Offical Punchout thread

hmmmm, anyone know of a link to all the GigaMac controls? (other than the ones in the book) such as his star moves? You can do different moves when gigamac builds stars (I think). I dont have anyone to play with for a while and find out for myself.

Commands for Little Mac:
  • Right Hook: Swing the Wii Remote
  • Left Hook: Swing the Nunchuck
  • Jab: Swing the Nunchuck while holding up on the control stick.
  • Over head: Swing the Wii Remote while holding up on the control stick.
  • Star punch: Swing the Wii Remote or while holding down the A button.
  • Dodge Left: Move the control stick left.
  • Dodge Right: Move the control stick to the right.
Defend and counter your opponent’s punches to earn Giga Mac Juice. With enough Giga Mac Juice, you will transform into Giga Mac.

Special Commands for Giga Mac:
  • Star Taunt: Move the control stick left.
  • Time Taunt: Move the control stick to the right.
  • Charge Punch Right: Hold the B button
  • Charge punch Left: Hold the Z button.
Via Gamestop

A secret character vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdmus-SSilw

Id prefer another Nintendo character to lace up his gloves over him

A secret character vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdmus-SSilw

Id prefer another Nintendo character to lace up his gloves over him

Thanks.

As far as GigaMAc, my friend got a few stars and did a jumping two handed punch down at me, like a special move, and it wasnt in the manual.

I guess the star taunt builds stars to do that?

What does the time taunt do, kill the clock?

again, I dont have a 2nd player right now, but I'm going to lab by myself later:(

Is it fun to duke it out w/ 2 players using motion controls against each other? or is it frustrating because it works only half of the time like Wii Sports Boxing?

Is it fun to duke it out w/ 2 players using motion controls against each other? or is it frustrating because it works only half of the time like Wii Sports Boxing?

Wiisports boxing sucks.

My friend and I had no problem with 2 player. Actually, he used classic while I used motion and beat him 5-0. I averaged 150 punches and him about 100. :thumbsup: He is good at games and all, a few were close, he wasnt a complete tomato can.

Wiisports boxing sucks.
seconder8.jpg

Took me exactly 43 fights to beat soda pop before i figured out the jab the soda before he drinks it deal, then i beat him the first match after a couple of practice fights.

Bald bull, only fought him twice, and gave up for a few days...

The timing is so odd, i guess i got to use to the remote waggle, since im using it classic nintendo style lol.

why do we have one thread for punchout? this game should have multiple threads like one for how to beat guys and one for multiplayer and one for challenges.

Took me exactly 43 fights to beat soda pop before i figured out the jab the soda before he drinks it deal, then i beat him the first match after a couple of practice fights.

Bald bull, only fought him twice, and gave up for a few days...

The timing is so odd, i guess i got to use to the remote waggle, since im using it classic nintendo style lol.

I'm right there with you at Bald Bull, but I havent even fought him yet.

There better be more unlockables than AUDIO. That is so lame. I beat all of Von Kaisers Challenges, and thats all you get. Yeah, please let me sit here and play a specific grunting sound he makes, over and over.

As far as there being one thread, thats what I wondered. Why is there so little activity on here about punch-out. Apparently this isn't the most popular site out there.

I have been playing a lot of the verses mode. I dont know why they didnt make online for this. Is it possible to make a sort of wiiware add-on to a game to be played in conjunction with your disc? I know, I know,that is a total hypothetical b.s. question, im just throwing it out there.

I'm on Bald Bull too! That dude is bad to the bone. Either that...or he's just crazy.

This site is slowly dying lol. Wifi for this game would have been amazing. AMAZING. I'm so going to that tournament on May 30th.

I'm on Bald Bull too! That dude is bad to the bone. Either that...or he's just crazy.

I just beat him. Its tough to time his charge. I knocked him down on 2 of his charges out of 8. I almost beat Macho Man. He isnt that hard (I thought Soda was fairly easy having fought Don and Tiger). Bald Bull sucked tho.

I'm so going to that tournament on May 30th.

Me too. Cant wait to get my ass handed to me by a 10 year old. I need to practice vs mode more, but everyone is a whiney baby and "soar". They arent fond of learning the controls again on the original setup, even though its like 6 buttons.

Anyways, If there was online play..................

My girlfriend will still play but 3 of my friends "are good". lol we've played it everyday since Tuesday.

Last edited:
I usually dodge his charges. I know you can time a punch but I don't know which punch to do. I play on winning the tournament because my gamestop is always practically empty for these types of events. xD

I'm stuck on Bearhugger title defense. The timing with dodging his moves are pretty tricky. Although the squirrel at the top gives you a hint that his move will be delayed, I still move too soon instinctively. ARGHH!! So frustrating.

i just beat bald bull. super macho man is tough. i lasted to the second round in the first fight. just have to get his timming down. cant wait to unlock the final guy.

also

i started the challenges today i beat 2 of 3 on glass joe. i have to figure out how to knock him down 3 times and let him win.

Back