Official Photo Album

Few pics from Brittany, post more later:

Picture046.jpg

That was a beautiful sunset we witnessed on the coast.

Picture048.jpg

Our catch from the local rock pools:

Picture058.jpg

The rock pools themselves:

Picture061.jpg

The beach. I swam in the sea everyday. The Atlantic is cruelly cold at first, but dip your shoulders under, and you'll warm to the 16*C water.

Picture066.jpg

I'll post more later.

That was a nice sunset.

Did you enjoy Brittany? I had an exchange student from Brest stay for a month last month, and he invited me to stay with him after school for a bit... Hmm, might have to take him up on that. :p

I loved it, but then, I'm the sort of person who thinks Cornwall is the best place in the UK, and Brittany is very reminscent of Cornwall- they both have stunning cliffs, breathtaking beaches, picteresque towns, mild (and wet) weather and a Celtic heritage.

Anyway, more snaps:

The pathway to the beach;

Picture057.jpg

Just before the sunset:

Picture060.jpg

A postcard I bought:

Picture072.jpg

Another shot of the beach:

Picture067.jpg

A lovely house near the beach:

Picture065.jpg

Looking out to sea:

Picture062.jpg

A Brittany flag. The people were far more proud of their Breton heritage than their French, which is little wonder. There were far more Breton flags about, and every sign was in Breton and French.

Picture074.jpg

The nearest town, Quimper. It was one of those places that looks better when it's raining than when it's sunny, which was fortunate, due to the rain we got.

Picture070.jpg

Bearing in mind I took all those with my 3.2MP k800i phone.

Lewi, you look tanned. I'm jealous.

I was tanned. But the damn English weather has sucked it all out of me! I'm only half as tanned in that picture as what I was like just over week ago.

A Brittany flag. The people were far more proud of their Breton heritage than their French, which is little wonder. There were far more Breton flags about, and every sign was in Breton and French.

So you went to France, liked it, yet still try to find a way to hate France? Where exactly did you stay? I was talking to my exchange student about what most people identified more with, the French or the Breton, and he was adamant that they were primarily French.

And I think you'll find that the street signs are more a thing of custom, hardly anyone actually speaks Breton nowadays.

Cheers everyone, it was sunny out side as soon as I read this page about raining it started >:U

So you went to France, liked it, yet still try to find a way to hate France? Where exactly did you stay? I was talking to my exchange student about what most people identified more with, the French or the Breton, and he was adamant that they were primarily French.

And I think you'll find that the street signs are more a thing of custom, hardly anyone actually speaks Breton nowadays.

I stayed in Benodet on the southern coast of Brittany. Obviously if your exchange student is French he is going to state that Brittany is more French than Breton, and Corsica more French that Corsican, and Alsace more French than German. Breton flags are far more common that the Tricolour, and in most shops I visited they had maps of Brittany behind the counter. Perhaps your friend is right, but they could've fooled me.

Back