Official "Which Game Should I Buy Or Rent"

ok. My birthday was on Monday and i got $400 dollars from all my family

I've gone down to that i want to spend no more than $250 on games

Heres a list of a few games that i had in mind

Mario and Sonic at Olympic games(i've played before and unlocked all but 3 events-IMPOSSIBLE TO GET)

Mario super charged soccer(never played the other one, if there was one. Is it any good?)

Link's Crossbow training(i got stickers-for the zapper, from a magazine and the game sounds pretty good... But it is worth buying it? and how much does it cost)

Wario Ware. i was thinking of Renting this at the video store on Friday, so i don't know if it's gonna be worth buying

Super Smash Bros Brawl-i will get this when it is realesed in Australia, no matter what

WII point cards? 2-3k points?

um i've heard and played a bit of this Zelda pack where you can play every zelda game made(similar to Sonic, mega collection plus) from number 1-majora's mask)

And my last idea of a game is Mario party 8

Any comment on the games will be very helpfull. and if you could suggest any other games that would be good too But i mainly enjoy cartoonish games, aka mario, sonic, link... and i don't play to much of the blood and guts/racing games

roanlo zol said:
ok. My birthday was on Monday and i got $400 dollars from all my family

I've gone down to that i want to spend no more than $250 on games

Heres a list of a few games that i had in mind

Mario and Sonic at Olympic games(i've played before and unlocked all but 3 events-IMPOSSIBLE TO GET)

Mario super charged soccer(never played the other one, if there was one. Is it any good?)

Link's Crossbow training(i got stickers-for the zapper, from a magazine and the game sounds pretty good... But it is worth buying it? and how much does it cost)

Wario Ware. i was thinking of Renting this at the video store on Friday, so i don't know if it's gonna be worth buying

Super Smash Bros Brawl-i will get this when it is realesed in Australia, no matter what

WII point cards? 2-3k points?

um i've heard and played a bit of this Zelda pack where you can play every zelda game made(similar to Sonic, mega collection plus) from number 1-majora's mask)

And my last idea of a game is Mario party 8

Any comment on the games will be very helpfull. and if you could suggest any other games that would be good too But i mainly enjoy cartoonish games, aka mario, sonic, link... and i don't play to much of the blood and guts/racing games
soccer and Mario pary are really fun...BRAWL will be awesome!!!! and warioWare is alright

Wario Ware. Is it worth buying? or should i just rent it at video shop on FRiday(tomorrow)

Is link's crossbow training any good? i mainly want so i can put the skin covers i got, on it... But i heard you can use it for other games, Mario galaxy rings a bell on that one(already got it)

Oh and is Sonic wildfire a good game(sonic and secret rings)

Last edited:
roanlo zol said:
Wario Ware. Is it worth buying? or should i just rent it at video shop on FRiday(tomorrow)

Is link's crossbow training any good? i mainly want so i can put the skin covers i got, on it... But i heard you can use it for other games, Mario galaxy rings a bell on that one(already got it)

Oh and is Sonic wildfire a good game(sonic and secret rings)

wario ware=rent

links crossbow training =buy
(just beacause the zapper is the sweetest thing to hold!!!)

sonic and the secret rings= ¿?¿
iheared it got an "okay" score(5-7 out of 10 ish.)

super mario strikers charged (the original was AMAZING!!! )

or..........

super paper mario ( i heared it was sweet)

Floydd said:
A friend of mine bought and said it was really good. So I guess it is.
The 1st two are completely different though. and personally i think the new 1 is the WORST by far. that being said, i still found it a lot of fun, i'd say its worth the money as long as your ok with it not being anything like the 1st two.

Wario ware has mixed reviews from people. A lot of people here like it but my friend got it and really disliked it. It's ok in concept but its only fun if you have friends over a lot who are going to play with you. Personally I think it uses the wiimote in a lot of different ways, but its not really a good game persay. Kind of just shows what the wiimote can do.

I'm thinking I'm going to let myself splurge on crossbow training. Maybe you should too. It's only $20. I think it'd be more worth getting than a wii points card. I honestly wouldn't get a wii points card unless there is something you want on the VC in particular. If you buy the card then you'll just waste the money on something you'll think will be fun but you won't really play after the initial excitement wears off.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm about to get the Wii soon I think (Woo!). My dad mentioned possibly getting one so yeah, what game do you recommend I get first?

ok thanks guys... i will get the link crossbow thing... and the mario soccer

i'll have a look at the reviews on gamespot(the only good review place i actually know, other than some magazines)

And because i'm a bit of a nerd, i'm gonna spend $100 on a huge SSBB poster on ebay(includes postage). look on ebay if you wanna see some.. jsut don't bid on a cheap one. thats mine. look on the BUY IT NOW ONES. there's usally 5-10 copies avalible...
Tell you what i got later
See-ya

Floydd said:
Hey guys I'm about to get the Wii soon I think (Woo!). My dad mentioned possibly getting one so yeah, what game do you recommend I get first?

Its hard to say theres a wide range of good things out right now. Are you looking for adventure single player? Fun online play? Something you can play when friends are over?

Skorp said:
Its hard to say theres a wide range of good things out right now. Are you looking for adventure single player? Fun online play? Something you can play when friends are over?

Possibly all three? Lol. But something that has a decent single player, and a fun and massive online base.

Well the best single players aren't going to have good online. I suppose I'd suggest mario striker's charged or medal of honor heroes 2 for good online multiplayer. Or just wait for brawl or mariokart. Those will be good all round. Great single player games are mario galaxy, zelda twilight princess, and metroid prime 3.

Well I'm for sure going have games lent to me left and right. All my friends that have Wiis want me to get one too and they're all offering to lend their games. And yeah Brawl is going be something worth getting definitely.

Yeah if you can lend single players games I would say just do that for now then get brawl and mario kart. People will be playing those for a while, they'll have great replay value and gaurenteed fun.

Back