Wii U Version of Assassin’s Creed III Announced

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
[FONT=&amp]
maura-albums-news-picture9740-assassins-creed-iii.JPG

Lots of excitement for fans of the Assassin’s Creed series today with the announcement from Ubisoft that Assassin’s Creed III is on its way, and will be released on all major consoles on October 31 2012, including a confirmed Wii U version. According to a report on MCV, the game will be set during the American Revolution, in a time period that spans the days of the Wild West to the colonial towns and cities. The game will also feature a new hero, Ratohnaké:ton, following on from Atair and Ezio in the previous games. Ratohnaké:ton is both Native American and English, and also goes by the name of Connor, which is a bit easier to spell than Ratohnaké:ton! According to MCV, he doesn’t think much of the English! Ubisoft Montreal is in overall charge of the game’s development, overseeing a total of six other studios. Ubisoft says that the new game is the “largest project” it has ever undertaken, and it will have a brand new game engine. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Assassin’s Creed III features the franchise’s most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay,” said Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot. “Whether you’re a longtime fan of Assassin’s Creed or if you’re new to the franchise, you’re going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin’s Creed III.[/FONT]"

Sounds like yet another reason to start getting excited about the Wii U!

[FONT=&amp]Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/assassin-s-creed-iii-gets-october-31st-release-date[/FONT]

looks beautiful, and hell with this one going to be the biggest of all the assasins creeds, i think there will be alot of fun stuff to do. (ive barely played this game at my friends house so im a noob.. just sayin)

*Taking drink of water*
*Reads "American Revolution", and nearly drenches monitor* I KNEW THOSE BIRCH TREES LOOKED FAMILIAR!

Let the hype begin. Get your flintlocks and hidden blades ready! :D Oh, and by the look of that somewhat-blurry photo, maybe even a bow.

Though, I'm definitely wary of getting it on the WiiU... They won't have very much time to fine-tune the tablet's controls, so I'm gonna have to torture myself and wait to buy ACIII.

>Porting games that will be out of date when they come out

Still struggling to want a Wii U

*Taking drink of water*
*Reads "American Revolution", and nearly drenches monitor* I KNEW THOSE BIRCH TREES LOOKED FAMILIAR!

Let the hype begin. Get your flintlocks and hidden blades ready! :D Oh, and by the look of that somewhat-blurry photo, maybe even a bow.

Though, I'm definitely wary of getting it on the WiiU... They won't have very much time to fine-tune the tablet's controls, so I'm gonna have to torture myself and wait to buy ACIII.

Lol! Sorry about the blurry photo, it's taken from the announcement trailer! :)

It looks like he might be native american due to the bow

Edit:
Found a trailer
[video=youtube;BSa0Xg-YadY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY[/video]

Last edited:
Im curious how free roam will work now. Are we gonna be ruunin' on tree branches most of the time? Also I hope we get to fight some wild animals like bears and wolves.

What I'm really curious 'bout is the plot behind all this... Connor is a Native American, and they sided with the Brits. How and why did he end up siding with the Yanks? Is there a group of assassins that made their way to the New World? How in god's name did a Native American end up being trained to be an assassin? Since the pilgrims were going to the Americas to be free of religious prejudice and laws (like Templar rule, persay...), it's very possible that the American Revolution isn't a war of revolutionaries and Red Coats, but yet another assassin-Templar conflict instead.

... This is completely off topic, but if we get an ACIIII that doesn't have Desmond as the star assassin, my fingers are ****in' crossed for a Wild West assassin we can safely call a shootist. :D

Lol! Sorry about the blurry photo, it's taken from the announcement trailer! :)

Ahh, can't be helped sometimes. Not like the trailer itself is hard to find anyways.

It looks like he might be native american due to the bow

Considering his name, the bow, and especially his proficiency with a tomahawk, 'course he is.

Im curious how free roam will work now. Are we gonna be ruunin' on tree branches most of the time? Also I hope we get to fight some wild animals like bears and wolves.

That's what I'm most interested about. Colonial America isn't exactly filled with many settlements, nor very large ones. In that regard, Connor ain't gonna be running on rooftops or blending with crowds in the street like Ezio and Altair did. Or at least, he won't be doin' so all-that often. Gameplay really is gonna take a huge overhaul.

I also think he might have european blood (Ezio's blood).
Assassin's Creed games I believe are based around conspiracies such as the Freemasons' claim that George Washington was a Freemason. Not too mention that the Assassin Creeds symbol looks similar to the Freemason Compass.

I also think he might have european blood (Ezio's blood).

I highly doubt it. It certainly is possible, but just unlikely.

Assassin's Creed games I believe are based around conspiracies such as the Freemasons' claim that George Washington was a Freemason.

Yep. Pretty much every piece of Templar-history flavor text throughout the entire series has them tinkering with every bloody conspiracy theory ever. If the information for ACIII is based on the freemasonry forming in the late 16th century, it's VERY possible they indeed took the assassin insignia from possible Brotherhood association or even founding, to make the square 'n compass. The time frame in which the freemasonry was formed would also fit for the possibility Connor, who would logically be sided with the red coats, is fighting for/with the freemasonry.

Or maybe that's all completely wrong and stupid.

I am beyond excited for ACIII as well as Wii-u xD! I mean **** man just thinking of all those potentially made games/ported games and brand NEW series games.

