Wii Still Fear U: And Now I Don't Like U

BluRayPSP

TF2 Best Characters
Jul 7, 2009
Arkansas
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I seriously don't know what's wrong with Nintendo. The prices for the New Nintendo Wii U 8GB Model for $299.99 and the 32GB for $349.99. That does not reflect the Nintendo that I remember. I can go out and buy a Playstation 3 for $249.99 with 160GB of Memory or $299.99 for 320GB (which would come with a game). Even if Nintendo bundled the any of these systems with a game, the price does not reflect; I don't care about how much hardware comes along.

I also would like to add; who wants to pay $59.99 for the new Super Mario Bros. except for the idiots that continue to buy the crap even though it's the same S*** over, and over, and over. Assassin's Creed has a new label, but I think I enjoy wasting my time with the new world size, change of control's, plus with Assassin's Creed III around the corner, I may like the new direction it goes in. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii U; I hate it. I hate the side scrolling piece of s*** Mario games. God I can't describe why I hate so much, I just do.

What do you guys think of the Wii U? What do you think of the games being priced at $59.99? Especially since the Playstation Vita's version of a big open world game, Assassin's Creed III: Liberation being made by the same developer of the console version, is probably going to cost the same as all of the Vita games so far; $39.99.

Whoa! Careful there! All the heat from your post is blasting me in the face and burning off my eyebrows! LOL

Anyway, I don't think the price point is all THAT bad. This is the first release, and I am sure the price will drop in time. So far as games go, I like Mario games. They are fun, pure and simple. That's all they are meant to be. I'll buy the new Wii U when it comes out...and be happy about it!

As far as game pricing goes, I think they are reasonable...and they too will come down in price over time I believe.

Compared to the ps3, the WiiU is a ripoff. The price is too high and it doesn't have enough memory. But then Nintendo was never very good with memory, I was always running out of space on my Gamecube memory cards, and the wii system memory doesn't have much left over after having World of Goo, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask. But if consumers don't like the price, it'll drop off soon. The hundred dollar increase from the wii is probably due to the new controller and finally being HD.

$59.99 is the same as a typically priced PS3 game. And some people might want to play NSMB in HD?

BluRay amigo, your posts are always so damn fiery. :lol: Wish I could work up enough passion t' make my posts as interestin'.

NSMBU costs the full $60? ... Well, so much for those $50 games. =( Damnit Ninty. Ah well, I ain't gonna curse their name or nothin' over it. Gaming companies' major promises are comparable to politicians' agendas: sometimes, you discover certain promises can't be kept long after ya made 'em.

PS3 is last-gen; don'tchu dare get into the Wii U is current gen debate with me, it's a ****in' stupid argument; and received a price cut of 50%. While Ninty certainly doesn't supply the gigs Sony are price t' price, and there's no excuse for that, anyone needin' more than 8 gigs would happily buy their own hard drives anyways. Let's not forget that the Wii U's hard drive port is compatible with any typical hard drive, unlike Microsod's or Sony's machines. I've got a 100 GB hard drive for my 360, and I've used less than 20 of the gigs. If it were compatible with my other devices without some bullshit dock or converter, namely my PC, I'd of used ALL of 'em by now, namely for music storage 'n playin' said tunes on the "big" screen (... not that my TV is anythin' better than average).

That aside, I'm very much excited and lookin' forward to the Wii U. Many great launch titles and plenty of 1st party titles on the horizon to want badly. If Ninty is gettin' games like Darksiders 2 and AC:III on their roster at launch, I can only imagine what other companies will want their games on the Wii U if they sell well. And I damn-well predict they'll sell well if said games're great. The $300 price tag is also very good IMO. Better yet, the only accessory I'm required t' get will be a classic controller to replace my 'Cube controller. And that's only if I, by some chance, hate the Wii U controller. I doubt I will 'course, many people have compared it to a (utterly superior) 360 controller in terms of it's wieldin'.

The hundred dollar increase from the wii is probably due to the new controller and finally being HD.

