Official Baseball Talk

maddmaxx46 said:
That sucks. Hopefully you can trade him in for a new sofa in the locker room or something.
Haha, well he's a definite step up from Clay Hensley and/or Justin Germano.

OHH yea where are my Mets fans...seems like the Mets are REALLY REALLY close to trading for Johan. The deal would include:

Carlos Gomez
Deolis Guerra
Kevin Mulvey
Phil Humber

for

Johan Santana

Twins are really liking this deal but are wondering if they are also Fernando Martinez from the Mets as well. Or replace Gomez for Martinez. But all in all it looks good and it might get done soon.
You also might be thinking damn thats a lot to give up, almost ur whole farm, but it doesnt matter for 2 reasons:
1. Its Johan
2. We have 3 first round picks in the up coming draft thanks to Glavine

SOURCES
Metsblog
MLBTradeRumors

blueovalboy7 said:
Padres finally made a move, picking up Gold Glove winner Jim Edmonds, though at the age of 37, I still have faith in him, more-so than what I had in Mike Cameron.
Edmonds is a decent player, but a locker room cancer. I work next door to Anaheim Stadium, and got to overhear Chuck Finley talking about him. We were having lunch at The National sports bar, and I was sitting at the table next to him. Chuck was saying that he is the poster boy for the "Me First" kind of player.

I still gotta go see a game in the Pad's new yard. Looks pretty sweet on t.v. and from driving around it.

Fine with me if mets get johan. I will be fine with that. As long as the sox dont get him. At first i wanted him. But to me, its not worth giving up Melky or Hughes. I think Melky is great. I read that the Yanks are interested in Cameron and i hope that does not mean they will trade Melky. His arm is amazing. He is a great outfielder and a decent hitter, getting better each year. I wouldnt mind having him in the oufield for a long time. And in game 3 when Clemens left the game in the playoffs and Hughes came in ( i was there) i was so impressed with him. He pitched like an all star.

The Yankees cant get rid of any of the young guys. If they get rid of anyone, make it Damon. Or maybe Abreu, he hasnt done all too well on the Yanks IMO.

Wii-Fi said:
i hope oliver perez does awesome, he's gonna be my sleeper pick for fantasy baseball. do you guys do that sorta thing?

yea i do fantasy baseball every year..in the yahoo league

I think I would be fine with the trade to the Mets if the deal didn't involve Deolis Guerra & Kevin Mulvey...

Well the Santana deal is done, I'm wondering what else big will go down this offseason.

(Syntax can you move this to the Entertainment Lounge like the rest of the sports threads?)

blueovalboy7 said:
Well the Santana deal is done, I'm wondering what else big will go down this offseason.

(Syntax can you move this to the Entertainment Lounge like the rest of the sports threads?)

Yippe, F@$% the Mets. The Fish are going to be in last again. Oh well. Hopefully we can knock off the Mets from the playoffs again this year:lol:

Big_League_Slugger said:
Oh well. Hopefully we can knock off the Mets from the playoffs again this year:lol:

:lol: :lol: you make me laugh thats all im sayin.

Bliss said:
:lol: :lol: you make me laugh thats all im sayin.

Us Fish fans felt like we won the World Series when we beat the Mets on the last game of the season.

metcry.jpg

Back