Pokemon Diamond/Pearl info

ssbb_lover said:
We get the idea! Stop posting if that's all u'r going to say!

No, it's totally new, didn't u read my post at the very beginning? Read it again and u'll see. Plus there's the new list of pokemon and everything...u must not have read it.
woohoo, i want a DS badly now. i like the night and daytime feature + the pokedex is gonna be great

Wrong again Ssbblover, i was actually right, i know this because i used to own this fake game:
I've played Diamond (in ROM form) and the game is just terrible. It starts off with an endlessly long intro sequence where the hero talks about going to "electric monster's world", which is located inside a tree? And there's a phone ringing under the tree, which is what gets him inside. I'm completely serious - and you have to scroll through "Engrish" text for TEN FULL MINUTES (I know, because there's an in-game clock on your main screen) before you can make a single decision on your own, and that's aimlessly walking around trying to find somebody.

The game looks like a standard RPG in many ways, but I couldn't get into it. The game is horribly translated, for starters. Sample: "Regard the 'map' with a START button" or something like that. The translation is laughable. Perhaps to avoid copyright issues (other than the name "Pokemon" on the title screen), Pokemon are not mentioned once in the game. They must say "electric monsters world" about fifty times in the ten-minute intro dialogue. As any Pokemon gamer knows, the game -should- start with Oak talking about the world of POKEMON. Not electric monsters.

The "electric monsters" can talk to you, but it doesn't even call them Pokemon inside the game. A big feature of the game is some cell-phone thing with "DShoot" that your character has. I don't know what "DShoot" is, but they go on about it at length. Too bad I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Perhaps in whatever this game was in the original Japanese, the wireless adapter (used in Japanese Pokemon Crystal) was a key selling point, so they wanted to give your character the phone as well. I wonder what this game was originally supposed to be... obviously this is not an original creation. More than likely this was a Japanese exclusive video game, and someone tried to translate it (badly) to make a quick buck.

When you walk in the grass (or anywhere else), you may encounter a wild creature. Battle it, and win, and you 'get your opponent's phone number', which (I think), means that you can call it when you want it to battle for you. No Pokeballs, no choosing whether you want the thing or not, it becomes yours. Oh, and these 'electric monsters' will randomly call you up and prattle about stupid stuff. One asked if I'd eaten curry.

I've received different pictures of these games and boxes from dragonslayerboy. There isn't even continuity in these fakes! And from what I can tell, neither of these monsters actually appear in the games.

source:http://www.trsrockin.com/fakegames.html
Proves my post wasn't random, and i know that the real pokémon diamond is for ds, i'm not stupid:lol:
edit: by the way this was all long before the ds saw the light of day;)

Last edited:
Kakashi said:
Wrong again Ssbblover, i was actually right, i know this because i used to own this fake game:
I've played Diamond (in ROM form) and the game is just terrible. It starts off with an endlessly long intro sequence where the hero talks about going to "electric monster's world", which is located inside a tree? And there's a phone ringing under the tree, which is what gets him inside. I'm completely serious - and you have to scroll through "Engrish" text for TEN FULL MINUTES (I know, because there's an in-game clock on your main screen) before you can make a single decision on your own, and that's aimlessly walking around trying to find somebody.

The game looks like a standard RPG in many ways, but I couldn't get into it. The game is horribly translated, for starters. Sample: "Regard the 'map' with a START button" or something like that. The translation is laughable. Perhaps to avoid copyright issues (other than the name "Pokemon" on the title screen), Pokemon are not mentioned once in the game. They must say "electric monsters world" about fifty times in the ten-minute intro dialogue. As any Pokemon gamer knows, the game -should- start with Oak talking about the world of POKEMON. Not electric monsters.

The "electric monsters" can talk to you, but it doesn't even call them Pokemon inside the game. A big feature of the game is some cell-phone thing with "DShoot" that your character has. I don't know what "DShoot" is, but they go on about it at length. Too bad I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Perhaps in whatever this game was in the original Japanese, the wireless adapter (used in Japanese Pokemon Crystal) was a key selling point, so they wanted to give your character the phone as well. I wonder what this game was originally supposed to be... obviously this is not an original creation. More than likely this was a Japanese exclusive video game, and someone tried to translate it (badly) to make a quick buck.

When you walk in the grass (or anywhere else), you may encounter a wild creature. Battle it, and win, and you 'get your opponent's phone number', which (I think), means that you can call it when you want it to battle for you. No Pokeballs, no choosing whether you want the thing or not, it becomes yours. Oh, and these 'electric monsters' will randomly call you up and prattle about stupid stuff. One asked if I'd eaten curry.

I've received different pictures of these games and boxes from dragonslayerboy. There isn't even continuity in these fakes! And from what I can tell, neither of these monsters actually appear in the games.

Proves my post wasn't random, and i know that the real pokémon diamond is for ds, i'm not stupid:lol:

See SSBB lover? i told u there was a pokemon diamond in which u call other pokemon to your aid :) this is the one i was talking about

Nah, they're strong enough at lvl 100 and it takes a while to train them to 100 anyway, could you imagen 200?

Kakashi said:

Your wrong yourself that wasnt a pokemon game
that was just a totally fake game made by a totally diffrent company none of those pokemon in that game was never mentioned in the tv show if not mentiond in the show then it was never real...

Yeah it's a pirated game, but now Nintendo's coming out w/ there own diamond version, SO HA!:lol:

MetroidZ said:
woohoo, i want a DS badly now. i like the night and daytime feature + the pokedex is gonna be great

Anyone know where i can check some screenshots of pokemon pearl/diamond DS?

does the pokemon only go up to level 100; i think they should start making it level 200.
All very good questions and observations:D

I agree, i'm glad the night/day is returning(it's not new, it was in Gold & Silver as well)the snow feature will be fun to because guess what...new enviroment means new POKEMON!!!

How's this for screenshots(all *NEW* might I add)?>>>>Pokemon D/P Screenshots

I agree, even if they make it easier to get to lvl 100 they should make it really hard to get to 200...that would be sweet. Plus the more lvl's there are the more moves there:D It would feel like it would take even longer than it already does to really beat the game(for all u guys that have played Pokemon, u know the replay value is eternity:lol: )

Are these the 3 pokemon that you have to choose one from to start the game. Cuz in every pokemon game you either choose a water, leaf, or fire pokemon.
poke83_qjgenth.jpg

Supermariomp3 said:
Are these the 3 pokemon that you have to choose one from to start the game. Cuz in every pokemon game you either choose a water, leaf, or fire pokemon.
poke83_qjgenth.jpg
then your rival chooses the strongest against ur pokemon i.e. if u choose fire he will choose water :mad:

btw, does anyone know if diamond and pearl have the same story for e.g. pokemon ruby and saphire??

Back