Keep in mind the Wii's launch price was $250, a meager $50 less than the Wii U's standard bundle. For the improvements the Wii U offers; quite a few lol; I'd say that small gap in on-launch pricing is very impressive. Ninty definitely fought hard over keepin' the price as low as profitably possible, as many of their mid-development notes claimed. Now that we've got the results, it's clear they won that fight.

Last edited:
Same question I've asked you before. Have you actually....... played the games that you claimed you hate? New Mario game has yet to be released. Furthermore, if it's anything like the Wii game, it'll be a hit. Not only does it have the quality of classics like Mario Bros. 3, but you can get up to 4 people playing at once. Much more fun than ah.... having to deal with the trainwreck of a story that AC has.

Bad story, no story... Might as well be the same thing. :lol: Gameplay is all that really matters in the end, 'least for games like the above mentioned. Gameplay is the sole focus in said games. A great game can be great without a great story, it simply won't be a fantastic work of art, a masterpiece, nor a bar-setter for future titles in the end.

That aside, BluRay's complaints over the New Super Mario Bros. games are entirely valid. After the first two (the original on the DS and the first one on the Wii), they're just rehashes and re-releases that hardly deserve that full $60 price on release. New items, new levels. Sounds like it should merely be cheaper DLC, no? There's no continuation to a lovely story, no new deep game mechanics. It's the same game bein' repackaged over and over. A great and fun game indeed, but that's no excuse to milk a franchise like the way Ninty is doin'. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" can only cover so much.

Now, with that said, I'd say it's an insult t' Ubisoft comparing recent amalgamations of repetitiveness in the NSMB series to Assassin's Creed. Particularly III, from what's been seen so far.

Nope. Story is always important. Many games avoid hassles through a simple premise such as saving the princess. It's hard to find complaints in something so simple. Others become ambitious and create a masterpiece. In AC's case, they bit off more than they could chew.

The 2D mario games are a prime example of a game aging like fine wine. It's had 25 years with little changes to the formula. And, if anything, it's sold more now than during it's debut. I remember when one would have to wait an entire console generation just to play the next Mario or Zelda. Now people are complaining that it's too often. It's unsettling, really. Then there's the complain that it's too expensive. You've been exposed to too much DLC that it's blurring your view on what a full game really is.

Of course, AC started as a meh game. Some liked it, some didn't. The sequels picked it off the ground. But it's rather difficult seeing it become a classic years later, specially if one were to compare it to the Mario series.

I GOT IT! I'll combine what "WiiAssassin" said and what "SSBFreak" Said into how I would like to put it about Mario Games:

WiiAssassin: Not only does it have the quality of classics like Mario Bros. 3
SSBFreak: Gameplay is all that really matters

"Not only does the quality of classics like Super Mario Bros. 3", which a grew up and moved the f*** apart from,
because I felt the the "Gameplay" was better with Super Mario 64 and way better on Super Mario Sunshine which "is all that really mattered" to me in a Mario game. They even to the art out of Mario games; in Super Mario 64, the graphics were colorful, but hey did not say I'm just toony. I wanted a realistic looking fictional character that could do all of that, but no, that was taken away.

As far as the current gen, old gen, I also do not want the $300 piece of S*** because Nintendo Gamecube had higher processing power than the Playstation 3 and now Nintendo has gone retarded with their processing power in support of new controls they are going to f***ing give up on. Don't believe me, Nintendo Wii was originally made for motion controls that made you move. Yes you have a choice of still sitting on your ass, but you still had to move your arms. I believed in Nintendo's Wii, but they decided to shift with just hold the dumb ass controller sidways and do nothing, you lazy f*** that you seem to be. If I buy a system that they want you to move, that is how I want it tell the system dies. I got furious with the Nintendo because they said "Let's change the market to 2D pieces of s***" EVERYONE HAS A F***ING MOBILE PHONE! No, I do not have a mobile phone. I not a spoiled f***ing teenager that is handed tons of money buy his parents. I am poor and I cannot afford that s***. The 3DS was really f***ing awful in the sense that Nintendo has stated, that they do not care about the 3D anymore because mos t of the people that buy don't even f***ing use it. It doesn't matter the the Nintendo 3DS XL came out, they did it as a kind of Apple update sort of thing.

