Offical Punchout thread

i just beat bald bull. super macho man is tough. i lasted to the second round in the first fight. just have to get his timming down. cant wait to unlock the final guy.

also

i started the challenges today i beat 2 of 3 on glass joe. i have to figure out how to knock him down 3 times and let him win.

I am at Sandman. I havent invested much time on him, but I unlocked all of Super Macho MAn and Von Kaiser's challenges? (von Kaiser isnt ****, but...macho man kinda was)

This was probably somewhere in this thread, but are the fighters' moves the SAME as NES??? Is it the same game, just with updated graphics, UI, etc? Thanks!

This was probably somewhere in this thread, but are the fighters' moves the SAME as NES??? Is it the same game, just with updated graphics, UI, etc? Thanks!

I saw an interview where the developers said they updated the moves from the classic NES version. However some of the boxers kept some of the same moves, or had some variations. However I don't know personally because the last Punch Out game came out when I was only 3 years old, so I never played it.

im going to get this but later.

if it had tyson i would have it...

just depresses me to try and beat this game.

i think ill get the metroid trilogy first in august.

im going to get this but later.

if it had tyson i would have it...

just depresses me to try and beat this game.

Why? Tyson had nothing to do with the game. He was a boss that they colored white and named Mr. Dream, same game.

Tyson IRL is the type of guy who says "I hate my fans". He didnt even know this game was coming out.

The only reason Tyson has made himself so available the past few years (and a cameo in The Hangover) is because he is broke as a joke. Even though he is a celebrity, he would probably take your wallet from you if you ever met him.

I won the Punch-Out tournament my Gamestop had! The shirt looks pretty cool! The only problem is th size..

I know right. I went to my Gamestop's tournament, and the dude that won the shirt is a HUGE middle age white dude, and they gave him that small shirt. LOL!

I have just got my copy of Punch Out yesterday and am very excited!! :) I quite love this game.. I loved the NES one too. I got to the guy after Don Flamenco (don't remember his name) and stopped playing to get it later. Man, Don Flamenco was tough!! I had to fight him like 8 times or so, but that's what I like, the challenge.

What?! I got an XL shirt!! I wanted a medium!!!

LOL! I think the shirt he got was XL...but this guy was REALLY, REALLY Huge!!! Like he was tall and fat (kinda like Bear Hugger LOL! :) ) so the XL shirt looked really small.

Currently on PunchOut I'm having trouble beating Soda Popinski on Title Defense mode. He is so hard to dodge because you only have a split second to react to his punches. Looks like I'll have to spend hours in the gym punching that hologram like I did with Aran Ryan :mad2:

Where I live they don't jock games for crap.....With limited knowledge this game has potential....but this is coming from an old school gamer who has the original among his all time favorites you may want to discard. Graphics are not much to talk about but we play Wii for the hell of it right?

Fantastic game, but I must nitpick. I'm probably the only person on Earth to be bothered a lot by this, but here goes:

1) I was ecstatic that the jogging scene from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! made it to this game (pink jogging suit and all), but what good is it when it doesn't even last three seconds? I didn't have time to even get goosebumps.

2) Part of the coolness in this series is that when you win by decision, you get to see your opponent's face in shock when you're declaired the winner. This happened in every PO game. Every one except this one. Why?

1) I was ecstatic that the jogging scene from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! made it to this game (pink jogging suit and all), but what good is it when it doesn't even last three seconds? I didn't have time to even get goosebumps.

Yes I know what you mean, I also wished it would last more. Also the music is not playing a role as important as it did in the original Punch Out I think, as those great songs from the original are in this game, but you can't hear them as you did in the old one, like in that scene you mention. Just my opinion though. But those are just details :p I love this game!

i am trying to fight with grat tiger and he took my title. this game rocks. i have only been able to get all 3 stars on glass joe. and have one on the rest of the field.

question how do you knock the crown off of king hippo?

Back