Old NES, SNES, N64 ports

laney327

WiiChat Member
Jun 28, 2006
I am wondering if you guys could help me...after salivating over the Wii's release I have a desire to play some of the old games. I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what games have been ported over. So far I know that there is:

1. Zelda Collectors Disc
2. Mega Man Collection
3. Sonic games

Can anyone let me know if there are anymore. Thanks.

Hmm.. thats all that I really know of..DS Mario 64 is kind of one. If Ill look for ya and let you know if I find any. I definately recommend playing the Zelda Collectors Disc tho ;)

Also the Bonk games from the turbofax have been ported. They were on the demo version.

Trust me I know

dwaltin said:
Hmm.. thats all that I really know of..DS Mario 64 is kind of one. If Ill look for ya and let you know if I find any. I definately recommend playing the Zelda Collectors Disc tho ;)

Yeah I have the Mega man and the Zelda Disc. I was actually playing Zelda II yesterday. For some reason that game really grows on me. I just ordered the Hori Digital Gamepad so that I can play that Zelda I, and the Megaman games off a real D pad. I still can't believe that they didn't and haven't ported A link to the past.

Have you ever played the Masterquest Disc. I was wondering how different it was and if it was fun even after playing ocarina.

No Ive never actually played it, just ocarina. I was also going to tell you there are alot of remakes one the GBA from the NES and SNES, such as A Link to the Past and Metriod, if you have a GBA you may wanna check those out.

edit: or could download game emulators, you could find almost any old school game you wanted and just download it (dont ask me about them tho I havnt had much luck of getting the games I want to work much)

dwaltin said:
No Ive never actually played it, just ocarina. I was also going to tell you there are alot of remakes one the GBA from the NES and SNES, such as A Link to the Past and Metriod, if you have a GBA you may wanna check those out.

edit: or could download game emulators, you could find almost any old school game you wanted and just download it (dont ask me about them tho I havnt had much luck of getting the games I want to work much)

Yeah I've tried those because my SNES is sucking it up right now but I still have the actual A link to the past game. You just have to play them on your computer and they don't really look that great, though the only fun one is that I can play on my laptop.

Well the majority of the emulators i played it wasnt that they were crapy versions it was mainly the controls sucked and you couldnt change them on most of them, MegaMan X controls were like A-move forward Z-move left X-move right D-move down Q-shoots. It left you thinking :wtf:

If you have a PC and a good emulation software (or really look for one!) then the emulators should be flexible and adjust to your keyboard configuration. Ive got N64 & GBA emulator and the actual consoles but I mainly use the emulators for playing games that are almost impossible to find on the N64 or GBA such as A Link To the Past and certain obsolete games that I still enjoy playing (even though they deal with very basic 3D or 2D graphics).

For me graphics are not the ultimate in gameplaying only the originality of the games themselves. If they're clear and easy to navigate due to a certain level of graphic capability then thats all the better!

If you want to look for good emulators or games themselves you can PM me

About the nostalgia that the wii will offer with playing old games I'd look forward to playing them as they would be played on the game console and the controller that will come with the wii would be better suited to the games themselves. Imagine trying to play a joystick sensitive 3D N64 game on your PC when you only have arrow buttons and simple digital precision, not analog precision...

Im sure Nintendo will give wii'ers access to every game made for the consoles that were made in the past provided they *cough* up the cash to pay for these games.

Cheers Stuart

Back