New Zelda Aims for Easier Controls, Big Surprises

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000

Hurry up dammit.

Miyamoto surprisingly clarifies neither

There's still a sleepless four weeks between us and the new Zelda game for Wii, set to be unveiled at E3. We don't know what it'll look, sound or play like, but a recent interview with Shigeru Miyamoto has revealed it should control more simply than previous Link outings.
For us, it is important to the to optimise gameplay and make the controls easier. We do our best to make the controls player friendly, since Zelda has become complicated.
Presumably the inclusion of MotionPlus will go a long way to simplifying these controls: what could be more intuitive than swinging your sword around to slice up some Octoroks?

Miyamoto also continued to tease the "big surprise" between the title that has speculators guessing everything from a first-person adventure to a futuristic Zelda and everything in between.
For us, two things are important: to meet expectations and to surprise people. How we do it this time, I will not reveal.
Hopefully the two aren't mutually exclusive, but we look forward to having our expectations met and our people surprised when Nintendo hopefully makes the big reveal on June 15th. Expect as-it-happens coverage from Nintendo Life that day so keep it locked here to find out as soon as this one's unveiled.

Via vg247.com

I'm not against the classic zeldas. Im saying that they shouldn't do the same thing they did in metroid: other m, where they mixed the 2d metroid style with the prime series. You end up switching to fps view by using only the wii remote.

The classics are great, but putting retro with the modern together might not be a good idea.

This better not be a retro zelda game.

Miyamoto of Nintendo said the game will offer surprises. The same guy/company who surprised us with the Wii Remote and a dual screen handheld with a touch interface.

Now ask yourself,

Does this really surprise you?:

legend_of_zelda_nes.png

Miyamoto of Nintendo said the game will offer surprises. The same guy/company who surprised us with the Wii Remote and a dual screen handheld with a touch interface.

Now ask yourself,

legend_of_zelda_nes.png

What do you have against the Classic Zelda? If you don't have anything against it, then why did you write that? If it wee for the original legend of Zelda game NEWS FLASH there wouldn't a Zelda game at all, the Zelda Team took a chance in the 80's by creating Zelda and Link-Epic WIN.

Of course they were probably listening to the song "Take a change on me"

Last edited:

Now ask yourself,

legend_of_zelda_nes.png

What do you have against the Classic Zelda? If you don't have anything against it, then why did you write that? If it wee for the original legend of Zelda game NEWS FLASH there wouldn't a Zelda game at all, the Zelda Team took a chance in the 80's by creating Zelda and Link-Epic WIN.

Of course they were probably listening to the song "Take a change on me"

Ooookay? What DO I have against the original Zelda?? You tell me Mr. Assumption.

Also there would be no such thing as game saves or long adventure games/RPGs such as Dragon Age or any campaign mode alone.

Also there would be no such thing as game saves or long adventure games/RPGs such as Dragon Age or any campaign mode alone.

There was game saving before Zelda.
There was also RPGs long before Zelda (Zelda isnt a RPG)

There was game saving before Zelda.
There was also RPGs long before Zelda (Zelda isnt a RPG)

I never said Zelda was an RPG.

Anyways it is my understanding that Nintendo wanted to make Zelda a super long adventure, in order for them to do that they had to create a battery-backed memory device for the cartridge which would make it the first game to allow great lenght due to its ability to save and play later.

Which games saved before this? I'm curious.

Hmmm. No replies yet?

according to Wikipedia:

"The MMC could use bank-switching, allowing larger games than had been previously possible. They also allowed for battery-powered RAM, which let players save progress for the first time on any system or game."

Which confirms my statement on why any long game whether it be an RPG or Call of Duty campaign should take a bow to The Legend of Zelda.

Back