New Iguana Images and Video Released from The Amazing Spider-Man

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-picture9802-amazing-spiderman.JPG
[FONT=&amp]Okay web-slingers, Activision has just released a new video and new screenshots featuring Iguana from its forthcoming The Amazing Spider-Man. The video is an absolute cracker, and the game certainly looks stunning. Normally at this point I’d have to write something about “of course we know the Wii version won’t look quite as good as this, blah, blah etc…” but seeing as there’s always the possibility that the game could be released on the Wii U as well as the Wii, for once we can feast our eyes on the visual delights and not hold back on the excitement. Activision has not yet confirmed that The Amazing Spider-Man will be appearing on Wii U as well as Wii (which it is confirmed for), but there’s no harm in hoping, is there?! [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The game is due to launch this summer, to coincide with the release of the feature film of the same name, with the storyline serving as an epilogue that occurs after the events of the movie. Gameplay features free-roaming web-slinging all over the vast city, complete with evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, with the newly anointed Spider-Man on a mission to protect Manhattan from a variety of criminals. The new Web Rush mechanic enables the player to pull off a vast array of moves never before possible, with the player feeling what it’s like to be an acrobatic Super Hero. Looks absolutely awesome![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[video=youtube;0nqwZ2CHOLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0nqwZ2CHOLc[/video]​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Activision [/FONT]

Grand Theft Auto + Spider-Man = this?

I'm definitely curious how it'l stack up to Arkham City; we all know they'l get compared. Regardless of that, it's good to hear the story is an epilogue to the movie. We all also know that 99% of games to directly follow a movie/TV show/whatever-sort-of-media's story fail miserably. Leaving the story open enough to be developed specifically with game play in mind is damn-well important for the quality of a franchise related game, I'd say.

In other words, I'm interested.

Back