How poor am I? Not f***ing joking, I am very close to being f***ing homeless; why do think I'm angry all the time? I cannot provide for myself, there are not any jobs close to me. How I have a $500 computer and $249.99 Playstation Vita with a $59.99 Memory card. I'm just lucky, but not in finding jobs in the middle of the f***ing country of Arkansas. In sense, my luck is dwindling... slowly, but surely, it will come to an end.

First of all, you gotta make what you are trying to say clearer. Try to think about what you will say instead of acting on impulse. Just a suggestion.

Wii U is cheaper than what the PS4 and RROD 720 will be. If you do not like motion controls, there will be Nintendo games that do not use them, or some that implement them well. If you still cannot stand that, you'll have to cough up more money for the other upcoming consoles.

Nope. Story is always important.

Never said it wasn't. Game play is still the most important aspect of a game that ain't bloody Heavy Rain though, that was my point. ... Actually, I think we've had a short discussion over our clashing opinions in terms of which game element; Story or Game Play; is more important before, haven't we? :lol:

You've been exposed to too much DLC that it's blurring your view on what a full game really is.

Most certainly not, I've paid for only a single DLC package for as long as I've gamed. And technically it wasn't even DLC since it was on-disc (Undead Nightmare/two Multiplayer DLCs normally for Red Dead Redemption, $5 discount compared to if they were bought via download seperately), not that it really matters.

I was more or less just expanding on what BluRay said and why it's sensible, and only agree with it to a certain extent. While I've yet to play the 3DS or Wii U NSMB games (obviously), I have no doubt I'd still enjoy 'em, horrendously recycled game mechanics or not. The "generic" Mario platforming has survived the test of time easily, certainly. That don't mean said gameplay isn't stale to some gamers though. Not me, not you, but plenty others.

NSMB2/U are full games? Sure are. Games with next-to-no original, important new content? lolyes. There's no inventiveness. Not every IP needs to be fresh, new and incredibly different while bringin' huge ideas to the table in order to be a great game. Nintendo proves this with the occasional 1st party installment that's not-so-new but still oh-so great. My point is, there's no excuse for when a game is milked to the point NSMB is. There's a reason a new one is comin' out every year or so. A reason similar to CoD's claim to fame...

I GOT IT!

too much cursingggggggggg tempted to edit post liek that one other tiem 2

I haven't found a job since I'm in the middle'a nowhere as well, bro. I'm also fortunate enough t' have a ton of expensive ****. Don't see me cursing THAT much in rage. :lol: ... Not that I don't curse regularly, but that's 'sides the point. >_> Point being, chill out bro. Otherwise I'll make ya chill.

A great game can be great without a great story, it simply won't be a fantastic work of art, a masterpiece, nor a bar-setter for future titles in the end.
What a gamer must ask himself when playing the game is this: Does the games' story do the game justice? For games such as Mario and TF2, certainly. The story elements fit nicely with the rest of their components. With AC, it's just...... ugh.

SSBfreakCK said:
There's a reason a new one is comin' out every year or so. A reason similar to CoD's claim to fame...

How would you like it *insert your favorite game ever here* got a sequel every year, while still keeping quality? The difference with Madden/CoD and the proposed situation above is that Mario is actually good.

If Red Dead Redemption got a sequel every year, I'd enjoy the experience, sure. But as a fanboy, I'd rage in all honesty, and rarely do I rage as a fanboy over anything. Anything. A masterpiece isn't a masterpiece if it's released time and again with some new guff, but is a repeated experience. Inventiveness isn't always a relevant factor in a game's quality, but in the specific case of RDR, yes, I believe it is. Countless, passionless re-releases would tarnish the artistic quality of that game.

Certain games can still work with the countless re-releases though; Mario for example, as I've acknowledged, so I don't currently see the point of what you're sayin' in the above post.

... Oh, and I should clarify I wasn't tryin' to defend AC's story. Definitely not. :lol: It tries, but it doesn't succeed all-that well in some areas. Not havin' a good story intentionally is better than a poor attempt at a good story, indeed.

Maybe it's more that I would like to jump in a take a hold and show them, what I want out of the industry.

I was hating the WiiU before it was cool

Back