Official Baseball Talk

blueovalboy7 said:
Haha, BLS, I'm sorry your Marlins screwed you. (can I even call 'em your Marlins anymore)

Wouldn't be the first time they have screwed me.

I'm tired of the reason we don't keep players is because of the stadium. If you really wanted to get the deal done you would have got it done years ago. $30 million funding Gap??? If you really wanted the studium, YOU'D GET IT DONE. Quit looking for a state handout.

BTW They are still my team until Loria drives them out of FL.

Alrighty, I know they use the stadium bit as an excuse, but I mean come on, shell out a few dollars, keep your stars, and make your fans happy.

Few things went down today, and even more to come tomorrow with the Mitchell report.

-Rowand signs with the Giants for 5 years.

-Tejada goes to the Astros, for 5 players I've never heard of.

-Cubs sign Kosuke Fukudome to a 4 year deal, MVP of the Japanese league last year, so appears to be a smart move at the moment.

blueovalboy7 said:
Few things went down today, and even more to come tomorrow with the Mitchell report.

-Rowand signs with the Giants for 5 years.

-Tejada goes to the Astros, for 5 players I've never heard of.

-Cubs sign Kosuke Fukudome to a 4 year deal, MVP of the Japanese league last year, so appears to be a smart move at the moment.

I'm almost excited to hear the names. God forbid anybody on the 03 Marlins are in it. We don't need anymore bad news.

I guess the 5 players coming from the Astros are prospects, so the Orioles have obviously thrown in the towel for the time being.

Tomorrow will be big. on Mike and the Mad Dog, they had 1 confirmed name. They wouldnt announce it but said they were shocked. and said " It will be a bad day for New York tomorrow".... Maybe a Yankee maybe a Met? Who knows. No its not A-rod, i know thats what your thinking lol.. They didnt say anyone, but i doubt it would be. I am very curious to hear the names.

Source says Clemens will be named in Mitchell report
ESPN.com news services

A former New York Yankee strength trainer says information he supplied to the George Mitchell investigation regarding supplying Roger Clemens with steroids is included in the Mitchell report scheduled to be released later today, a source close to the trainer told ESPN The Magazine's Shaun Assael.

Brian McNamee, who worked for the Yankees and as a personal trainer for Clemens and Yankee teammates Andy Pettitte, also told investigators that on at least one occasion, Clemens was in possession of steroids from another supplier, the source said.

The source said McNamee told investigators he supplied Clemens with steroids while Clemens was witih the Yankees, and prior to Clemens joining the team.

Also, The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a baseball industry official, says "several" prominent Yankees will be named in the Mitchell report. The paper said the source spoke to a third party who had seen the final report.

"It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx," the paper quoted the source as saying.

Baseball commissioner Bud Selig told the Chicago Tribune that he hadn't seen the report, but he was proud it is coming out.

"People can say Bud was just trying to cover his butt or take care of his legacy or whatever," Selig said, according to the Tribune. "I say [bleep] it. This needed to be done, and now we've done it. I'm just happy it will be out there and we can move on. I'm proud of it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh f**k.

Great. Just great.

uloseiwin said:
Source says Clemens will be named in Mitchell report
ESPN.com news services

A former New York Yankee strength trainer says information he supplied to the George Mitchell investigation regarding supplying Roger Clemens with steroids is included in the Mitchell report scheduled to be released later today, a source close to the trainer told ESPN The Magazine's Shaun Assael.

Brian McNamee, who worked for the Yankees and as a personal trainer for Clemens and Yankee teammates Andy Pettitte, also told investigators that on at least one occasion, Clemens was in possession of steroids from another supplier, the source said.

The source said McNamee told investigators he supplied Clemens with steroids while Clemens was witih the Yankees, and prior to Clemens joining the team.

Also, The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a baseball industry official, says "several" prominent Yankees will be named in the Mitchell report. The paper said the source spoke to a third party who had seen the final report.

"It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx," the paper quoted the source as saying.

Baseball commissioner Bud Selig told the Chicago Tribune that he hadn't seen the report, but he was proud it is coming out.

"People can say Bud was just trying to cover his butt or take care of his legacy or whatever," Selig said, according to the Tribune. "I say [bleep] it. This needed to be done, and now we've done it. I'm just happy it will be out there and we can move on. I'm proud of it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh f**k.

Great. Just great.

Oh I hope its true. Retire already.

I've always like Clemens, Schilling, Johnson, you know, all the old school guys I grew up watching. I can't say I'd be happy to see any of those guys in the Mitchell report.

blueovalboy7 said:
I've always like Clemens, Schilling, Johnson, you know, all the old school guys I grew up watching. I can't say I'd be happy to see any of those guys in the Mitchell report.

I just think its annoying how he has been going about baseball the last couple seasons. I hate that he just decides to play baseball in June.

Well that I agree on, how can you let someone come back that late into the season and pay him as much as they did. Oh and he didn't even perform that well. I like him as a player, he has done some amazing things, but the way he has handled the past couple years doesn't sit well with me either.

Back