Official Rate my Team Thread - Due when +500 posts.

freebutter said:
also wario2ooo a t-tar wouldn't be bad either. even though it has alot of weakness' it still is good. and as wuddle said. a hippondon would be good to. so a hippodon/t-tar sand storm would be a killer. and teach one of them toxic to do extra damage. and like swager or cofunese ray would be good to!
that would take too long to really take effect, replace torterra with skarmory, toss skarmory out first and use spikes as many times as possible... negates f-sash, then when that dies.. throw in tyranitar with his sandstorm ability, holding a focus-sash, then have it use rock polish and sweep their team...if possible, have swords dance on it... when you have the chance, use it to ensure your victory!

PokeChamp said:
that would take too long to really take effect, replace torterra with skarmory, toss skarmory out first and use spikes as many times as possible... negates f-sash, then when that dies.. throw in tyranitar with his sandstorm ability, holding a focus-sash, then have it use rock polish and sweep their team...if possible, have swords dance on it... when you have the chance, use it to ensure your victory!
Rock Polish is just too hard to pull of on a ttar. It's used just too many times so in general people have a counter to it. Not to mention your forgetting about priority moves. Aqua Jet/Bullet Punch/Shadow Sneak/Quick Attack [lolz] will screw over ttars buffers when it's hanging on with one hp. Torterra can hold it's own against water attacks I think [which is what his team suffers from alot] Skarmory can still work well and replace his Rhypherior since they are both walling asses.

If u want a fast Ttar, use a choice scarfed one, but maje sure u have some EVs in speed coz it wont out speed everything.

wario2ooo said:
:lol: thanks guys....but i prefer ground types....sooo...i might put hippowdon in...
LMFAO
as soon as i read this, the elite 4 bertha sent out hippowdon! :lol:

Very basic team....I mean VERY....So many OU pokemon....I'm deciding what to use, electivire(My very first EV trained pokemon :D), or starmie, I heard that starmie is faster, and ice punch won't really take out a garchomp...or will it? How much does the expert belt increase it by? Sorry if wrong section, and if so can it take out a good EV trained garchomp w/ good natures and stuff? So I'm deciding between starmie and electivire, and also what are good OU pokemon? I'm deciding what to get for an OU team cuz I'm gonna make one. Oh wow, I never really noticed, but when my EV trained pokemon by me are fully ev trained and have full movesets and stuff and are finished training(Which are only two pokemon :sick: ), they are lvl 33...Oh and I forgot, I might replace snorlax with blissey, or put both on my team, or stay, but I really like blissey and I for sure am gonna get one

Here it is:

Electivire/Adamant/Expert Belt
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
Ability: Motor Drive

Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Cross Chop

Salamence/Lonely(Yes I know it's bad but w/e)/Focus Sash
EV's:252 Attack 252 speed 6 HP
Abilty: Intimidate

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw

Skarmory/Lax/Chesto Berry(I bet you know why)
EV's: I don't exactly know, I got it from PokeChamp(Thanks alot, big part of my team), and I for sure know it has great defence and is trained in Defence, so 252 Defence(PokeChamp said it will have 403 defence when lvl 100 and I trust him)
Ability: Keen Eye

Spikes(Can you use it more than once to get more damage on their team? I don't really know....)
Toxic
Fly(I would really like Drill Peck better, but it's an egg move)
Rest(What's the Chesto Berry for?)

Snorlax/Modest(Sucks I know but before then I thought modest raised Sp.Def.....)/Leftovers
EV's:252 HP or 252 sp. def and 126 attack and 126 Sp. Def or 126 HP(I forgot)
Ability:Immunity

Rest
Sleep Talk
Earthquake
Body Slam

Tyranitar/Adamant/Leftovers or Focus Sash, I don't know, please help me on this. I switched to leftovers because not that many pokemon killed it in one hit with focus sash.
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Defence, and 6 HP

Stone Edge
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Earthquake

Gengar/Modest/Focus Sash(I don't know what item so I stuck with this)
EV's:I can tell it's not EV trained....But it has good stuff and everything so I'm gonna berry it and then EV it.
Ability: Levitate

Substitute(I wanna take this out with hypnosis....I most of the time use it first but since it's not EV trained BOOM focus sash saves it and no more substitute for me)
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

I basically said all the things that I didn't like and stuff bout my team.

my skarmory has 403 def at lvl 100, but that doesnt mean that you have to train him to lvl 100... i finished training him, so he is fine where he is... i got fly because i needed an extra move.... soz if its not ok...

