Official 'I got a Wii' thread

My parents gave my husband and I the special black Wii for Christmas and so far we LOVE it. This isn't just for kids/teens. I'm 41 and my husband is 44 and we have a blast playing games!

I just got a WII but....

The input won't show up on the screen.
I think that its loose. actually I'm positive that it's loose.
So I need help. Where do I send my WII to be fixed. My mom will murder me if 500$ worth of stuff goes unused!
So where does it get sent to be repaired. or who do I ask about this?
:sick:
:redwii:
I hav the red WII, but I don't think that makes much of a difference.
:lovewii:

My cousin let me play on his Wii a few years ago and I got addicted to Wii Tennis, but then he took it back off me to go home and I was like :prrr:
But I finally bought my own a few days ago and I adoooore it :D

My 27-yr-old son has owned every Nintendo console model ever made, since his early toddler years with the lovely gray box we all remember. But I've never owned a console myself, so when the kids all grew up and moved out, I started to wonder if I wanted my own console, and if so, which one? (My other son is an XBox and PS3 guy.)

Just bought my own Wii last week, mostly because I just re-signed with Netflix and wanted to use the streaming function too. But now I find I'm getting hooked on the games as much as the Netflix function. Came with Mario Kart, and I've bought Ocarina of Time (classic controller) and Wii Sports. Will be buying Animal Crossing and Twilight Princess soon.

Anyway, I'm totally in love with this thing -- I'm even using the News Channel and the Forecast Channel a lot.

I waited too long to break down and buy this thing. Thoroughly enjoying it -- and so small! (My son's PS3 and XBox are huge in comparison.)

And I'm here because I know I'll have questions along the way, and my poor firstborn shouldn't have to answer ALL his mother's annoying noob questions. :)

I just picked up my 2nd Wii today. I got my first a few weeks after launch and sold it sometime in '08. I have had the PS3 and 360 for a while and picked up a new Wii to experience some of the titles I've missed.

So far I have Mario Kart and Other M.

we bought a wii last friday, so a little over a week ago, and so far we love it, although we only have mario cart, wii fit and animal crossing wild world, that's ok. i plan on buying more once i get the money lol. :lovewii::wiifit:

got my new blue wii today and on the back of the box it says gamecube not supported any body know anything about this this is my second wii sold my other one in2009

Got Wii black with Mario Kart and Zelda Skyward sword yesterday and now i'm waiting my online orders to be delivered that will make my Wii set more complete.

I have had a Wii for about a year and a half. Before, I was never interested in the present gaming generation. I am heavily into retro gaming. But when NiGHTS was released for the Wii I felt that I had to have one. I purchased NiGHTS months before I fianlly got my Wii. I am an Arcade gamer at heart, so having a Wii, to me, is like having an Arcade at home. That is the way I look at the motion gaming experience. And Netflix through my Wii is just an added bonus. I use an outdoor TV antenna to receive my TV programming. I receive 30 digital channels with 8 of those being HD. The Wii adds to my watching habits some great retro TV choices.Gotta love the Wii.

...and another dead-thread is revived...
Although - it *could* make sense that the "official I got a wii thread" would turn into the "official I've had a wii for a while now" thread...sooo...

robotboy: You are right. I too am an "arcade style" gamer at heart. Old skool if you will. There is no life without Netflix. Without Netflix on wii, I wouldn't have access to my favorite classic Star Trek eposides, and my wife wouldn't be able to watch those stupid syndicated sitcoms she likes so much. To us, Wii is worth it just for that. With all the push toward "cloud" gaming, it will be interesting to see what is around the corner, especially for us old-skoolers...

^ Speakin' of arcade games, y'all might want to grab "Ghost Squad". It's a $10~ used game that's exactly like those on-rail shooters in arcades where ya use that fake plastic gun to shoot things on-screen. Ghost Squad is an actual arcade game shooter that they decided to port directly onto the Wii, and it really is just as fun with a Wii Remote. If there's anythin' the Wii can do great, it's havin' an arcade shooter. A real blast of a game with friends or even alone. And if you're familiar with said arcade games, it'l bring about some great nostalgia to be sure.

I'm a Ninty fanboy; their first-party titles have always been among my favorite games. Nintendo consoles are known to be cheap in price, but by no means faulty; I'm a bit of a budget gamer, so that also appealed to me. Buyin' my Wii back in '06 was a no-brainer.

Hopefully buying the Wii U when it comes out will also be a no brainer! But when that happens...would that technically make the current Wii games "classics?":confused5:

I did not realize that this was a dead thread. Interestedly it did not show that way on my Android netbook when I made the post. There was no date, only the time displayed, AM or PM. :confused5:

I really like the old school arcade vertical shooters, like Raiden, etc. I could play them forever and that seems to be what I am doing. Frantic high score survival gaming is my addiction. :papermario:

I guess I need to start making a new thread when I want to comment, because, well, there seems to be a lot of old threads lying around.

Last edited:
Reviving old threads is all good 'n such, so long as it isn't a bad revive. As long as you're contributing to the topic, revivals can be alright.

... 'Course, not all threads age well. A thread about 2006 politics for example, no one would have business reviving that. Some threads are best left dead, some are okay to revive. Just use your personal judgement; if you happened to have a lapse of said judgement, it won't be the end of the world. We won't ban ya for one improper revival. :p

Back