Played the PS3

Nice triple post. And like I said if you work for Nintendo then ya you should be pissed off but since you don't and it doesn't affect you in a bad way then you shouldn't care. It just makes it better for us. But I do have to admit the PS3 controller was kinda half assed.

ABC said:
Why do you think I haven't replied to this kid. He is clearly pulling crap out of his ass.

Ummm, right, there's something a bit off about this. Anyway, the PS3, I used to want it, because it had exclusives. I'm an absolute GTA nut, but when E3 rolled around, they announced the price, and I kind of slumped in my seat and thought, "Crap, now I have to work like an extra two weeks to buy the thing..." And then Rockstar came out and said, 360 and PS3 get GTA IV on the same day. At that moment the 360 started looking awesome. Since then I think lots of developers have realized the same thing rockstar has. Your average consumer doesn't know what a cell processor is, doesn't use an HDTV, and doesn't have an extra thousand bucks lying around to invest in a GAME system.

If I were to go out right now, if I could, and spend almost a grand on a PS3 and a couple accessories, I would be disowned by my family and friends so fast. That's so much money, FOR A GAME! That's what it is people, A GAME!

paintba||er said:
Nice triple post. .

thanks.:smilewinkgrin: and yea it was half assed...without thinking about the ps fans they ripped out the rumble feature to make room for the 6 axis..and i know i speak for MOST people when i say that more people would prefer to have somer rumble in their games than the ability to tilt **** during a war game.

But the whole console isn't based on the controller. I couldn't care less if it has rumble or tilt sensing. I will still end up geting one. Probably wait until the price goes down though. Or at least till theres some good games out for it that I can't just get for my 360.

Break

After reading the entire thread, I feel compelled to say: it is break -- not brake.

I'm curious to see how well the PS3 sells. As of now, it is merely scalpers and hardcore fans that are buying the system. I wonder how many of the EBay systems will be sold and paid. And paid is the key to that statement.

Graphics are important (an improvement in graphics) for the next generation. The Wii has made an improvement over the last generation consoles.

Both the PS3 and the Wii are selling each and everyone of you hype. I love coming to forums and reading arguments that are quotes of speeches that were made by company executives.

Some of the greatest games I have ever played were text games with ansi graphics. I still play them at times.

What I hear about the PS3 . . . it isn't enough for me personally to drop that kind of cash for a system.

Sony is fighting for the current market. Nintendo is attempting to redefine it. Who will win? I THINK Nintendo will. We will see.

I'm a filmmaker. Cognitive film theory explains why films (which are shot in 24 frames per second) cause us to react in a physiologically identical way as real life situations.

Why? Because our eyes and minds are unable to distinguish between real life and 24 frames per second. What does this mean to gaming? It means that great graphics and good graphics will affect us in the same way.

In fact, the majority of people prefer the look of film (which isn't at all similar to HD) over HD.

Just musing here. I don't believe graphics will win this war.

But see, the war isn't really going on. Nintendo is in a different category... pitching their system to a completely different group of people. Most hardcore gamers laugh at the Wii. The 360 sells great but will never succeed in Japan. The Ps3 is the worlds console selling good in most regions just like the Ps2 did. You need to read between the lines and see how each company is marketing and pitching their console before making bold statements like you did above. The war is less of a war than you actually think.

Since I am at a Nintendo environment forum, I knew there would be Nintendo Fanboys here. Anyway, the Ps3 doesn't 'suck', as you'd like to put it. The Ps3 obviously does have higher processing power than the Wii, as well as being able to read more FPS at a higher pace. The Ps3 is a computer, as Sony's President has quoted many times. He doesn't want it be compared to a gaming console. The Ps3 at the moment is highly overpriced, and for reasons that many see as good reasons for the price range, I don't. First off, I don't have an HDTV, nor am I highly interested in Blu-ray. The Ps3's launch titles, do in fact lack in Ps3 exclusives, but that doesn't mean it 'sucks'. Here's a list of many upcoming Ps3 games:

-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy XIII Versus
-Kingdom Hearts III
-Tekken 6
-Virtual Fighter 5
-Devil May Cry 4
-DarkSector
-Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Special edition in Ps3)
-Metal Gear Solid
-Resident Evil 5
-Rainbow Six: Vegas
-Unreal Tournament 2007
-Heavenly Sword
-Harker
-Turok
-Alone in the Dark

And that's just the ones that I currently know of, I'm pretty sure there's plenty more that are even untitled. And if you've never heard of Unreal Tournament, it's a game in which you pretty much customize a character, then send them off into futuristic battles and kill people. It's actually pretty cool playing online. The Ps3's price surely does 'suck', but saying a system sucks because you're simply a fanboy...now that truly does...'suck'.

