Ubisoft Talks Wii U Digital Games Strategy

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-picture9740-assassins-creed-iii.JPG

Eurogamer reports today that Ubisoft has been talking about its approach to Nintendo’s forthcoming Wii U console, and specifically the possibility of making digital versions of its games available. Ubisoft’s man in charge of digital, Chris Early, told Eurogamer that Ubisoft has learnt its lessons from its involvement in Sony’s PS Vita launch, and is now prepared to make digital versions of its games available at launch, as well as the regular boxed versions for retail stores.

“We’ll absolutely take advantage of whatever the policies will let us do with the platform from the standpoint of providing digital content,” Early told Eurogamer. “Nintendo has not announced a lot of their digital programs at this point of time. Our key is, as you see from us from a content perspective in supporting the platform, is we’re going to be there like we were with the Vita, and support the policy side of it as well. With the Vita all of our games are available digitally, and they’re even optimized from that standpoint because that was a policy in place we were able to design to.”

Could this mean we can expect Assassin's Creed 3 available to download digitally for Wii U at launch?!

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...y-to-take-advantage-of-wii-u-digital-strategy

Ya know..this got me to think of things..if we can download a game like AC3 digitally...than wouldn't that mean like umm...DLC downloads too? ^^

EDIT: You should have "News Hound" under your "Super Moderator" Status ;D

DLCs have already happened in Japan for Fire Emblem: Hero of Light and Shadow for the DSi.
I would suspect they would bring that to the 3DS and the Wii U

DLCs have already happened in Japan for Fire Emblem: Hero of Light and Shadow for the DSi.

WAIT WHAT? Why did I not know of this?! Give me your sources! Dx

... Oh, topic, right. If Ninty is gonna bring full games up for digital download, then it's 99% likely they won't leave us high and dry with a ****-small internal hard drive. If this is the case, that means DLC is just as likely to have as big of an impact as it does for Sony and Microsod.

In short, Nintendo is coming through on their promise to make their online experience better. Much better.

Ya know..this got me to think of things..if we can download a game like AC3 digitally...than wouldn't that mean like umm...DLC downloads too? ^^

EDIT: You should have "News Hound" under your "Super Moderator" Status ;D

lol, thank you! :)

Back