PS3 slim review

but i wouldn't purchase the two port i'd get the 4 in the early edition. even if the hard drive is small i'll just throw in a terribite drive and i'm not sure you can do that on the slim someone help on that please?
the os can't be put on that was said already to the person who said what else besides the two ports difference. sorry can't remember and didn't bother to quote.

but i wouldn't purchase the two port i'd get the 4 in the early edition. even if the hard drive is small i'll just throw in a terribite drive and i'm not sure you can do that on the slim someone help on that please?
the os can't be put on that was said already to the person who said what else besides the two ports difference. sorry can't remember and didn't bother to quote.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see that as a good argument.

Yes, you can use other hard drives on the Slim.

As for the 4 USB ports in the early PS3s, I personally don't think it's a big deal to lose out on 2 ports if you got the Slim. You could always buy any off-brand USB hub to get extra ports. They would run at something like 20-30 bucks or less.

What else would you be doing with the extra ports anyway?

As for the OS situation, PS3 has its own browser anyhow. I'd say it would be just a matter of putting up with it, I guess. For anyone who wants the console primarily for gaming, the setbacks of the slim (in comparison to the PS3 fat) aren't a big deal, in my opinion.

Last edited:
i don't think they are either i'm arguing that i don't like setbacks at all ha ha. I in my opinion would just rather get the original, not the slim, i never said one was better just stated which i'd prefer. also i would never wanna give up the double backwards compatibility. i don't see the trade off besides the energy usage. i personally things the slim looks ugly.

Yeahhhh man. PS1 and PS2 BC is where it's at (if you get an old-school PS3, just keep in mind that no PS3 has complete PS2 compatibility).

If you want the most fully-featured PS3, get the 60 GB. It not only has the 4 USB ports, but the memory card slots as well ("memory card" as in flash cards, SD cards, etc.). You'll have to dig around to find it since they aren't in production.

Last edited:
Yeahhhh man. PS1 and PS2 BC is where it's at (if you get an old-school PS3, just keep in mind that no PS3 has complete PS2 compatibility).

If you want the most fully-featured PS3, get the 60 GB. It not only has the 4 USB ports, but the memory card slots as well ("memory card" as in flash cards, SD cards, etc.). You'll have to dig around to find it since they aren't in production.

ha ha i know thanks man. my brother did the same thing. he's just waiting for the terribite drive to come :]

That's one of the reasons why I'm a bit hesitant in purchasing a PS3 Slim (aside from it looking like a futuristic carpet sweeper). I still play my old PS2 games from time to time, but there's just no room for 3 consoles in our home theater, and having to keep the old PS2 and not be able to sell it off is just inconvenient. I'd hate to finally find a 60GB PS3 online for BC and it being horribly overpriced just because it's a "rare" item.

The PS3 slim is one of the worst kept and highly anticipated secrets in gaming. I think that the "cheap BluRay" argument is not as strong as it used to be. Although the PS3 slim is cheap the BluRays are expensive (Approx. US$25-30) for new releases.

To Sony's credit, I do like the new ad campaign. It's better than the creepy blackbirds that they had before.

Back