I think this is a wonderful argument to read.
My opinion is, that on paper the PS3 is far better graphically, so will look and sound amazing I'm sure of it! I would get one but I can’t shell out that much money I don’t think it’s worth it at the moment, but luckily the Wii is coming out which I think is such a brilliant idea that is why I am going for it, the fun aspect and getting a lot of people involved playing is going to be brilliant, and the cost is perfect. So I think if someone can sit there and have a great time playing the Wii it doesn’t matter what Sony, Microsoft or anyone is doing, they could have much better graphics etc but doesn’t matter, again with people playing the PS3 if there happy great. I will get a PS3 but it’s not out until March here in the UK so end of next year you’ll probably be able to get one and the price may have dropped a bit, but until then I am going to be playing the Wii with this wonderful new way of playing and hopefully loving every minute of it!!!

Morning all (well at least it's morning over her in England).

Just been reading this post and thought i would get my views across.

Firstly lay off ABC everyone - maybe he is a bit quick to attack people but then maybe he has the right he has stated in this post that he is getting a Wii and knows that he will love it so why the attack?

It is jsut as irrational to attack the PS3 as it is for people to attack the WIi with no solid argument. I personally believe that Sony possibly have made few silly mistakes this time round (the price being the main one) but time will tell on this front. I doubt very much i ill get a PS3 mainly cos i cannot justify paying that much for a console but also because i do not have an HD TV yet and to be honest what is the point. And i am kind of in the same camp as well it is just a PS2 with, without question, the best graphics seen on a home console. But to be fair up until the Wii what has any new console been apart forom a graphically superior version of the original? From NES to Cube, Master system to Dreamcast and PS1 to PS3 it has always been the same and no one really cared about this before. It is only now that we have something different (ie Wii) that people are casuing such a fuss.

I brought my PS1 purely for Final Fantasy 7 - a series lost by Nintendo due to their own bad choices in the past. And in fact my PS2 was bought purely for FF X. I have lost my love of the FInal Fantasy games over the last couple (Online RPGs just do not do anything for me) however the FF series is one i hold higher than almost all others so i may end up getting a PS3 purely for this. I relaise that may sound foolish but here is my point. Gaming is all about one thing - the games. In my opinion Nintendo makes the best games but again that is preference, i have been playing Nintendo games for 20 years so mario, zelda etc will always bring a fond feeling of nostalgia but ince the PS1 brought lots more people into gaming (and the demise of SEGA consoles) they are bought up on your Ridge Racers and Tomb Raiders and Resident Evils and so it is these games that they first played and the same must be true for them. Anywho i feel i am getting of topic. The one thing i will state is i read a review type thing about Call of Duty on all three next gen and they said the graphics are fantastic on PS3 and Xbox and they have multiplayer however the Wii has the new way to play with the controllers and it sounds pretty cool. Personally i would never buy Call of Duty - not my thing but i would definitely rent the Wii version purely for the new experience...it is here where nintendo possibly have found a way to win this alleged console war, i remain slightly skeptical that the Wii is a gimmick but i thought the same about the DS and now wonder how we ever got on without it!

All in all there will be no winner to htis war, certain people will never buy a nintendo consle and vice versa, sales figures alone don't really proove anything. At the end of the day if you are a happy gamer then so be it, and if you are missing out on something then you won't ever know so what is hte problem. CAn we not give all this a rest now?

ABC - enjoy your consoles. You will have all three and therefore have the best gaming experience possible. THe rest of us with just a Wii will be deleriously happy with what we got, i don't know why we have to shout at you about it?

I love these kind of debates.

Personally, I've never been one for choosing sides here, though I do have a tendency to root for the little guy (in this case Nintendo).

The PS3 will not suck. Sony aren't going to go from being the number one console manufacturer to being rubbish overnight. As ABC said the 3 major companies are targeting different markets. There is plenty of space for all 3 companies to exist and survive.

The PS3 will have stunning graphics and a massive selection of games. Plus it will have Blu-Ray and for anyone thinking of buying a Blu-Ray player a $600 PS3 might be considered a bargain. Of course there are provisos. If Blu-Ray fails then we are back in betamax territory.

