Pay to Play may help Smash online out a bit?

bamblakopz said:
I don't know... You could have it that the non pay to play users don't even see a new option... so that it doesn't even get in the way! I don't see how they could get sued for something like this... Y not have an exception?

it would be impossible for the people who bought the game to not konw that there are parts of the online experience that they are missing.

when nintendo announced wifi they said it's online would be completely free which is why later when they wanted to add pay to play they had to make an announcement conerning pay to play in addition to adding the clause that all the new games which needs pay to play has a separate logo which has to be be clear to the consumers that the game is not completely free.

this means that because the the brawl game that we have has the blue logo indicating that the game is completely free online there is a guarentee to the consumer that they are also buying the "completely free online" experience. Thus if they were to implement Pay to play on this game it would cause problems.

Once Nintendo gets their head in the game and fixes their online system big time, I'll be willing to pay for it. I wouldn't care much for a ranked system. I would prefer more options in the With Anyone game modes. Being able to see their usernames would be nice. And instead of it's random matchmaking, have a lobby with people hosting games so that you can join or host your own game.

Unfortunatley, I don't see that happening in a LONG time. As far as pleasing their fans goes, Nintendo is the worst.

Last edited:
Then they can make an announcement that from now on smash bros brawl will have the other logo and the old ones can get an update... People would be happy, not mad.... Dang selfish people if they get upset that other people can do extra things just for a bit more money....

bamblakopz said:
Then they can make an announcement that from now on smash bros brawl will have the other logo and the old ones can get an update... People would be happy, not mad.... Dang selfish people if they get upset that other people can do extra things just for a bit more money....

that would be kind of hard as well

consider this case.... you buy a brand new car that has 200 horsepower.. however after you buy it the car company says that sorry ... rite now u will have to pay every month to use that full 200 horsepower otherwise you will only be able to use 160.

since there are already millions of copies of SSBB sold, it would be inevitable for people to complain if that happened.. also Sakurai already said that there will be no downloadable content and therefore will not use the Pay to Play system.

and on the case of pay to play, most likely in the future the games which require that will be MMO's, and or games with downloadable content.

They woulden't be able to do that. Those who bought a special wi-fi but are unable to pay to use it would be pissed. Like myself. I bought one specially for brawl and if I would have to pay ontop of that I would be very upset.

I disagree, I don't think Nintendo would do that to their customers.

Clish said:
that would be kind of hard as well

consider this case.... you buy a brand new car that has 200 horsepower.. however after you buy it the car company says that sorry ... rite now u will have to pay every month to use that full 200 horsepower otherwise you will only be able to use 160.

since there are already millions of copies of SSBB sold, it would be inevitable for people to complain if that happened.. also Sakurai already said that there will be no downloadable content and therefore will not use the Pay to Play system.

and on the case of pay to play, most likely in the future the games which require that will be MMO's, and or games with downloadable content.

No, its more like this... You buy car that has 200 horsepower and then the company says if you want 240 horsepower you can pay extra... I don't see how that would make ppl upset...

How about this.........
What if there was a new Smash Bros Channel like that of Mario Kart wii...... All of a sudden your stats do get saved on brawl, u just can't see it anywhere unless u go to the channel....... is this a possibility?

bamblakopz said:
No, its more like this... You buy car that has 200 horsepower and then the company says if you want 240 horsepower you can pay extra... I don't see how that would make ppl upset...

How about this.........
What if there was a new Smash Bros Channel like that of Mario Kart wii...... All of a sudden your stats do get saved on brawl, u just can't see it anywhere unless u go to the channel....... is this a possibility?

actually i guess it should be more like they announced that there was going to ONLY be 200 hp on the car, so ppl who want performance bought the 200 hp car.. however after they got the car the compnay announced that you can pay for extra.. however it would out of the person budget, they could have gotten another car with the additional money. .. thus it would be unfair to him

Clish said:
actually i guess it should be more like they announced that there was going to ONLY be 200 hp on the car, so ppl who want performance bought the 200 hp car.. however after they got the car the compnay announced that you can pay for extra.. however it would out of the person budget, they could have gotten another car with the additional money. .. thus it would be unfair to him
.......... I will disagree......
How about a SSBB Channel download like Mario Kart wii... and everyones stats from online and non online will now be tallied up... Would that work?

So I have a lawsuit for my computer going out of date 2 months after I bought it, since processor speeds/ram might be increased after I bought the top of the line?

They will not have a rank board, the developer already doesn't believe in it. They can not update anything in game since it's a disc. Pay to play won't happen on Brawl. Happy dreams but dreams none the less. We're stuck with the online as it is now, either you get used to it (it may or may not improve connection wise) or you dump it. If you're that nuts about ranking there's websites that you can register and they have a ladder or something.

bamblakopz said:
.......... I will disagree......
How about a SSBB Channel download like Mario Kart wii... and everyones stats from online and non online will now be tallied up... Would that work?
that would be fine, it is just that nintendo charing for online for brawl would be vary slim, there is a higher chance of them just adding an extra channel to give us the stats... ^^

but there is also the possibility for MarioKari Wii that the extra stuff will require Pay to Pay ... since the game is not released yet nintendo is not bounded to the normal logo.

goober_nut said:
So I have a lawsuit for my computer going out of date 2 months after I bought it, since processor speeds/ram might be increased after I bought the top of the line?

nope, because the newer computers are not yours, as well as your computer being depreciated because it has become outdate... they are two different things...

you can have a lawsuit if the computer you bought was a limited edition and the compnay said they won't produce any more but they did .

Main point is... there is a very very slim chance that nintendo will impliment Pay to Play due to the restrictions that they placed on themselves.. thats final

Last edited:
goober_nut said:
THANK YOU!

Clish said:
see response above ^^
lol, i guess i just don't agree with u that much... lets agree to disagree.... :D

Back