turned on in the end.
  • The router is approx 5-6 m away from the Wii
  • I have two wireless laptops that can access the internet fine.
The wii is setup as follows:
  • Wireless connection (with correct SSID)
  • WEP with hex WEP key
  • Auto obtained IP address -yes (cant find "device name" for the Wii)
  • Auto obtain DNS -yes
  • Proxy server - dont use
  • MTU value - 1500
When testing the connection iget the 51330 error code.

I have tried numerous things and keep getting the same error so far.

please help

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51330&system=Wii&locale=en_US

Read this. If none of that works try moving your router closer to your wii or vice-versa.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=52030&system=Wii&locale=en_US

Again same thing but slightly different problem.

Can't connect-error 32002

I searched for an hour on different threads and couldn't find my exact problem!

My son got a Wii from Santa. I have a Netgear wireless router, WGR614. I had no problem connecting and getting the weather and news, but when I try to update the Wii, it says it can't upload and gets me the Error 32002.

When I check the router, it says its connected to the Wii, and since I can get the weather and news, whats the problem??????

Frustrated in Florida

(My 9 year old son is about to kill me)

I am now connected to the internet thanks to the first guide listed above.
The issue was with the WEP key that i was using.
I am now using the first of the four possible hexadecimal keys, which is the onw that the Wii uses

online help

Hello, I really need some help. Got my wii online for the first time this morning and it worked fine but when I came back to it this evening I couldn get online. I was told there was no connection and to consult the user manual.

It's probably your broadband connection. If you've connected through a router, try restarting the router and then doing a connection test on the wii.

Back