Personally, I'm buying a Wii. I will probably get a PS3 one day, but right now the cost is just not worth it as I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the value. The concept of the Wii is different and for me offers a new level of gameplay. Having said all that, I'm still disappointed that the Wii won't have the graphical beauty of the PS3.

Each to their own. ABC, keep on being unbiased as it's a welcome change on forums like these.

Staggly said:
ABC - enjoy your consoles. You will have all three and therefore have the best gaming experience possible. THe rest of us with just a Wii will be deleriously happy with what we got, i don't know why we have to shout at you about it?

Thank you, and I most definitely will. Not only that but I will post about each one and hopefully try to educate some people about each one equally. The thing that really gets me going is people that blindly bash a console because it is manufactured by a certain company. That is a step below racist if you ask me. I mean Nintendo revived a fallen business with the NES... and that's where it all began... but then Sony brought this industry to an entire new level with the PS1. There should be equal respect given to each company for what they have done to this industry that we love and enjoy so much. And Microsoft is the new kid on the block trying to make a reputation for itself. They are getting there but even they admit that they still have lots to learn.

helmboy_nige said:
The PS3 will not suck. Sony aren't going to go from being the number one console manufacturer to being rubbish overnight. As ABC said the 3 major companies are targeting different markets. There is plenty of space for all 3 companies to exist and survive.

And this is what a lot of people that blindly bash consoles fail to realize. The gaming industry has turned into a 10 Billion + dollar a year industry... now that is some crazy ****. There is more than enough room for each console to thrive and succeed. And each company WILL thrive and succeed.

Edit - May I add that I have received PMs from two different members of these forum and they aren't happy with my arguments that bring facts and data to the table. Have I once flamed someone in any argument I bring to the table? Nope. I am open to a good argument... I am open to learning new things... what I am NOT open to is a group of ignorant morons who say stupid ****. And those people I will bring the heat to... if you two (un-named) people don't like it, either A.) deal with it or B.) bring a better argument to the table. And it's funny, the two people who PMed me didn't even try to dive into this great debate we are having here. Says a lot about both your quality and character.

Last edited:
I think that half of these people who are saying that the PS3 will suck probably have not even played it let alone seen it yet ABC :). IMO the PS3 will be great but i dont have the budget for its launch price. Maybe in a couple of years i may consider buying it, i dont know why there are so many haters here. Everyone hates anything thats not nintendo! Comeon guys, thats just plain hating. Its just someones opinion, and why would they be selling the PS3 if it was as bad as you guys are saying it is. I personally like the Wii much more than the PS3 but still, its going to be a good console. So all i really wanted to say was, lay off ABC, its just his opinion and he can do anything he wants with it. Secondly, stop with all the hating, its really annoying reading u guys continuosly crapping each others opinions. Thirdly, i just wanted to sat to Paintaballer, stop being the biggest hater. All your posts are just hate posts, i mean wtf is up with telling the new guy "Nice Triple Post"? HES ONLY GOT 14 POSTS GOD DAMMIT!

Yeah, so everyone just lay off each others opinions, i guess u can challenge them as everyone has their right for free speech but u dont have to make it all offensive or hate like.

Commodore64 eh ABC! Ahhhhh great memories - remember the Jeff Minter / Llamasoft titles?

I had a VIC20 before the 64...........those were the days.........tape loaders!

Wow I just went thru this whole tread and I love a good debate! First I would like to say I admire your passion ABC about your views on this issue. Let's face it you have a HD T.V., and will have all three systems good for you. I on the other hand will have my Wii and 360 and will enjoy Nintendo wii more and I'll tell you why. As far as graphics go THIS has always been the main point people go for who is the best, well Every game that has that power lack in another department. As I said in another tread Gameplay is the most important aspect, because after a whille you get used to that game and it leaves you wanting more and when you can't find it the game is pretty much done for. I love how nintendo is taking this new road, and yes Sony did bite off Nintendo Wiimote you can't deny that. PS3 is what it is a powerful system that will never reach it full potential because it will give Nintendo and microsoft room to grow ergo wasted money. I would never spent 600 dollars on a system that another system have the same capabilities, and as the hard drive who need that much space? 60gb stop playing!! The cell processor it boast about I mean if you get the system would you even know the difference or care. Yes nintendo is small and not up with the big boys as far as power BUT it can stand in line with them. I have a lot to say but I won't, so in closing I stand with Wii because it's new and fresh and I still believe Zelda kicks any PS3 game azz.

Back