Playstation Vita Viva Revolution?

I lot people haven't experience Playstation Vita on the account of that it is currently more expensive that Playstation 3. They even avoid it because of the lace of software for the unit. Why spend that much, when there is nothing available for it? I bought for entertainment such as music (have no mp3 player) and for movies on the go (Digital Movies). I even surf the web and talk to my friend who has a playstation 3. I can understand the concerns people are having. I however; am having fun with the system, but it is rather limiting when only thing you can play are older Playstation Portable games. I've also heard that the Japanese consumers are now buying the system, but I'm assuming there must be games they want, that are going to come out for the Playstation Vita.

Edit button my friend, use it.

I'd get a Vita if I could afford it, I heard the software and hardware in that thing is amazing, being able to play Disgaea 4 on the go will be sweet too seeing as it isn't on a portable yet.

@Pichu2k7,

That's just it, I said people cannot experience this system, because they cannot afford it at this time. I'm not saying they do not want to or not wish to.

@WiiAssassin,

Why would Monster Hunter make you shell you money on the system? I wanted it because I was hoping for games like Assassin's Creed III or Black Ops. Although I'm not WANTING Black Ops, but hope that seeing people make selling games like that would get developers to make more games similar to that for the system.

Considering I've yet to even explore my PSP's catalogue of games, even if the Vita was laughably cheap, I wouldn't be gettin' one any time soon. The new Assassin's Creed on it would have to be godlike, and other must-buy games for me would have to show up on it, and quite a few at that. Sony certainly doesn't have my undivided attention in the handheld department like Ninty does.

... Or in terms of consoles either, which I still regret.

@WiiAssassin,

Why would Monster Hunter make you shell you money on the system? I wanted it because I was hoping for games like Assassin's Creed III or Black Ops. Although I'm not WANTING Black Ops, but hope that seeing people make selling games like that would get developers to make more games similar to that for the system.

Why would you want a port of something that will undoubtly be better on another system?

I on the other hand, have stuck to a series that works perfectly with portable systems.

@Pichu2k7,

That's just it, I said people cannot experience this system, because they cannot afford it at this time. I'm not saying they do not want to or not wish to.

@WiiAssassin,

Why would you want a Call of Duty on a portable system? The game series is bad enough as is it!

Everyone I know is hoping for a price drop soon so we can get our hands on a PS Vita, that and I forgot to mention last post that my PSP's D-Pad is humped now making a few games extremely difficult so a new portable console would be nice.

You couldn't possibly be implyin' every handheld import is ****?

Nah, I just dislike Call of Duty as a whole since how terribly bad MW2 was and Black Ops wasn't much better, there are a few good imports here and there but I never played any of them.

Mod edit: EDIT BUTTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

@Pichu2k7,

READ THE LAST SENTENCE!

Why would Monster Hunter make you shell you money on the system? I wanted it because I was hoping for games like Assassin's Creed III or Black Ops. Although I'm not WANTING Black Ops, but hope that seeing people make selling games like that would get developers to make more games similar to that for the system (BUT EVEN BETTER!).

Why would you want a port of something that will undoubtly be better on another system?

Good question, that depends on the game:

Super Mario 64 DS: No; Nothing really new, some changes, but no overall improvement over the original
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: Yes; Graphical update, +plus, the 3D makes Link look more human-like (as if he exists). Added Master Quests originally for N64DD (Failed).
Rayman 2 (3DS): No; No improvement whatsoever.
Star Fox 64 3DS: No Opinion; Not interested in the game.
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D | Mix; Bad framerate through cinematics, but the gameplays 3D worked like charm. I thought the controls were good, but others disagree.
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (Vita)| F*** No; 2 Games for $39.99? The PS3 had more than that for the same price!
Mortal Kombat (Vita): Yes; This game is as insane as the consoles version, but why the reduction of character polygons? Why not reduce the background instead?

It all depends on how the developer treats there games. In this case, they hand the game to other companies willing to port a title to a different gaming system they do not want to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I AM GETTING SICK OF WAITING FOR BETTER VITA GAMES! DAMN! HURRY UP PEOPLE! Plus Sony only mentioned 2-3 games coming for Vita at E3 when in game informer, stated that there were around probably 25 game demos available on the Sony floor there at California. I don't know, I'm not there.

Isn't the PS Vita getting it's own games soon say like a Disgaea 3 remake? Heck if the price was good i'd buy one just for another disgaea game.

Yes, Disgea 3 will be coming out with Wal-Mart pricing it at $39.96 for the Playstation Vita System.

There you go, a good game right there if you have the patience to understand a little thing in RPG's called Level grinding. Yes its boring in Disgaea but is it worth it? Heck yes! Those crazy numbers you can hit are all worth it!

In terms of autonomy the Vita is at least as good as the 3DS especially the 2000 version. I have a N3DS and I never had the impression that it held less well the load

After knowing if the console is worth it, it all depends mainly on your attraction for jap games and your knowledge of English. Because the good French or French games you will quickly go around even if recently we had the SAO , God Eater, DQ Builder, Odin Sphere, Ys Origins in translated game which we can soon added DanganRonpa V3 and Ys VIII.

Back