Official Baseball Talk

Well BLS, the Fish beat us when it mattered the most, but trust me, it won't happen again. John Maine already shown he can pretty much no hit you guys (that swinging bunt was a fluke) & with Johan in the mix, consider it over for you guys before it even starts & maybe Hanely Ramirez will make less errors on the field before he starts talking sh!t again...

SouthPaw26 said:
Well BLS, the Fish beat us when it mattered the most, but trust me, it won't happen again. John Maine already shown he can pretty much no hit you guys (that swinging bunt was a fluke) & with Johan in the mix, consider it over for you guys before it even starts & maybe Hanely Ramirez will make less errors on the field before he starts talking sh!t again...

marlinsldkfront.jpg
marlinsldkback.jpg

It was only his 2nd MLB season. Don't worry, he'll improve. Anyway, It shouldn't happen again and it shouldn't have happened the first time. The fish have nothing to lose anyway. So give us your best shot.

By IT, I'm assuming you mean the near no-no from Maine, he's got great numbers against them to begin with & there's no more Glavine to give up 7 runs in the 1st (as much a HOF'er he is). That collapse was a blessing in disguise, it opened the Mets eyes & told them that they can't just turn it on whenever they want. You'll be up against a stronger, smarter team this year. Who's playing 3B this year for FLA anyways??

SouthPaw26 said:
By IT, I'm assuming you mean the near no-no from Maine, he's got great numbers against them to begin with & there's no more Glavine to give up 7 runs in the 1st (as much a HOF'er he is). That collapse was a blessing in disguise, it opened the Mets eyes & told them that they can't just turn it on whenever they want. You'll be up against a stronger, smarter team this year. Who's playing 3B this year for FLA anyways??

By it I meant the the fish beating the mets at the end.

3rd base is open right now. Dallas McPherson will get a look as well as Jorge Cantu, Amezaga, Jose Castillo. Personally, I see it as a platoon position this season.

Now that I think about it, baseball teams don't have fierce names...
Marlins, Mets, Yankees, Red Sox.

I never really thought about that before. :lol:

southpaw dont even argue with these "fish" fans :lol: lets just sit back and watch it all happen as we met fans will watch then raise that trophy this year. and maybe will let the fish polish our balls.

Bliss said:
southpaw dont even argue with these "fish" fans :lol: lets just sit back and watch it all happen as we met fans will watch then raise that trophy this year. and maybe will let the fish polish our balls.
I really doubt they're going to be the best in the NL, but only time will tell. I think the Mets will have a lot to deal with this up-coming season. The young and talented Rockies, the Dodgers might give them fits with Torre (possibly inspiring them not to choke?), the Padres have had great pitching, and only got stronger in my book with the addition of Mark Pryor, then as always the Braves, the Phillies looked solid last year, and you really don't have much to worry about from the central division.

As for the AL, I think Boston's post season might be a little more difficult if they end up with Schilling on the DL, with that bad shoulder he's expected to miss most of, if not all of the season.

Last edited:
blueovalboy7 said:
I really doubt they're going to be the best in the NL, but only time will tell. I think the Mets will have a lot to deal with this up-coming season. The young and talented Rockies, the Dodgers might give them fits with Torre (possibly inspiring them not to choke?), the Padres have had great pitching, and only got stronger in my book with the addition of Mark Pryor, then as always the Braves, the Phillies looked solid last year, and you really don't have much to worry about from the central division.

As for the AL, I think Boston's post season might be a little more difficult if they end up with Schilling on the DL, with that bad shoulder he's expected to miss most of, if not all of the season.
I have two problems with this post:

1. You left out the D-Backs who won the NL West and only got better with acquiring Dan Haren. I hate you.

2. Mark Pryor is terrible. Don't ever associate him with good pitching.

Ok maybe 3...

3. The Cubs MAYBE inproved with that japanese player. They might be decent this, year you never know.

maddmaxx46 said:
I have two problems with this post:

1. You left out the D-Backs who won the NL West and only got better with acquiring Dan Haren. I hate you.

2. Mark Pryor is terrible. Don't ever associate him with good pitching.

Ok maybe 3...

3. The Cubs MAYBE inproved with that japanese player. They might be decent this, year you never know.
-Note the underline, I have no respect for your post, but I'll address your "concerns."

