Nintendo dismisses Mario Kart rumours

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
Nintendo has told Eurogamer the latest rumours to emerge about Mario Kart Wii are nothing more than speculation.

As reported by Aussie-Nintendo, Nmag Gamepro magazine claims the game will feature 32 courses - half of which will be brand new, half old favourites.

The mag also claims Baby Peach and Boo will appear as drivers, snaking will make a comeback, Battle mode will be playable online and the controls will be similar to those in Excite Truck.

Or not. According to a spokesperson, "Nintendo has not announced any further information on Mario Kart. We've spoken to the magazine and it's just pure rumour and speculation on their part."

So what do we know about MK Wii? It'll work with the new Wii steering wheel, and up to 12 players will be able to race online. Plus it's got motorbikes. For more info, visit the gamepage. Mario Kart Wii is due out in the first half of this year.

lol owned.
http://www.wiichat.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=4

Well. Is this good or bad because it doesnt really make much of a difference with these rumors does it?

Its good to me because nothing has been confirmed, allows for more surprises for me when I get the game. Although I am sure it will be spoiled some other time down the road :lol:

damn!! the conformation of snaking once again eludes me

I want online battles, its the only thing im really good at:mad5:
Does anyone know if there be any online split screen (2,3,4 players one console?)

jjrules352 said:
I want online battles, its the only thing im really good at:mad5:
Does anyone know if there be any online split screen (2,3,4 players one console?)

Online battle mode is probably the only reason I'd get the game.

w00t no snaking yet! :p Hey as long they dont confirm it im happy. Until I see it did make it into the game :p

I'm actually not going to believe this statement. I think the info Nmag released was legit. They probably just weren't supposed to release it quite yet. I'll wait for different confirmation but that's my stance as of right now.

nic7 said:
I'm actually not going to believe this statement. I think the info Nmag released was legit. They probably just weren't supposed to release it quite yet. I'll wait for different confirmation but that's my stance as of right now.

why would u be in denial when the company that made the game is saying that they are only rumours?

Because they've done this before. I mean, it's not like it was ground breaking info anyway.. I'm just saying.. let's wait.

No snaking confirmed, thank goodness. I just hope it stays that way. Too bad they added motorbikes...I'm not excited about that.

Are you sure? Because a lot of website still say that! Would be amazing if it was a joke! Im not waiting for those crazy animals!

Back