pin number

JayAre561

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2007
hey guys...i bought my wii off ebay (used). And everything worked perfectly fine at first. (surprisingly!) but anyways, when i try to connect to the internet it says i need a pin number due to parental controls. i emailed the seller and he claims he didn't set it to anything. i tried stuff like "0000" "1234" etc... nothing...

you guys know any ways to get around this? or if there is a default number or something.

thanks in advance.

someone had already posted this on wiichat, please attempt to use the search funtion located on the right hand side of the thread in the future

what you need to do is contact the person you bought the wii from and ask them what the pin code is. nintendo will NOT give it to you over their hotline.

thats basically the only thing

The seller must have set a pin code, so far we don't know how to get past it. Call Nintendo.
Also, seeing as you are a new member, I'll tell you about the search bar on the right hand side of the page. There are many MANY threads already about this, if you use the search bar you will find them and not have to create another thread! Thanks:)

i did use te search bar.

is there any way to do a hard reset on the console? so it's like new

Just tried, you need the pin to perform a format. anything else?

ohh man umm i think your best bet is to ask the previous owner what he thinks the pin could be....

i asked the dude, he just said he doesnt remember entering one. he suggested 0000 1234 etc... but i asked him about his birthday, and stuff like that. things he could have cognitively entered. i'm still waiting on that reply.

Lol used things...what did you expect would happen. Half the time these products are in horrible condition. The other times they look decent but work horribly. If you're smart you'll return it ASAP and get your money back.

I just had a crazy theory, what if he sold it to you because his parents put the parental control on it so now he can buy a new wii without his parents knowing! And now he's gonna say that he didn't put parental controls on it! I know it's crazy but that might just be the reason. If you still can't get the parental controls off tell Nintendo that it shipped with them...lol..and they might send you a new one. good luck! :)

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol used things...what did you expect would happen. Half the time these products are in horrible condition. The other times they look decent but work horribly. If you're smart you'll return it ASAP and get your money back.

I couldn't agree more. I NEVER buy used stuff lol.
I'd really **** with him until he told you the Pass lol [Send LOADS of E-Mails]
Whats the pass for? 16+ games etc?

MasterJedi2U said:

I disagree. Used things can turn out shitty or they can save you loads. I got my Wii used once and ended up snagging it on ebay for only 150 dollars + shipping. The only games I've bought in stores are Zelda and Wario Ware, the other four games I have I've snagged off ebay for 20-30 dollars used. It's a matter of finding a good seller. On ebay I don't even look at auctions unless the seller has a feedback rating of at least 98%. All 4 games I bought came with their manuals and have worked flawlessly, only saving me 20 bucks a pop.

Back