Oh snap. I already have this preordered for my PS3. Dare I switch my order to the Wii U copy? And if I do there won't be any issue with Wii Us discs being a different size than the PS3/360 discs like the gamecube before it will there? Cause id hate for my special edition Assassins Creed III tin case I got for preordering to go to waste.

Well, I now see why Revelations was... sub-par in comparison to Brotherhood. Turns out the main developer team for AC has been working on AC III since AC II came out. A single year of development to make Brotherhood as awesome as it was certainly means three years of development for AC III turns my hype up a notch.

Alright, so... I've got a ton of details on AC III. Needless to say, I'm ****in' excited. Here's what I actually care 'bout.

- The NEW Anvil engine. The Anvil/Havok engine of ACs of the past was limited to about 100 NPCs on screen at once; not that such ever even happened; this new one has the capabilities of a thousand or so. The programming potential for III is clearly ousting previous installments in every way possible.

- Connor isn't a copypasta Assasin like how Desmond and Ezio essentially took all of Altair's moves, and made a few of their own. He'll have all of his own animations; walking, attacking, counter-kills, EVERYTHING. Combat's gonna be fresh. Brotherhood's offensively-geared combat system was enough of a breath of fresh air for me, so this even greater change should be enthralling... Hopefully.

- Tower Defense won't be returning. YEY

- The US government of 18th century is DEFINITELY influenced by the Assassins. That much is 99% confirmed. How, be it inside moles or the government purposely functioning secretly aside the Brotherhood, I don't know.

- More gaming as Desmond. No more tutorials-only gameplay, and more than just snooping around/getting into Monteriggioni as was the case in Brotherhood. Since we're getting into the sixth game of the series as a whole, it's about ****in' time.

- For two games, Templar agents have been training in the form of the Multiplayer mode. After reaching first prestige, the Templar agent you're supposed to be ends up becoming a field agent: Multiplayer mode might just include some modern assassination craziness. Whether or not that'd be preferred to murdering people in the olden days, I dunno... But the possibilities are promising.

- Synchronization, which has been practically abandoned since AC1 (besides as a replacement to the phrase "game % completed"), is returning in different ways. Half as a leveling system, half as a reward system. There hasn't been any reward for 100% sync in previous games; now there will be. 'BOUT ****IN' TIME

- The Frontier will be affected by the seasons. As we saw in the trailer, we will be traversing snowy woods. But there will be spring, summer, and fall. Likewise, environments will change. If trees can be hiding places, Connor could disappear instantly during Spring or Summer up into a canopy. In the Winter, as the enemy struggles to get 'im, Connor will just take to the branches and leap over the snow his trackers are stumbling around just to take a few steps through. Water will freeze in Winter and new locations will open up; oh, speaking of that...

- Free roam and exploration is emphasized much more. In previous ACs, going by rooftop was the quickest and smartest way to get around (well, except for Venice), and everyone did it. Otherwise you were fumbling in city streets and running into guards to trigger unwanted skirmishes. Considering the what-I-called empty frontier is going to be 1.5 times as big as Brotherhood's entire map, that's a dirty lie. There WILL be things to do in the wilds of the New World, there WILL be notable cities like New York and Boston to explore, and there WILL certain methods of fast travel if you're playing the game just for the main missions.

- One of said things to do throughout the vast frontier is hunting. No seriously, hunting. Be it with bow, flint lock pistol or even rifle (no, I'm not joking :D :D :D), or jumping onto an animal like a savage and ripping out it's throat with your tomahawk, you can hunt all sort of game, big and small. Rabbits and deer are one thing, but you can also hunt bears... Oh, what fun. Cabela's goes old-school hunting while mixing in Assassins. :D I really hope they make hunting a very integral part of the game, i.e. tracking animals, hitting vitals is the only way to get a good kill, etc. Since skinning and selling pelts will be an option to make money in the game, it's very possible that hunting will be well developed.

- Another bit 'bout the Eastern frontier is that we aren't just going to have rolling forests. You'll be scaling unique cliffs, moving about challenging terrain, etc. etc. Since cities are no longer the biggest part of AC, I have no doubt that they'l get all this done right.

- Combat is even more fluid and offensively-paced than Brotherhood or Revelations. Connor Dual-wields weapons now, allowing quite a few more possibilities. You're not so defenseless once you bring out your projectile-firing weapons since you've still got a blade. You can't just spam attacks and counter-kill EVERYTHING that comes your way. Blocking and countering are now allocated to the same button; B/Circle; so turtling the enemy to death is no longer an option. This adds not only moar offensive, bloody death to all fights, but makes defense more difficult. I've always wanted AC combat to be faster AND more difficult, so... awesome.

- AC III has 'round two and a half hour's worth of cutscenes. This clearly means that there'l be a robust story to Connor at the very least, and probably some good stuff for Desmond as well. Considering I've never been a huge fan of how Ubisoft has presented past stories in AC, I've only cared for the epic lore of the Assassin-Templar fight. Though, 'least they tried real hard with Ezio. But this time around, maybe my opinion will be changed. Maybe.

- Plenty of other **** I forgot 'bout/isn't important to me is being rehashed or completely renewed to a supposed point of excellence. Considering the game will be ready to sell in probably a month or two from this post, and that they'l have a long time to literally perfect and play test the ENTIRE game, my expectations for every little thing are definitely high. I expect very little disappoint, if any at all.

Back