Status
Not open for further replies.

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
"If all our games mirror games like Wii Sports or Wii Fit, our gamers would soon grow bored," said Iwata, in a recent interview published to Wii.com. Masahiro Sakurai, the creative force behind Kirby and Super Smash Bros., quickly agreed with Iwata.

Despite Nintendo's dominant popularity since Wii's release in November 2006, many long-time gamers have expressed concern that the added focus on mainstream consumers comes at the expense of fewer traditional games.

Nintendo on Thursday said its profits have doubled over the previous year, thanks to Wii's broad appeal. According to estimates, the company has sold 20 million Wiis worldwide, followed by 16.6 million Xbox 360s, and 9.4 million PS3s.

seriously, its about time the finally admit it.

source

holy crap im slow, thats twice today.

alright, pardon my inconvinience.....AGAIN

lock

once more

I don't think they were referring to casual games specifically. It sounds to me like they meant that if they pumped out lots and lots of the same type of game - regardless of what type that is - people would grow bored of them. For instance, if they brought out nothing but racing games like Mario Kart, or fighting games like Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back