Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Hey pro gamer. Can you tell me, are people out there in the online worlf of Wii cheating? I have been playing MOH 2 and some I can kill and others I just shoot and shoot and shoot and they just stand there, like I'm not even there. Then, they turn and shoot me dead on one or two shots. What's up with that?

It probably has to do with the connections. I never played online. but i will once I get SSBB. And I will be unstopable! muahahahaha!:lol:

Thanks. I don't see any lagging though. Everything seems to be moving properly. In one game, I'll shoot several people, no problem, then all of a sudden some guy shows up who can't seem to be shot. Respawn..... same guy, same problem etc.

Thanks again.

He probably has better connection.

I have a question, Pro gamer. What I have is a NON wireless router and a NON wireless modem, the ethernet cable is technically hooked up to my sisters computer, where I am leeching the internet through a wall and into the back of my computer via one of those blue internet cables.

My question is (since I don't have wireless) what product/cable do I need to buy to get Brawl working on line? My buddies told me that I need to purchase some adapter if I don't have wireless, but I have yet to find such a product.

If you wouldn't mind, could you find me a link to a product that I need?

Badgertoot said:
I have a question, Pro gamer. What I have is a NON wireless router and a NON wireless modem, the ethernet cable is technically hooked up to my sisters computer, where I am leeching the internet through a wall and into the back of my computer via one of those blue internet cables.

My question is (since I don't have wireless) what product/cable do I need to buy to get Brawl working on line? My buddies told me that I need to purchase some adapter if I don't have wireless, but I have yet to find such a product.

If you wouldn't mind, could you find me a link to a product that I need?
You don't need wireless to get online. If you've got a wired connection, all you need is the USB LAN adapter for the Wii.

There are several manufacturers:
http://www.colordrives.com/wii-network-cable.html
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MXDT80
http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=17881
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=861132

Blame Nintendo for bastardizing the usage of "wifi" instead of "online". They're trying to make wifi=online when it doesn't.

I have a USB to Ethernet adapter compatable with Wii, but I was wondering, do I actually have to get like a wired router LAN thing? I'm kind of a noob at this so I thought I could just shoot an ethernet cable directly from my modem to the adapter to the Wii, but it didn't work.

did you reboot the modem? sometimes it want's to check a new mac address of what's connected to it

don't ask what a mac is

I shouldn't have said "modem". Let me be more accurate, I'm in a dorm, and there is a box on the wall with two ethernet plugins. I just used my adapter to stick my Wii into that. Should I get a router, plug it into the wall, and then do it? I just didn't know if that would solve things, or if it just wasn't gonna work.
The error is 52220.

Last edited:
Ronis said:
I shouldn't have said "modem". Let me be more accurate, I'm in a dorm, and there is a box on the wall with two ethernet plugins. I just used my adapter to stick my Wii into that. Should I get a router, plug it into the wall, and then do it? I just didn't know if that would solve things, or if it just wasn't gonna work.
In that situation you shouldn't need a router.

Using correct terminology is critical for you to get accurate, efficient help.

The error is 52220.
http://www.wiierrorcodes.com/

I checked out the error code. It appears to be a problem with the security settings of my ISP, which is the school. Not sure how to get around that unless I can somehow send internet to the Wii through my computer that is securely logged onto the internet.

Ok. I purchased the USB wifi adaptor this morning. Got home and when halfway through it said Internet Sharing Error (6). I have read the post below about going onto your internet options and ticking all the boxes which i have done. I have tried again but still it comes up. What do i need to do?

I have Windows Vista so naturally i went onto the nintendo website and downloaded v1.06.

Someone please help :(

ScottDave said:
Ok. I purchased the USB wifi adaptor this morning. Got home and when halfway through it said Internet Sharing Error (6). I have read the post below about going onto your internet options and ticking all the boxes which i have done. I have tried again but still it comes up. What do i need to do?

I have Windows Vista so naturally i went onto the nintendo website and downloaded v1.06.

Someone please help :(
you should get the lan adapter. it works for me.

Back