I never really figured it out, but what does soz mean? Sorry? If so....

soz for the spam

Slimi said:
Very basic team....I mean VERY....So many OU pokemon....I'm deciding what to use, electivire(My very first EV trained pokemon :D), or starmie, I heard that starmie is faster, and ice punch won't really take out a garchomp...or will it? How much does the expert belt increase it by? Sorry if wrong section, and if so can it take out a good EV trained garchomp w/ good natures and stuff? So I'm deciding between starmie and electivire, and also what are good OU pokemon? I'm deciding what to get for an OU team cuz I'm gonna make one. Oh wow, I never really noticed, but when my EV trained pokemon by me are fully ev trained and have full movesets and stuff and are finished training(Which are only two pokemon :sick: ), they are lvl 33...Oh and I forgot, I might replace snorlax with blissey, or put both on my team, or stay, but I really like blissey and I for sure am gonna get one

Here it is:

Electivire/Adamant/Expert Belt
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
Ability: Motor Drive

Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Cross Chop
Standard set, no comment really.
Salamence/Lonely(Yes I know it's bad but w/e)/Focus Sash
EV's:252 Attack 252 speed 6 HP
Abilty: Intimidate

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Hmm... Pretty good, not bad at all. Aside from it should being either Adament/Jolly, yeah. You might really consider changing it though, it needs its defenses to even attempt ddance. Of course you have focus sash, but up against something like a Weavile with Ice Shard, your most likely screwed.
Skarmory/Lax/Chesto Berry(I bet you know why)
EV's: I don't exactly know, I got it from PokeChamp(Thanks alot, big part of my team), and I for sure know it has great defence and is trained in Defence, so 252 Defence(PokeChamp said it will have 403 defence when lvl 100 and I trust him)
Ability: Keen Eye

Spikes(Can you use it more than once to get more damage on their team? I don't really know....)
Toxic
Fly(I would really like Drill Peck better, but it's an egg move)
Rest(What's the Chesto Berry for?)
You can use spikes three times, and Drill Peck is much better. It's defense can reach 416 also. You might want to change it's nature to Impish though once again. You only want to go something hindering against defenses usually on Mixed Set Choice Scarf Pokemon.
Snorlax/Modest(Sucks I know but before then I thought modest raised Sp.Def.....)/Leftovers
EV's:252 HP or 252 sp. def and 126 attack and 126 Sp. Def or 126 HP(I forgot)
Ability:Immunity

Rest
Sleep Talk
Earthquake
Body Slam
I've fought this plenty of times. It looks fine in my opinion, but levitating ghosts will screw this over so easily. Just remember that, since you have Body Slam as the general STAB move, your basically left with sticking with eq, or using something like crunch/pursuit. You can give up Sleep Talk with Curse too maybe... And once again bad nature. Anything that hinders Sp Attack and boosts one of the defenses or Adament will do.
Tyranitar/Adamant/Leftovers or Focus Sash, I don't know, please help me on this. I switched to leftovers because not that many pokemon killed it in one hit with focus sash.
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Defence, and 6 HP

Stone Edge
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Lolz consider yourself lucky for not being ohko'd. Have you tried Life Orb? Otherwise basic leftovers is fine. Standard ddance set so nothing much to comment on. May take a few more dragon dances to get your speed up though o_O
Gengar/Modest/Focus Sash(I don't know what item so I stuck with this)
EV's:I can tell it's not EV trained....But it has good stuff and everything so I'm gonna berry it and then EV it.
Ability: Levitate

Substitute(I wanna take this out with hypnosis....I most of the time use it first but since it's not EV trained BOOM focus sash saves it and no more substitute for me)
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast
You got your stab with Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb which is nice. Focus Blast is risky but still perfectly fine. Don't give it Focus Sash if you have substitute T.T The point of substitute isn't to ruin focus sash ._. Anyways if you want to stick with Focus Sash, teach that thing Explosion/Destiny Bond which is a common thing to do. Otherwise trade it with hypnosis and give it wide lens.
I basically said all the things that I didn't like and stuff bout my team.
Basic ou team I suppose. You need to really upgrade your team. Fix their natures and aim for higher iv's. Also, experiment with different Pokemon. You'd be surprised how much more flexible it is using pokemon in different tiers to decrease your opponents predictablity. Because as stated, everyone knows what those pokemon would normally come with.

Oh, and sandstorm once again hurts your team more then helps. Otherwise save ttar for late game and to negate weather effects done by your opponent.

