New Channels

Whoops

WiiChat Member
Sep 15, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
5231-0127-5051-6215
Is there any new Wii Channels planning on being released soon?

-Check Mii Out Channel (Confirmed)

Its also been rumored that with the permanent deletion of the Nsider forums will come a (for lack of a better phrase) Forum Channel.

Many are also hoping for a demo channel and a music channel, but nothing has been said about these.

The "Check Mii Out" channel is supposed to be out one of these days, no date has been announced. Other than that, who knows.

Yeah, like said before, Check Mii Out channel is probably coming out which includes looking at Miis created all over your nation, and there is said to be a suprise in september.

It would be cool if they made some sort of channel or at least put up some sort of channel where you could download new skins or something that would be cool

I'm guessing there will be a few more channels because there are so many spaces available on the wii menu lol(prob mostly for vc though). but levesque basically summed it all up

Whoops: Funny you say that, because WiiLoaded just had a topic about it the other day.

They were discussing how much money and free advertising Nintendo could make while doing this. They could sell skins of Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or just a regular skin, and sell them on the WiiShop Channel for like 500 points.

I've heard of free advertising, but I've never heard of being paid to advertise. Quite frankly, its a win/win situation that I suspect Nintendo will put into action fairly soon.

I don't think that this has been confirmed, but most members suspect that a Demo Channel may be in the works. A channel to check out games from smaller, less known developers.

so to sum up this thread, we dont know how many channels are coming out, but we do know one will be available which is great, we dont know if there will be a price on them but hopefully not or maybe just pretty cheap, we'll just have to wait and see!

They need a High Scores channel so there can be some sort of multiplayer component for people to compete with one another.

:yesnod: the miicontest channel is comming out in September, probably this friday in Europe my source is the Nintendo magazine

^"Check Mii Out"

And if you could post the excerpt from the mag, it'd be appreciated, because I get the ONM and I didn't see that they had announced it would be out in September.

If this guy is right than apparently that is the surprise, guys.

Thats kinda lame...it seems like most people have gotten their kicks out of the miis already for the most part. There are already plenty of websites with mii uploading and rating and there have been plenty of contests. I think the checkmiiout would have been way better if it was released closer to launch...

Back