Official Photo Album

Up here, using "but" at the end of a sentence is kind of like using "though".

ie

"Scalextric is great. It takes too long to set up, though."

"Scalextric is great. It takes too long to set up, but."

Note that in the two above examples, inversion is used to move the conjoining words to the end of the sentence.

Lewi, are you talking about what Dr. Mario is? If so, an ellipsis (...) is necessary to clarify that there is more to be said that you've left out.

And I meant in writing. Slang can be used to defend the fact that anything can make sense to at least one person. Not only that, but things can be implied verbally. Grammar is obviously not spoken literally, so something like an ellipsis would have to be represented by drifting off when you say the conjuction—the conjuction, that is, that remains in the middle of the sentence even if it is the last thing you say, as the last half, as already mentioned, is implied.

Having said this, I still doubt that any language in the world allows for a conjuction to be used to connect two independant clauses and to be added randomly at the end of any sentence.

Roger Crouch =D!

IMG_3334.jpg

Hahah yeah, I only took a couple on my camera while we were out there, and only just properly went through them, and found this =)

He was really nice.

Ok, shutup about the bad english. If we were doing essay writing or something along the lines of the, fine, critisise all you want. However, on a website that doesn't even use spellcheck, leave it be and just write things regardless of how it was written. It's not that hard to interpret what people say with bad grammar.

And yay for a pic! Your hair looks cool Rach, not fair:(I wanna go meet some tall guy and be in a space centre.

Dear me, puberty must be kicking in.

Oh dear Jack, oh deary deary me. I think that line is enough to show you haven't hit it yet.

I don't blame you for the comment, either way - there was of course a hint of sarcasm in my comment for Adam.

I don't blame you for the comment, either way - there was of course a hint of sarcasm in my comment for Jack

Last edited:
Back