Nintendo 512

@Skippy,

N64 - 64Mb (Mega bit) 4MB/8MB RAM (8MB RAM was the Expansion Pak sold with seperatly or came with DK64, possibly Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask). No, N64 was named after the Mb not MB RAM, however, RAM is becoming increasingly higher than Mb put into technology now. What are you correcting, Skippy? I said that (except for RAM, but didn't mention the 8MB ExPak).

@Skippy,

N64 - 64Mb (Mega bit) 4MB/8MB RAM (8MB RAM was the Expansion Pak sold with seperatly or came with DK64, possibly Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask). No, N64 was named after the Mb not MB RAM, however, RAM is becoming increasingly higher than Mb put into technology now. What are you correcting, Skippy? I said that (except for RAM, but didn't mention the 8MB ExPak).

No, a processor is not referred to as any number of megabits. When talking computer architecture, the number of bits a processor is refers to how many bits each data unit, or word, is wide.

Basically this impact how much data can be processed in each clock cycle, how much memory can be addressed, and other things deeply internal to the processor itself. The end result, is that you get a more powerful processor.

So the Nintendo 64 has a 64-bit processor, not a 64Mb processor (which is nonsensical - it's like saying a tree is blue years old).

More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit

Your right, N64 is a 64-bit. But the tree is blue, it's is gonna hit you, Mb exists and it's the truth. Point being I misreferred N64 as an 64-Mb (which Mb exists). I can't wait for the all new Nintendo 512Mb, CORRECTION, 512-bit Café console (FAKE NAME! NO POSTS WIIASSASSIN!).

Your right, N64 is a 64-bit. But the tree is blue, it's is gonna hit you, Mb exists and it's the truth. Point being I misreferred N64 as an 64-Mb (which Mb exists). I can't wait for the all new Nintendo 512Mb, CORRECTION, 512-bit Café console (FAKE NAME! NO POSTS WIIASSASSIN!).

I'm not saying "Mb" doesn't exist - it's a measurement of number of bits, it's just not how processors are referred to as being.

And there are no 512-bit processors.

"I Can't Wait" for a 512-bit system. Meaning I would like to see a 512-bit, like said, however they do not exist.

Back