Official E3 07 Discussion Thread

Well us people in the gaming industry have been notified that there is word of a new ds. Its also been in numerous magazines. It might be in a few years time though

^you people in the gaming industry, eh?

What is your position?

Im currently a game reviewer/editor for a large Australian gaming company. I have also worked for numerous other gaming companies such as Eb Game's, Game and the Gamesmen. I did some brief work for sony on there online magazine a few years ago. No that it really matters. I did some international prep work for E3 a few years ago also.

LOL fair enough. I dont really do much important anymore besides write reviews and edit our website. But im just eager to hear more about this so called new DS.

Edit: Here is a source. Its on many other sites around the internet.
http://myds.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=142

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
There wont be a new Nintendo handheld for 5+ years

You can quote me on that.

I wouldnt want to be quoted on that... Nintendo usually releases a new (or updated) handheld every 1.5-2.5 years. They released the DS Phat Nov. 21, 2004. The DS Lite (In America) was June 11, 2006. That's a year and a half. Actually, the DS Lite came out on the GBA's (original) 5th year anniversary. (It came out June 11, 2001. I recieved both the GBA and the DS Lite for my birthday btw, which is june 9.) But anyway, the GBA sp was released March 23, 2003. That it a 1.75 year gap. So the chance of a whole 6 year (expecially now with their first real competitor in the handheld market) gap in between handhelds is extremely unlikely...

I expect a new nintendo handheld, whether a ds upgrade or entirely something new, in 1-2 years. But if i had to venture a guess, I would go March 2008.

nic7 said:
I wouldnt want to be quoted on that... Nintendo usually releases a new (or updated) handheld every 1.5-2.5 years. They released the DS Phat Nov. 21, 2004. The DS Lite (In America) was June 11, 2006. That's a year and a half. Actually, the DS Lite came out on the GBA's (original) 5th year anniversary. (It came out June 11, 2001. I recieved both the GBA and the DS Lite for my birthday btw, which is june 9.) But anyway, the GBA sp was released March 23, 2003. That it a 1.75 year gap. So the chance of a whole 6 year (expecially now with their first real competitor in the handheld market) gap in between handhelds is extremely unlikely...

I expect a new nintendo handheld, whether a ds upgrade or entirely something new, in 1-2 years. But if i had to venture a guess, I would go March 2008.
wow, now i understand.

SSBBFan101 said:
wow, now i understand.

Sorry, might be hard to follow

Ill put it like this.

Game Boy Advance: June 11, 2001
GBA SP: March 23, 2003
DS Phat: Nov. 21, 2004
GBA Micro: Sept. 19, 2005
DS Lite: June 11, 2006

The largest cap is 1.75 years. So I'd expect a handheld some time in 2008.

Im sorry, I should have clarrified. I was speaking in terms of a completely different model.

The GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro all use GBA games, correct?
As do the DS and DS Lite comparatively.

It is very likely that Nintendo will create a 'DS Super Light', but not a new model.

i hope it goes bad for xbox i h8 microsoft, good on wii i hope gta will come because it would appeal to a huge audience

lol no, that would be pushing it, i don't think they're gonna make any new handelds untill 2010, hopfully they'll make a ds 2, with graphics a 30% better then psp graphics, and a 20% bigger screen, with no wide screen. i love the touch screen... i hope they'll prepare us in E3 2007 for a ds2 comeing.

and i hope in like 2013 they'll make the wii 2 (it could be called the mii 2... get it? lol)

i'm rooting for microsoft and nintendo, sony... ehh, i don't care that much on what they do at E3. Brecause it wont consern me, i don't have a psp or ps3.

smashfan said:
i hope it goes bad for xbox i h8 microsoft, good on wii i hope gta will come because it would appeal to a huge audience

why do you hate microsoft, i can understand it not being your favorive but why do you hate it?

(sorry for posting so much)

Back