-I did leave out the D'Backs, that my bad, it's been a while since the end of the season and they folded in the playoffs so didn't leave me with much to remember them by.

-In regards to Prior (I spelled his name wrong), you obviously have no knowledge of the Padres rotation, he is much better than Hensley or Germano who were nearly guarantee wins for the other team every time out. Prior has been battling injuries for the past few years, and if he can get healthy, he'll be a good number 3 maybe even number two starter behind an impressive Peavy.

-Cubs are chokers, no reason to beat around the bush and I doubt one player is going to change that. I'd like to see them do well, they just have not done well in the post season in oh, about 100 years.

blueovalboy7 said:
-In regards to Prior (I spelled his name wrong), you obviously have no knowledge of the Padres rotation, he is much better than Hensley or Germano who were nearly guarantee wins for the other team every time out. Prior has been battling injuries for the past few years, and if he can get healthy, he'll be a good number 3 maybe even number two starter behind an impressive Peavy.

-note the underline

Thats ur biggest concern there, IF he can stay healthy. I dont doubt the Padres at all this year i think they will be a great team. But i dont think they have wat it takes to make a run in the playoffs. They seem to be an ijury plagued team. But i wish them the best as i am in San Diego a lot since i have family there.

and the D-Backs, well they are def gonna be a force this year with that pitching rotation they have. But i dont think they have a string enough offense to last 9 innings.

Cubs, i agree with u 100% they are choke artists and will continue to choke this year.

Bliss said:

I don't think anyone is arguing. I have nothing to argue about. Did you see my teams record last year. Yeah, pathetic.

Typical New York fan:lol:

Big_League_Slugger said:
I don't think anyone is arguing. I have nothing to argue about. Did you see my teams record last year. Yeah, pathetic.

Typical New York fan:lol:

:lol: gotta love us New Yorkers :lol:

blueovalboy7 said:
-Note the underline, I have no respect for your post, but I'll address your "concerns."

-I did leave out the D'Backs, that my bad, it's been a while since the end of the season and they folded in the playoffs so didn't leave me with much to remember them by.

-Cubs are chokers, no reason to beat around the bush and I doubt one player is going to change that. I'd like to see them do well, they just have not done well in the post season in oh, about 100 years.
I think it's funny that you would say you don't remember the D-Backs because they folded, when the Phillies did THE EXACT SAME THING the series before. As a Padre fan I thought you would be able to remember who took the NL West division title from you.

I don't know the Padres rotation that well but I do know Prior very well being raised from a Cub family. He will take money straight from your pockets and produce nothing in return. Don't get hopeful on this guy because the Cubs have been hopeful for years now.

I don't blame you for leaving out the Cubs but I put the maybe in there because Lee had a mediocre year. I think if he plays a better leadership role, the Cubs will be better than last year.

The "I hate you" wasn't mean't to be taken seriously btw.

maddmaxx46 said:
I think it's funny that you would say you don't remember the D-Backs because they folded, when the Phillies did THE EXACT SAME THING the series before. As a Padre fan I thought you would be able to remember who took the NL West division title from you.
Oh no they didn't take it, they straight up earned it, they just weren't at the top of my list because they made no big offseason moves and weren't in the forefront of my thought process. Like I said, my bad.

I don't know the Padres rotation that well but I do know Prior very well being raised from a Cub family. He will take money straight from your pockets and produce nothing in return. Don't get hopeful on this guy because the Cubs have been hopeful for years now.
I have faith in the fact that Hensley or Germano, whoever he replaces is still much worse than Prior. I remember the '03 season when he and Kerry Wood were a feared one two punch.

I don't blame you for leaving out the Cubs but I put the maybe in there because Lee had a mediocre year. I think if he plays a better leadership role, the Cubs will be better than last year.
Like I said, I'd like to see them do well, but they need to prove they won't choke before I give them the benefit of the doubt.

The "I hate you" wasn't mean't to be taken seriously btw.
It just wasn't necessary, and my mood at that moment was not conducive to that particular brand of humor I guess you could call it.

Not sure how my Blue Jays are going to do this year, our moves so far have been signing David Eckstein and trading for Scott Rolen. I guess our infield is okay, but I am worried about our offense. Hopefully Wells can return to form this year, and Matt Stairs and Frank Thomas have decent years again.

Back