Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Thaanks :D

I may just wait until the router is set up, but I really want to play now! How is games online? :mushroomlife:

Yeah with the router wirelessly you don't need any adapter, so yeah it best just to wait. Your router is wireless right?

Online games are quite good, best one is probs mario kart wii and super smash bros brawl although brawl is quite laggy at times. Another great thing is that you can download games from the shop channel that were previously released on older consoles or new games on wiiware. The downloadable games require points to be bought of course though.

Hi, I'm just getting started with my new Wii system and need help in connecting to the WEB. I'm connected to the Web through ComCast.net, the cable line hooks to their cable box and on to my tv.
A second line is connected to our computer in a different room through a modem. the distance from one to the other is about 35 feet.
Do I need a wireless router to make this work ?:lovewii: Thanks so much.
Kindest regards Tom

I see, I have a day off, see if I can set it up myself :D

How did you get on with that?

Hi, I'm just getting started with my new Wii system and need help in connecting to the WEB. I'm connected to the Web through ComCast.net, the cable line hooks to their cable box and on to my tv.
A second line is connected to our computer in a different room through a modem. the distance from one to the other is about 35 feet.
Do I need a wireless router to make this work ?:lovewii: Thanks so much.
Kindest regards Tom

It sounds like you will require a router and most routers nowadays have both wired and wireless functions available. However for a wired connection to a wii you require a Lan adapter also.

Last edited:
I am having problems.
Everytime I get on Basic Brawl,I'm on practice stage, but It comes up saying,"You been disconnected during Transmission".I got this Error code 84020.

I've been having a message when I click the Wii shop channel, it says:

"the wii shop channel is not currently available in your region"

Any help?

I've been having a message when I click the Wii shop channel, it says:

"the wii shop channel is not currently available in your region"

Any help?

Hi!
My name is Andreea and let me to explain how do you solve this:

In Wii Settings select Country section.
Here change your curent location with United Kingdom.
The same change set in Language / English.
Thank you.

I have a router D link, I was able to connect the wii to internet with it for about 10 minutes and after that nothing to do the wii won't connect to internet even if it found the connection. Plus, the router keep deconnecting my internet so is there other way to connect the wii to internet whitout a router? I have internet with cable high speed videotron. I've heard of the nintendo wi fi usb and the wii lan cable? I don't know how they works and if they works.

please answer me on my email [email protected]

thanks for help!

hi,
we just (finally!) got our wii and i'm trying to set up the wired internet connection. goes through the setup test fine, checks for updates fine, and allows us to play mario kart online multi-player fine, but when we try to do anything else (wii connect 24, accept user agreements to use channels) it gives error code 220602. everything i find on that error is for wireless connections.
we use a linksys BEFSR41 v 4.3 router and netgear DM111P v2 modem w/ verizon dsl. i think i've opened all the suggested ports (28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, 443) on the router and with our firewall. i've used auto detect settings and manually set the settings on the wii to match what i get in ipconfig - same 220602 both ways.
i'm out of ideas and any help would be much appreciated!
thanks,
sarah

ps. you can answer here or via email [email protected]

nvm wii customer service actually was able to help me through it - if anyone else searches for this and needs an answer, trying keeping all the settings in wii at auto detect except the dns servers. he had me use the 2nd off the list in ipconfig as the primary and then my default gateway as the secondary and viola!
also, he attributed this error to our old router (which it is!) so if you have this issue w/ an old wired router, you may want to update to a new wireless one.

Update problem, Im connected to the internet but i cant get the latest update ive tried everything i get two errors 32007 or 32004, any suggestions.

Back