No More Heroes Gameplay Video and Details

iOwnage said:
I havent heard much about this game. What is it about?
It's about a guy running around with a lightsaber ("beam sword")

It looks pretty good but it looks like most of the game is kill X amount of enemies in X amount of time.

Yeah the Japan and Europe versions have blood exchanged for fading black dots or something, seems lame to me.

Jake196 said:
It's about a guy running around with a lightsaber ("beam sword")

It looks pretty good but it looks like most of the game is kill X amount of enemies in X amount of time.

Honestly its more than just that though, and you don't have a time limit to kill the enemies or nothing. You ride around on your sweet looking bike, and can do side-missions and etc.

Main thing of the game is your an assassin or one in training, and you want to become one after watching this cool ad on tv. So you go around and kill people around town, do side missions and get money to fight the higher ranked assassins. Some of the side missions include collecting coconuts and mowing lawns wacky ways of using the Wii's controls.

You can upgrade your weapon, pet your cat, collect anime figurines, watch wrestling videos to learn new holds and tosses for when you fight. Which makes for good fighting, as its not entirely about using your Katana (Sword). Although when you do use it, its great because you use it for more than just hitting your opponents straight up. You can deflect their attacks (Baseballs and Bullets) by swinging the Sword.

And obviously theres more, just not all the info is released which is understandable. But its more than just killing people, much more.

jimbo said:
thanks for video. looks great and seen some new stuff)

anyone know what the slot machine thing is when you kill poeople.??

Slots come up when your fighting sometimes, if you match them all up he goes into a darker mode when fighting. Sounds interesting to me.

trisyyy said:
from nintendo power magazine, it says when you go on his toilet in his room, it makes the save window pop up... weird.

Yes, I already mentioned this if you read the first post a little better.

This game has been on my list for a while now...I'm pretty pissed about the Europe version being less gory though, the American one isn't even gory due to the graphical style of the game. RE4 was probably just as bad, given that it's realistic.

yeah but sitting on the toilet and bringing up the save screen freaks me out.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :nono::nono::nono:

The whole point was to add comedic value to the game. Which is why his name is Travis Touchdown and he lives in San Destroy, California.

As well as the names of the places in town named after things related to wrestling etc.

Can't wait :D

Another thing to mention..use your Wiimote as a cellphone..hold it up to your ear etc. So many odds and ends.

This + Brawl is going to equal for some sweet times.

T3kNi9e said:
Wii to ear is gay. Motion sensors are cool, but pushing it to far gets cheesy.

Well you don't have to do it then, sheez :lol:

Its just there for those (me) that do want to.
Might as well.

Back