Last edited:
Wuddle I'm gonna redo my snorlax for sure, skarmory no I don't wanna redo that, I think nothing you said bout my skarmory bothers me, thanks for the spikes info. Salamence is looking pretty good in my opinion in battles, so I'm keeping that. I said what I'm doing with gengar, and yes I've tried life orb tyranitar and when I was using life orb I was thinking choice band t-tar, but i said NO WAY when I forgot that it had dragon dance.....But you didn't answer this...I will repeat it:

Very basic team....I mean VERY....So many OU pokemon....I'm deciding what to use, electivire(My very first EV trained pokemon), or starmie, I heard that starmie is faster, and ice punch won't really take out a garchomp...or will it? How much does the expert belt increase it by? Sorry if wrong section, and if so can it take out a good EV trained garchomp w/ good natures and stuff? So I'm deciding between starmie and electivire, and also what are good OU pokemon? I'm deciding what to get for an OU team cuz I'm gonna make one. Oh wow, I never really noticed, but when my EV trained pokemon by me are fully ev trained and have full movesets and stuff and are finished training(Which are only two pokemon), they are lvl 33...Oh and I forgot, I might replace snorlax with blissey, or put both on my team, or stay, but I really like blissey and I for sure am gonna get one

Slimi said:
Wuddle I'm gonna redo my snorlax for sure, skarmory no I don't wanna redo that, I think nothing you said bout my skarmory bothers me, thanks for the spikes info. Salamence is looking pretty good in my opinion in battles, so I'm keeping that. I said what I'm doing with gengar, and yes I've tried life orb tyranitar and when I was using life orb I was thinking choice band t-tar, but i said NO WAY when I forgot that it had dragon dance.....But you didn't answer this...I will repeat it:

Very basic team....I mean VERY....So many OU pokemon....I'm deciding what to use, electivire(My very first EV trained pokemon), or starmie, I heard that starmie is faster, and ice punch won't really take out a garchomp...or will it? How much does the expert belt increase it by? Sorry if wrong section, and if so can it take out a good EV trained garchomp w/ good natures and stuff? So I'm deciding between starmie and electivire, and also what are good OU pokemon? I'm deciding what to get for an OU team cuz I'm gonna make one. Oh wow, I never really noticed, but when my EV trained pokemon by me are fully ev trained and have full movesets and stuff and are finished training(Which are only two pokemon), they are lvl 33...Oh and I forgot, I might replace snorlax with blissey, or put both on my team, or stay, but I really like blissey and I for sure am gonna get one
Lol i honestly ignored that part after reading through the first two lines. It sounded like a blonde person talking fast [no offense to blondes] Expert Belt is supposed to be a +20% increase to the base power of the super effective attack. Ice Punch should be OHKOing Garchomp I think. But however Garchomp is faster then Electivire. If you use Ice Beam with Starmie, I still think it Ohko's it and Starmie is faster.

WuddlePook said:
Lol i honestly ignored that part after reading through the first two lines. It sounded like a blonde person talking fast [no offense to blondes] Expert Belt is supposed to be a +20% increase to the base power of the super effective attack. Ice Punch should be OHKOing Garchomp I think. But however Garchomp is faster then Electivire. If you use Ice Beam with Starmie, I still think it Ohko's it and Starmie is faster.
So should I use starmie or electivire? And should I use blissey or snorlax or both? Or should I use starmie AND electivire?

Slimi said:
So should I use starmie or electivire? And should I use blissey or snorlax or both? Or should I use starmie AND electivire?
If you were to use Starmie, I don't think that Gengar would be necessary as they are both looking like Special sweepers. If you wanted to choose between the two though, I think Starmie>Electivire just because of the speed difference. I'm not a particularly big fan of the pink fatass, but I'd say use Blissey if you want to garruntee a solid sp def wall. Otherwise your other fatass walls good too.

WuddlePook said:
If you were to use Starmie, I don't think that Gengar would be necessary as they are both looking like Special sweepers. If you wanted to choose between the two though, I think Starmie>Electivire just because of the speed difference. I'm not a particularly big fan of the pink fatass, but I'd say use Blissey if you want to garruntee a solid sp def wall. Otherwise your other fatass walls good too.
Lol! Fatass! Well okay this is gonna be my different team combinations:

My OU sets:

Electivire
Salamence
Gengar
T-tar
Blissey
Skarmory

Electivire
Salamence
Starmie
T-tar
Blissey
Skarmory

Electivire
Garchomp(I wanna get one, it's pretty popular)
Gengar
T-tar
Blissey
Skarmory

Electivire
Garchomp
Starmie
T-tar
Blissey
Skarmory

What's some good UU pokemon?

http://neoseeker.com/forums/24412/t933908-neoseeker-diamond-pearl-tier-list-2007-round-4-updated-8-6-07/

use that, it isn't 100% completely right, but I'm pretty sure the uu's and crap like that are okay

sorry for my laziness lol

Back