Official Baseball Talk

uloseiwin said:
What a ridiculous trade. The Tigers are gonna be good. Ive never understood the lots of not-so-good players for one or two all-stars. The team with the all-stars does better. It's kind of a dumb move on the Marlins part, those were basically their best players. Kinda like the Garnett trade in the NBA.

Now the Marlins are paying one player, Miguel Olivo, 2 million bucks a year, and all the rest under 600,000.

Btw, has anyone else noticed the D-Rays new logo? The old one was waaaaaaay better.

The more ridculous thing is that the stadium is hendering everything. There is a $30 million funding gap and the owner just donated $20 million to yale. WTF

FWELR said:
Been hearing rumors of a Lincecum for Alex Rios trade.

Personally, I would do that. I love Lincecum, but if he's losing games 1-0 all year, it doesn't matter how good he pitches. Think the Giants need to make this deal, sign Carlos Pena and make a run for Tejada if Omar retires. Slowly, we can begin to return to prominance.
Never going to happen, if you actually paid attention there is no way that deal will be made. Lincecum is way too good to trade off for Rios, not worth it in any way.

South Park said:
Red Sox FTW!
Haha. :lol: Yea, if they end up getting Santana they'll be damn near unbeatable, but even if they don't they still have young talent in Lester and Buchholz. Beckett, Schilling, Dice-k, I mean that is a good rotation right there.

blueovalboy7 said:
Haha. :lol: Yea, if they end up getting Santana they'll be damn near unbeatable, but even if they don't they still have young talent in Lester and Buchholz. Beckett, Schilling, Dice-k, I mean that is a good rotation right there.

I think they're good with Beckett but with Santana we would rule!!

blueovalboy7 said:

They already had the 2nd best pitching rotation in the AL last year (I think Clevelands was better) and one of the best offenses. With Santana, their pitching will be unstoppable, and their offense is already amazing to begin with. Though they'll probably have to trade Ellsbury :p

As for the Yankees, lets hope they dont choke in the playoffs again...

uloseiwin said:
They already had the 2nd best pitching rotation in the AL last year (I think Clevelands was better) and one of the best offenses. With Santana, their pitching will be unstoppable, and their offense is already amazing to begin with. Though they'll probably have to trade Ellsbury :p

As for the Yankees, lets hope they dont choke in the playoffs again...
No lets hope they do. :D

As for the Red Sox, I believe that they proved their rotation was better than Cleveland's in the playoffs, maybe on paper they (the Indians) were better, but they didn't prove it out on the field.

WOWOW...there are things flying around here in NY...ok break down

RUMOR 1

Mets send Jose Reyes, Kevin Mulvey to A's
Mets send Hector Pellot to Twins
A's send Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson to Mets
A's send Dan Haren to Twins
Twins send Johan Santana to Mets

Mets get Johan Santana, Bobby Crosby and Dan Johnson
A's get Jose Reyes and Kevin Mulvey
Twins get Dan Haren and Hector Pellot

Rumor 2

Mets send Oliver Perez, Carlos Gomez, Philip Humber and Kevin Mulvey
to the Twins for Santana

Looks like the Mets are trying to really pull this off

You can go ahead & cross any Reyes trade rumors out, Omar Minaya confirmed that Jose Reyes, David Wright & Carlos Beltran are off the market!!! :)

Still though, I hope he can make a significant move. Word on the street is that Erik Bedard doesn't want to be in Baltimore anymore & the O's have been eye-ing Ryan Church for some time. Maybe if they pull of a deal, they can get Chad Bradford back to bolster the bullpen, I don't understand why they didn't re-sign him to begin with!!!

And on that 2nd rumor, Perez, Mulvey & Humber is way too much pitching to give up. I would like to see Mulvey & Kunz pitch before they deal either of them & I want to see more from Humber than just one start when his start doesn't mean that the team is one step closer to losing a playoff spot. They should try to avoid making the mistake they made with Scott Kazmir (for Victor Zambrano), Matt Lindstrom (for I honestly forgot who, I think it was a multiplayer trade to the Marlins), & Brian Bannister (for Ambiorix Burgos)...

uloseiwin said:
What a ridiculous trade. The Tigers are gonna be good. Ive never understood the lots of not-so-good players for one or two all-stars. The team with the all-stars does better. It's kind of a dumb move on the Marlins part, those were basically their best players. Kinda like the Garnett trade in the NBA.

Now the Marlins are paying one player, Miguel Olivo, 2 million bucks a year, and all the rest under 600,000.

Btw, has anyone else noticed the D-Rays new logo? The old one was waaaaaaay better.

They're called prospects, that doesn't make them bad, especially considering one was Detroit's top outfield spect, the other was their top pitching spect, & neither had played a full season. They need time to blossom, just like Willis & Cabrera when they first started out. Just like how everyone now thinks Phil Humber is bad, but like I said before, he had only pitched one game in what was pretty much a do or die situation on short notice...

Last edited:
I really dislike multi-team trades, but if thats what it takes to get it done I guess that's how it'll go. I can't say I like the Mets, or the idea of them landing Santana, but I'd prefer them getting him over the Yankees.

blueovalboy7 said:
No lets hope they do. :D

As for the Red Sox, I believe that they proved their rotation was better than Cleveland's in the playoffs, maybe on paper they (the Indians) were better, but they didn't prove it out on the field.

Yes I agree lets hope they do!:yesnod:

Bluejays are very close to signing Paul Lo Duca to a 1 yr 3-4 MM

Lo Duca is overrated in my opinion, but more power to the Jays, the 3rd best team in the AL East.

The L.A. Dodgers make a Free Agent signing and pick up Andruw Jones, 2 year deal worth 36 million. I was really hoping that the Padres would make a play at signing him, but I guess that is neither here nor there anymore. Maybe they'll resign Cameron and Bradley, since they were two of the better contributers to that offense. (Terrible offense, great pitching)

Last edited:
well the Big 3 way trade rumor wit the Mets, Twins and A's have been called off

EDIT::
Another trade that was very very close to being done has just been squashed

Tigers were gonna trade D-Train and Pudge to the Mets it wasnt clear who the Mets were gonna give up...BUT anyway the deal has been squashed

Last edited:
They're called prospects, that doesn't make them bad, especially considering one was Detroit's top outfield spect, the other was their top pitching spect, & neither had played a full season. They need time to blossom, just like Willis & Cabrera when they first started out. Just like how everyone now thinks Phil Humber is bad, but like I said before, he had only pitched one game in what was pretty much a do or die situation on short notice...

Yes, I know theyre called prospects and although it doesnt make them bad, its more likely that they are bad than good...I still think that trading players who you already know for a fact are good players and successful in the MLB away for prospects that you dont know how good they will be in the MLB is too much of a risky move. Maybe its a smart move on the Marlins part, but it will take them years to recover.

Back